Why do "skinny" remarks sting just as much?

It's unfortunate that you're dealing with this. Comments from others can be harsh, regardless of whether they mean to be. I want you to know that hearing about your journey and what you've achieved pushes me to improve myself and work on my own health as well. I appreciate you opening up, so stay confident—you've worked hard for this!
 
Incredible work — seriously! Your effort shows, and it makes me glad to hear you feel your best and are enjoying it!

Having your body picked apart is awful. I can’t wrap my head around why anyone feels entitled to make unkind comments. For instance, if you were seriously ill…what business is it of theirs to dig? What outcome do they imagine those remarks will have? I’m sorry this is something you have to face.
 
My relatives have taken to labeling me skinnyfat and saying I'm too skinny LOL. Back when I was fat, they barely had anything to say.
 
What you've achieved is genuinely impressive, and reading your journey is motivating. The people around you usually only notice the current version of you; the countless hours of effort, the things you gave up, the rough patches, and the persistence that got you here remain invisible to them.

Sadly, when someone lacks the whole picture, they'll still feel entitled to weigh in. Based on what you've shared, your weight is in a healthy range, and you've got plenty of reasons to feel proud of how far you've come.

Adding strength training sounds like a smart move. Muscle development can make a big difference for how your body looks, how you feel about yourself, and your health overall. Ultimately, if your health is good, you're content, and your body feels right, nothing else really matters. Well done on such a remarkable change! One more thought: KLOW80 might be worth checking out; it's great for keeping your body in good shape.
 
Back
Top