DunningKruger
Explorer
Peppy’s hosts a large number of LL-37 studies: a few encouraging, a few alarming, and a great many with thin reporting—dosing details absent, methods murky, or designs that do not hold up. More can be found through Google Scholar, though sorting signal from noise there takes patience and careful reading.jason370 said:
Any additional details about TA1 and LL-37 would be really welcome. Right now I'm going to look for a vendor that carries them.GrandmaJ said:
I'll look into the peptides that tend to come up for colds and immune support.
When it comes to colds and immune support, these are the leading options:
Thymosin Alpha 1 — the one with the most research behind it for immune function; 30+ clinical trials have shown it boosts immune response and might lessen how severe an infection gets. Frequently taken while acutely ill.
LL-37 — an antimicrobial peptide that acts directly against viruses and bacteria. It backs up your body's own defenses against respiratory pathogens.
Glutathione — a master antioxidant that lowers inflammation and helps immune cells work properly. Commonly stacked with other immune peptides.
VIP — anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory. It helps keep the immune response in check and tones down excessive inflammation during an infection.
For acute cold support, Thymosin Alpha 1 has the strongest track record. LL-37 brings direct antimicrobial activity. Which one interests you, or would you like dosing/protocol details for any of them?
From my own experience, I added LL-37 to a prevention stack not long ago after spending time near someone who was obviously unwell. For 10 days I took 200 mcg per day. It did not act as an impenetrable barrier—I spent a couple of days feeling slightly “off”—yet the illness never developed into anything more.
What I did not expect was that by the end of that run my rosacea had almost vanished. That was the outcome I had hoped for from GHK but never achieved. Later I also tried it topically, mixed into a tallow balm, even after coming across a study suggesting LL-37 might cause rosacea-like lesions that do not reverse. To me that study seemed badly put together, so I did not treat it as decisive on its own.
Nobody should start LL-37 before working through multiple studies and grasping the risks being proposed, since the theoretical drawbacks are far from minor. For my part, I will keep it available as a single component within a wider prevention approach, together with mAbs and other better-supported choices.