Which vial sizes work best for stockpiling?

bockscar said:

Stace_wow said:

I'll stock up on whatever's available, doesn't matter the size! Whenever I spot a solid bargain on T10's, then boom, those become my on-the-go vials when needed. And if T140 comes with an amazing price, then bam, that's 1 vial covering a couple months of dosing. For me, it all comes down to the cost.

In my opinion, each vial size serves its own purpose and situation.

Are you going through 70mg each month?

Personally, no. My remarks were meant in a general sense. That said, I inject once every 6 days, and to me a vial isn't finished until it's completely empty. The "28" day guideline isn't something I typically stick to.

With 140mg, I'd get roughly 11 doses spread across 66 days, and stretching a vial out for 10-12 weeks wouldn't bother me in the slightest 😎
 
If I end up buying more than I need by mistake, my plan is to tuck kits into Christmas stockings, just like the eccentric Aunt Bethanny would.
 
bamagirl26 said:

If I end up buying more than I need by mistake, my plan is to tuck kits into Christmas stockings, just like the eccentric Aunt Bethanny would.
There's no such thing as overbuying. Let me teach you how it's done.
 
bamagirl26 said:

If I end up buying more than I need by mistake, my plan is to tuck kits into Christmas stockings, just like the eccentric Aunt Bethanny would.
Next Xmas you're welcome to drop by my place! There are a few nutty elderly aunts in my family, but the leaky jello mold would be the peak of what you could expect.
 
I'd go with vials sized to cover a 2-3 month span. That said, if your time on this hasn't been long, your maintenance dose might still be unknown. My husband and I have reached maintenance, and between the 2 of us we go through 10-12mg/ week. That's why stocking 60s is the logical choice for me. As it stands, I've got a 6-year supply for the two of us.
 
At the moment I’m running T20s and R20s, since that size fits what I need right now, and I’ve got enough of them put away to cover a couple of years.

.

I’ve also tucked away a few kits apiece of T60 and R60 as a hedge against whatever comes later. Odds are I’ll give in to the group pull and pick up another couple of '60's within the next few months, just to be safe.
 
My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
 
soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
 
alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
 
soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
Whether you add more or less water, each approach has its upsides. Medically speaking, I doubt it matters very much. With more water, there's a larger margin for mistakes, so accidentally overshooting your dose becomes less likely. The small amount lost in the syringe is also easier to overlook when the volume is greater. Newcomers frequently go with more water, and that's a sensible choice.

Once you've spent more time with peptides, though, you tend to grow at ease using less water. There's less liquid to inject. You're able to use vials that contain higher mg amounts. A bottle of BAC water stretches further. And that tiny leftover in the syringe stops bothering you as much.

Still, sticking with more water is perfectly fine. My own preference is to target a concentration of 5 units/mg. Regardless of what you choose, I write on every vial how much BAC water went in and what concentration that produces (units/ml). When you're mixing, labeling everything is simply good practice, so that later on you won't end up second-guessing yourself.
 
soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
@alphaamigo shared some useful details here.

My own two cents: the bac water I've been drawing from hasn't been swapped out since June, and nothing has gone wrong. I keep using the same bottle until there's nothing left. That's a common approach, though ultimately it comes down to your own comfort level. Every time I pierce the rubber stopper, I wipe it down first, so given my IC routine I'm fine going well past the "28" day cutoff. I've also got Ph strips on hand for testing. Prior to mixing my next vial, I'll absolutely test its ph.
 
I've got 2 kits at 20mg. When supplies get thin, I'll switch to a bigger mg amount. Still haven't settled on which one. Those purchases were my first foray into grey
 
Stace_wow said:

soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
@alphaamigo shared some useful details here.

My own two cents: the bac water I've been drawing from hasn't been swapped out since June, and nothing has gone wrong. I keep using the same bottle until there's nothing left. That's a common approach, though ultimately it comes down to your own comfort level. Every time I pierce the rubber stopper, I wipe it down first, so given my IC routine I'm fine going well past the "28" day cutoff. I've also got Ph strips on hand for testing. Prior to mixing my next vial, I'll absolutely test its ph.
Which Ph range are you aiming for?
 
soulfool said:

Stace_wow said:

soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
@alphaamigo shared some useful details here.

My own two cents: the bac water I've been drawing from hasn't been swapped out since June, and nothing has gone wrong. I keep using the same bottle until there's nothing left. That's a common approach, though ultimately it comes down to your own comfort level. Every time I pierce the rubber stopper, I wipe it down first, so given my IC routine I'm fine going well past the "28" day cutoff. I've also got Ph strips on hand for testing. Prior to mixing my next vial, I'll absolutely test its ph.
Which Ph range are you aiming for?
From what I understand, the usual range is 4.5-7, so anything falling inside those bounds is perfectly fine by me.
 
alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
The phrasing here is strange—are you saying you simply halt once you hit 9-10 weeks?

Stace_wow said:

soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
@alphaamigo shared some useful details here.

My own two cents: the bac water I've been drawing from hasn't been swapped out since June, and nothing has gone wrong. I keep using the same bottle until there's nothing left. That's a common approach, though ultimately it comes down to your own comfort level. Every time I pierce the rubber stopper, I wipe it down first, so given my IC routine I'm fine going well past the "28" day cutoff. I've also got Ph strips on hand for testing. Prior to mixing my next vial, I'll absolutely test its ph.
I keep using my Hospira until the vial is empty, and I never test its pH. Hospira also contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol.
 
Kitty Paws said:

I currently have a few kits of 10mg, and since my dose is only 2mg, that's been doing the job with no issues. Lately I've been considering building up a stash in case the laws shift or something like that. Would it make more sense to stockpile 20mg or 30mg vials? How do you all approach this?
The two of them
 
HARLEYV2 said:

Kitty Paws said:

I currently have a few kits of 10mg, and since my dose is only 2mg, that's been doing the job with no issues. Lately I've been considering building up a stash in case the laws shift or something like that. Would it make more sense to stockpile 20mg or 30mg vials? How do you all approach this?
The two of them
In addition, R60 as well as R100.
 
BNLFL said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
The phrasing here is strange—are you saying you simply halt once you hit 9-10 weeks?

Stace_wow said:

soulfool said:

alphaamigo said:

soulfool said:

My very first Retatutride purchase just went through — 10 vials, each 10mg — and after going through a lot of the great threads here about how to reconstitute and dose, I figured I'd ask my question in this one rather than create a separate thread.

Since Sep 2025 I've been using Mounjaro, and the results were excellent. Lately, though, things have plateaued, so I'm interested in trying Retatrutide to see whether it gives me the push I'm looking for. My first question concerns how much bac water to put into a vial. Every Mounjaro pen holds 4 doses at 0.6ml, which adds up to 2.4ml (not counting the golden dose).

To keep the math simple, I'll go with 2.5ml total, giving a concentration of 4 mg/ml. Starting at a 2mg dose would then mean injecting 0.5ml. Is that correct?

Second, would it be safe and sensible to mix the full 2.5ml at one time and then use it across the next 4 weeks? That way 1 vial would cover a month for me. Officially, bac water keeps for 28 days, so that part seems okay. What I'm unsure about is whether the reconstituted solution itself would remain good for that long (I plan to store it in the fridge, away from light).

Thanks so much for any help.
I'll go through this step by step. To start, how much BAC water to add is completely your call. For someone just starting out, going with the larger amount (2.5ml) is perfectly okay. Over time, though, I believe most folks end up cutting back on the water. If you don't already have one on hand, a peptide calculator is worth using. Sharing this particular one shouldn't be an issue, https://calc.injectionshop.com/. With it, you plug in 10mg, 2.5ml of water, and your desired dose. Say you're after a 2mg shot from a 10mg vial mixed with 2.5ml — that works out to 50 units.

Once the 2.5ml of BAC is in there (I'm figuring you're working with Insulin syringes), just keep everything in the same vial. Switch to a fresh syringe for each injection, and store the vial in the fridge between pins.

For me personally, Reta holds up for 9 weeks (that's 10 weeks of injections). It's never caused me any trouble. Others play it safer, and a handful are more relaxed about it. Just keep watching how clear the liquid stays in the vial.

Wishing you the best.
I really appreciate you getting back to me. That calculator is really useful too. Just wondering, what advantage comes with using a smaller amount of BAC? I get that the mixture ends up more concentrated, but is the difference actually significant?
@alphaamigo shared some useful details here.

My own two cents: the bac water I've been drawing from hasn't been swapped out since June, and nothing has gone wrong. I keep using the same bottle until there's nothing left. That's a common approach, though ultimately it comes down to your own comfort level. Every time I pierce the rubber stopper, I wipe it down first, so given my IC routine I'm fine going well past the "28" day cutoff. I've also got Ph strips on hand for testing. Prior to mixing my next vial, I'll absolutely test its ph.
I keep using my Hospira until the vial is empty, and I never test its pH. Hospira also contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol.
I won't mix a vial unless I can finish it within 9 weeks. When I mix and inject on the same day, that initial dose is not included in the week count. Tossing a vial past 9 weeks doesn't bother me, though so far that hasn't happened.
 
Back
Top