Which peptides are you all using to manage anxiety? Anyone tried Pinealon?

miameow said:

It's not a peptide, though propranolol is what I use, and it genuinely helps cut down the bodily signs of anxiety. There's no need to stay on it permanently—you simply take a pill whenever anxiety hits. I've got selank headed my way, so trying it out should be interesting too.
It does the job effectively.
 
Jack Paulie said:

Hey,

Right now I'm taking Selank to treat my anxiety, but I don't plan on staying on it indefinitely, so I'm looking to rotate in a different peptide that helps with anxiety.

Has anyone had success doing this?

I've obviously come across PE 22-28, P21, and Semax, though from what I can tell those seem geared more toward brain fog and similar issues.

As for Pinealon, I haven't given it a try yet, but when it comes to the stress side of anxiety, it seems like it could be worthwhile..
Honestly, I feel like it comes down to how severe your anxiety is and what form it takes. Peptides are part of my routine, sure, but if I skip even a tiny dose of Sertraline, I stop feeling like myself. On it, I'm a better version of me, and it quiets my overactive mind. Picture a ticker tape that never stops running in the background, 24/7..... thoughts, lists, worries, conversations, plans, all going at the same time.

Many of these compounds appear to address specific parts of the problem (sleep, stress, focus...) , yet they don't always get at the root of it, and for me they've never come close to replacing what sertraline does when it comes to regulating my nervous system.

In my own case, stacking approaches has worked best rather than hoping a single thing will somehow fix me. Getting better sleep, cutting back on alcohol, exercising, regulating my nervous system, peptides, and a low-dose SSRI, all combined, do far more for me than any one of them alone.
 
paisleyfan said:

Jack Paulie said:

paisleyfan said:

Why choose a peptide to handle anxiety instead of going after a standard clinical option for anxiety, such as SSRI's?
I'm after something with a low side-effect burden. My anxiety isn't severe — it fluctuates, and when it flares it lands somewhat harder than it does for the ordinary NPCs around here😛

Since I'm so keen on these peptides, I figured I might as well give them a go 🙂
understood! I used to work as a pharmacy tech, so medication is something I'm fairly familiar with. it isn't a peptide, but certain doctors will prescribe antihistamines (allergy meds such as benadryl) to treat anxiety. according to some folks, being asleep means you can't be anxious! 😆

I can back this up. Taking 50% of a Benadryl takes things down a notch so an anxiety spike becomes manageable, yet I stay clear-headed enough to go about my day as usual. My doctor suggested it since I didn't feel comfortable going on benzos.
 
ultima thule said:

I started taking Semax on Monday, and so far I've only done 3 injections at .5mg. I can't claim it has sharpened my focus or anything along those lines, but I do feel more at ease and relaxed. With just 3 shots behind me, it could be placebo, or merely a coincidence. On top of that, Ireland has been having a genuine summer these past few days, which is unheard of, so that could also explain why my mood is so good...I'll keep an eye on how things develop over the next few days and share an update about Semax...
Has anyone attempted to turn Semax into a nasal spray? From what I recall, that route is supposed to work better, and I can personally vouch that the nasal spray worked for me 🙂
 
Romulusguy said:

ultima thule said:

I started taking Semax on Monday, and so far I've only done 3 injections at .5mg. I can't claim it has sharpened my focus or anything along those lines, but I do feel more at ease and relaxed. With just 3 shots behind me, it could be placebo, or merely a coincidence. On top of that, Ireland has been having a genuine summer these past few days, which is unheard of, so that could also explain why my mood is so good...I'll keep an eye on how things develop over the next few days and share an update about Semax...
Has anyone attempted to turn Semax into a nasal spray? From what I recall, that route is supposed to work better, and I can personally vouch that the nasal spray worked for me 🙂
No, I never have. You're correct that plenty of people argue nasal sprays beat injections, though a number of users report the opposite. In the end I figure it comes down to the person. What is definite is that ns hits right away yet doesn't last as long...to me it's kind of like the old charlie vs crack comparison 😆
 
TazaTaza said:

PE 22 28 was a game changer in my case. My initial reason for getting it was the supposed pathway through which it eases depression.

After roughly 6 weeks of use, the mental relief hits me right away. That knot in my belly when I'm stressed is gone, my mind doesn't race anymore, I'm not overthinking every tiny detail, not overanalyzing, not stuck in choice paralysis and so on.

For me, pe2228 delivers everything I expected Adamax/Semax to deliver, so keep in mind that my experience is just 1 data point. It made a huge difference for getting started on tasks and for turning the volume down on my thoughts.
Appreciate the input — PE2228 is going on my list for the next order then 🙂
 
TazaTaza said:

PE 22 28 was a game changer in my case. My initial reason for getting it was the supposed pathway through which it eases depression.

After roughly 6 weeks of use, the mental relief hits me right away. That knot in my belly when I'm stressed is gone, my mind doesn't race anymore, I'm not overthinking every tiny detail, not overanalyzing, not stuck in choice paralysis and so on.

For me, pe2228 delivers everything I expected Adamax/Semax to deliver, so keep in mind that my experience is just 1 data point. It made a huge difference for getting started on tasks and for turning the volume down on my thoughts.
Does it also help with seizures?
 
Back
Top