Who handles the local delivery in Germany once a GLY shipment clears customs?

Gwynhwyfar

Explorer
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
BY
My package cleared customs in nederlands 2 days ago and then went to the local carrier. Here there are at least 5 local carriers, so I have no clue which one currently has the parcel? Neither DHL nor DPD recognized the tracking #. Maybe someone here knows which company partners with GLY ?
 
Since my own shipment is being sent through GLY, I'd really like to know the answer to this.
 
Which carrier takes it depends on how it was shipped, but usually it's one of the following:

• GLS → extremely frequent in Spain

• Correos (Spanish Postal Service) → for lower-cost or postal options

• SEUR (DPD Group)

• DPD

• UPS

• FedEx

💡 A common scenario:

• China → (GLI / YunExpress / 4PX / Cainiao)

• Europe (hub located in the Netherlands, Belgium, or Germany)

• Last mile → GLS or Correos in Spain
 
In Australia I have found Chatgpt quite capable of handling these kinds of questions, and I do not see a reason it would work differently over there. The first and simplest approach is to try a general worldwide tracking service such as 17track and check whether it can locate the parcel. There have been packages I was unable to track locally no matter how much I searched, yet they still arrived in the end. On top of that, bulk shipping combined with local reposting setups tends to be used to lower the chances of customs interception, or to cut costs? That can make tracking difficult.
 
lessthanhalf said:

In Australia I have found Chatgpt quite capable of handling these kinds of questions, and I do not see a reason it would work differently over there. The first and simplest approach is to try a general worldwide tracking service such as 17track and check whether it can locate the parcel. There have been packages I was unable to track locally no matter how much I searched, yet they still arrived in the end. On top of that, bulk shipping combined with local reposting setups tends to be used to lower the chances of customs interception, or to cut costs? That can make tracking difficult.
Correct — 17track ends on 31st march at 17 o´clock; past that point the parcel sits with the local carrier, though which one is anyone´s guess 😉
 
For me, DHL has consistently been the one doing the final leg.

That said, keep in mind that a "Local carrier" sometimes exists whose only apparent job is moving goods from the NL customs warehouse over to the real carriers (such as DHL). I've run into that a handful of times as well.





645be81fad9ea6b185a2529662e9b1d319b67317162220e4b3469482b425915b.webp


Take one of my earlier orders: the "local carrier" shown above did not appear to be DHL (I was tracking it simultaneously through my DHL account). While it sat with that "local carrier", my DHL account showed "announced", then "transport to DHL" (Sendung im Weitertransport zu DHL").

The status only moved to the following stage, "Vorbereitung zum Weitertransport", once the parcel reached the DHL facility in Krefeld. This may not hold in every case, just offering an example 🙂
 
It appears to have been handed over to DHL this afternoon. However, the German tracking # is not recognized by DHL at this point.
 
Back
Top