Which vial sizes work best for stockpiling?

Kitty Paws

Explorer
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I currently have a few kits of 10mg, and since my dose is only 2mg, that's been doing the job with no issues. Lately I've been considering building up a stash in case the laws shift or something like that. Would it make more sense to stockpile 20mg or 30mg vials? How do you all approach this?
 
I stockpile 60s, and if I come across 100s I'll go wild. Since I'm 13 months in, my dose is on the higher side. I've already got quite a few 30s, and I mix them together during reconstitution and filtering. The ideal stash for you is whatever matches your dosage.
 
I'm with all court tennis on this. From what I've seen, once it's mixed it holds up for about 12 weeks. So for me the question becomes: does 12 times my dose equal the vial size I should get? Since I don't yet know what my maintenance dose will end up being, I'm adding to my stash gradually. Going too small is likely safer than going too big. That said, if you go too big you can always split it with somebody, or you might find yourself needing more than a maintenance dose down the road. Having a variety could be a good approach. Either way, there's no wrong move.
 
It also comes down to the compound you're stockpiling. I've got a large stash of Tirzepatide. I picked up a lot of 100mg kits since you can reconstitute and then freeze it again. With Retatrutide, refreezing doesn't work well, so it's better to get kits sized so you can use them without splitting a vial and having to save part of it for later.
 
I've got over 400 vials of Reta, ranging from R15 to R140, and most of them are 3ml. Recently I picked up 2 kits of R60 in 5ml vials, and I really dislike those for storage. I also have 2 more kits of R100 coming, also in 5ml.

If I were in your position, I'd choose R30, since your injection amount will probably increase over time. The larger the vial, the lower the cost per mg. With a 10mg vial, my wife and I would each get just 1 shot out of it.
 
BNLFL said:

I've got over 400 vials of Reta, ranging from R15 to R140, and most of them are 3ml. Recently I picked up 2 kits of R60 in 5ml vials, and I really dislike those for storage. I also have 2 more kits of R100 coming, also in 5ml.

If I were in your position, I'd choose R30, since your injection amount will probably increase over time. The larger the vial, the lower the cost per mg. With a 10mg vial, my wife and I would each get just 1 shot out of it.

Doesn't it concern you that it might break down?

Take 400 vials on the low end, R15 for instance — that adds up to 6,000 mg altogether. Even if someone were taking as much as 12 mg weekly, you'd have nearly 10 years of reta! That's a serious haul.

Then again, who knows whether something superior might show up within the next few years?
 
For Tirz, I'd say it can take a fair amount of abuse—it's pretty stable. Reta, on the other hand, doesn't appear to hold up as well, and once reconstituted you likely shouldn't stretch it past 6 weeks. That's why my instinct is that 30s—easy to source and easy to test—are the ones worth accumulating, though ultimately it comes down to how much you need for maintenance.
 
Years down the line, whoever buys your place will tear into a renovation and puzzle over the odd little vials they keep uncovering tucked inside the walls and above the ceiling.
 
Jerrey said:

It also comes down to the compound you're stockpiling. I've got a large stash of Tirzepatide. I picked up a lot of 100mg kits since you can reconstitute and then freeze it again. With Retatrutide, refreezing doesn't work well, so it's better to get kits sized so you can use them without splitting a vial and having to save part of it for later.
Where did you hear that reconstituting and then freezing is possible? That's simply not true.
 
When it comes to Tirzepatide, the answer is yes — this has been common knowledge in this community and elsewhere for quite a while. Try the search feature; there's plenty of documentation on it. That resilience is exactly why people nickname it the cockroach of peptides — it endures almost anything. Retatrutide, though, would end up almost entirely worthless if put through that same method.
 
bigbodybarry said:

BNLFL said:

I've got over 400 vials of Reta, ranging from R15 to R140, and most of them are 3ml. Recently I picked up 2 kits of R60 in 5ml vials, and I really dislike those for storage. I also have 2 more kits of R100 coming, also in 5ml.

If I were in your position, I'd choose R30, since your injection amount will probably increase over time. The larger the vial, the lower the cost per mg. With a 10mg vial, my wife and I would each get just 1 shot out of it.

Doesn't it concern you that it might break down?

Take 400 vials on the low end, R15 for instance — that adds up to 6,000 mg altogether. Even if someone were taking as much as 12 mg weekly, you'd have nearly 10 years of reta! That's a serious haul.

Then again, who knows whether something superior might show up within the next few years?
As I mentioned, R15 through R140. After consuming quite a bit, the current total is 16,912mg. At the 10mg/each dosage we use, I figure that's 15 years' worth. If something new eventually comes along, my wife and I will be on maintenance. A bit of degradation isn't a concern. Should Eli Lilly really start cracking down—which is probably impossible—I'm covered. Attachment below.



82dc2a85ace1fdfdb904ef763744c91c66ac90839da020303c6916b68885775e.jpg




Eli Lilly sues 6 companies over illegal retatrutide sales



The drug remains in Phase 3 clinical trials and has not been approved by any regulator for human use

c67819dc0ced5eab8731dfd011ddb5490c9c8797e3b0047aab3ad557cc60f244.png



www.yahoo.com

Redz said:

Jerrey said:

It also comes down to the compound you're stockpiling. I've got a large stash of Tirzepatide. I picked up a lot of 100mg kits since you can reconstitute and then freeze it again. With Retatrutide, refreezing doesn't work well, so it's better to get kits sized so you can use them without splitting a vial and having to save part of it for later.
Where did you hear that reconstituting and then freezing is possible? That's simply not true.
See below.

Jerrey said:

When it comes to Tirzepatide, the answer is yes — this has been common knowledge in this community and elsewhere for quite a while. Try the search feature; there's plenty of documentation on it. That resilience is exactly why people nickname it the cockroach of peptides — it endures almost anything. Retatrutide, though, would end up almost entirely worthless if put through that same method.
He's/she's is correct on the reconed Tirz freezing.
 
Kitty Paws said:

I currently have a few kits of 10mg, and since my dose is only 2mg, that's been doing the job with no issues. Lately I've been considering building up a stash in case the laws shift or something like that. Would it make more sense to stockpile 20mg or 30mg vials? How do you all approach this?
Since I'm on maintenance at 15mg per week, stocking up on T60 was a logical choice for me.

But a different forum member mentioned that smaller vials could be useful when traveling. That's why I picked up some T30 as well, so I'd have a 2 week supply on hand for trips.
 
BNLFL said:

bigbodybarry said:

BNLFL said:

I've got over 400 vials of Reta, ranging from R15 to R140, and most of them are 3ml. Recently I picked up 2 kits of R60 in 5ml vials, and I really dislike those for storage. I also have 2 more kits of R100 coming, also in 5ml.

If I were in your position, I'd choose R30, since your injection amount will probably increase over time. The larger the vial, the lower the cost per mg. With a 10mg vial, my wife and I would each get just 1 shot out of it.

Doesn't it concern you that it might break down?

Take 400 vials on the low end, R15 for instance — that adds up to 6,000 mg altogether. Even if someone were taking as much as 12 mg weekly, you'd have nearly 10 years of reta! That's a serious haul.

Then again, who knows whether something superior might show up within the next few years?
As I mentioned, R15 through R140. After consuming quite a bit, the current total is 16,912mg. At the 10mg/each dosage we use, I figure that's 15 years' worth. If something new eventually comes along, my wife and I will be on maintenance. A bit of degradation isn't a concern. Should Eli Lilly really start cracking down—which is probably impossible—I'm covered. Attachment below.



View attachment 12475



Eli Lilly sues 6 companies over illegal retatrutide sales



The drug remains in Phase 3 clinical trials and has not been approved by any regulator for human use

View attachment 12476


www.yahoo.com

Redz said:

Jerrey said:

It also comes down to the compound you're stockpiling. I've got a large stash of Tirzepatide. I picked up a lot of 100mg kits since you can reconstitute and then freeze it again. With Retatrutide, refreezing doesn't work well, so it's better to get kits sized so you can use them without splitting a vial and having to save part of it for later.
Where did you hear that reconstituting and then freezing is possible? That's simply not true.
See below.

Jerrey said:

When it comes to Tirzepatide, the answer is yes — this has been common knowledge in this community and elsewhere for quite a while. Try the search feature; there's plenty of documentation on it. That resilience is exactly why people nickname it the cockroach of peptides — it endures almost anything. Retatrutide, though, would end up almost entirely worthless if put through that same method.
He's/she's is correct on the reconed Tirz freezing.
I've come across the reverse claim as well, though it appears to indicate that it's possible.

Edit: after a bit of searching, I ran into numerous cautions against freezing Tirzepetide. For my part, I wouldn't take that chance.
 

Attachments

  • 82dc2a85ace1fdfdb904ef763744c91c66ac90839da020303c6916b68885775e.jpg
    82dc2a85ace1fdfdb904ef763744c91c66ac90839da020303c6916b68885775e.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
  • c67819dc0ced5eab8731dfd011ddb5490c9c8797e3b0047aab3ad557cc60f244.png
    c67819dc0ced5eab8731dfd011ddb5490c9c8797e3b0047aab3ad557cc60f244.png
    664 bytes · Views: 5
Redz said:

BNLFL said:

bigbodybarry said:

BNLFL said:

I've got over 400 vials of Reta, ranging from R15 to R140, and most of them are 3ml. Recently I picked up 2 kits of R60 in 5ml vials, and I really dislike those for storage. I also have 2 more kits of R100 coming, also in 5ml.

If I were in your position, I'd choose R30, since your injection amount will probably increase over time. The larger the vial, the lower the cost per mg. With a 10mg vial, my wife and I would each get just 1 shot out of it.

Doesn't it concern you that it might break down?

Take 400 vials on the low end, R15 for instance — that adds up to 6,000 mg altogether. Even if someone were taking as much as 12 mg weekly, you'd have nearly 10 years of reta! That's a serious haul.

Then again, who knows whether something superior might show up within the next few years?
As I mentioned, R15 through R140. After consuming quite a bit, the current total is 16,912mg. At the 10mg/each dosage we use, I figure that's 15 years' worth. If something new eventually comes along, my wife and I will be on maintenance. A bit of degradation isn't a concern. Should Eli Lilly really start cracking down—which is probably impossible—I'm covered. Attachment below.



View attachment 12475



Eli Lilly sues 6 companies over illegal retatrutide sales



The drug remains in Phase 3 clinical trials and has not been approved by any regulator for human use

View attachment 12476


www.yahoo.com

Redz said:

Jerrey said:

It also comes down to the compound you're stockpiling. I've got a large stash of Tirzepatide. I picked up a lot of 100mg kits since you can reconstitute and then freeze it again. With Retatrutide, refreezing doesn't work well, so it's better to get kits sized so you can use them without splitting a vial and having to save part of it for later.
Where did you hear that reconstituting and then freezing is possible? That's simply not true.
See below.

Jerrey said:

When it comes to Tirzepatide, the answer is yes — this has been common knowledge in this community and elsewhere for quite a while. Try the search feature; there's plenty of documentation on it. That resilience is exactly why people nickname it the cockroach of peptides — it endures almost anything. Retatrutide, though, would end up almost entirely worthless if put through that same method.
He's/she's is correct on the reconed Tirz freezing.
I've come across the reverse claim as well, though it appears to indicate that it's possible.

Edit: after a bit of searching, I ran into numerous cautions against freezing Tirzepetide. For my part, I wouldn't take that chance.
When it comes to how much risk someone will accept, that call belongs to each person alone. As for me, I went through a great deal of material, both on this site and elsewhere. You are correct that plenty of sources advise against it. From what I gathered, most of those warnings were aimed at peptides broadly rather than at this one. Tirzepatide behaves somewhat differently and tolerates more than many other peps do. Over roughly the past 4 or 5 months, my routine has been to mix a 100mg vial, move half of it into a separate sterile vial, and put that portion in the freezer. I go through the first half, then defrost the second half and use that, and through the whole process I have seen 0 drop in potency.
 
I'll stock up on whatever's available, doesn't matter the size! Whenever I spot a solid bargain on T10's, then boom, those become my on-the-go vials when needed. And if T140 comes with an amazing price, then bam, that's 1 vial covering a couple months of dosing. For me, it all comes down to the cost.

In my opinion, each vial size serves its own purpose and situation.
 
When the dose goes up, the smaller vials remain handy for trips and for tossing after use, while the larger vials win on cost per mg.

Get it at a low price, pile it high.
 
My plan shifted from 30s to 20s. In my opinion, just be sure you purchase at least one, since proper testing runs $300+ each time, and 2x means $600, which alone covers roughly 4-5 kits.

If your weekly amount is going to exceed 2mg, then 30s are what I'd pick. Should you stay below that, 20s seem optimal to me. That's the route I took because I genuinely couldn't decide. Simply estimate or predict your probable dosage over the next several years... after that, based on how much risk you can tolerate, assign every vial an "expiration" falling somewhere from 2 months to 4 months. Although 4 months is my usual benchmark... I went with 2 months per vial in my calculation. Better to have something and not require it than to require it and lack it.

Hope that makes sense lol
 
Stace_wow said:

I'll stock up on whatever's available, doesn't matter the size! Whenever I spot a solid bargain on T10's, then boom, those become my on-the-go vials when needed. And if T140 comes with an amazing price, then bam, that's 1 vial covering a couple months of dosing. For me, it all comes down to the cost.

In my opinion, each vial size serves its own purpose and situation.

Are you going through 70mg each month?
 
bockscar said:

Stace_wow said:

I'll stock up on whatever's available, doesn't matter the size! Whenever I spot a solid bargain on T10's, then boom, those become my on-the-go vials when needed. And if T140 comes with an amazing price, then bam, that's 1 vial covering a couple months of dosing. For me, it all comes down to the cost.

In my opinion, each vial size serves its own purpose and situation.

Are you going through 70mg each month?

My monthly Reta intake was above 80mg.

A vial doesn't need to be completely emptied for it to come out as the more economical choice.
 
Back
Top