Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Any additional details about TA1 and LL-37 would be really welcome. Right now I'm going to look for a vendor that carries them.GrandmaJ said:
I'll look into the peptides that tend to come up for colds and immune support.
When it comes to colds and immune support, these are the leading options:
Thymosin Alpha 1 — the one with the most research behind it for immune function; 30+ clinical trials have shown it boosts immune response and might lessen how severe an infection gets. Frequently taken while acutely ill.
LL-37 — an antimicrobial peptide that acts directly against viruses and bacteria. It backs up your body's own defenses against respiratory pathogens.
Glutathione — a master antioxidant that lowers inflammation and helps immune cells work properly. Commonly stacked with other immune peptides.
VIP — anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory. It helps keep the immune response in check and tones down excessive inflammation during an infection.
For acute cold support, Thymosin Alpha 1 has the strongest track record. LL-37 brings direct antimicrobial activity. Which one interests you, or would you like dosing/protocol details for any of them?
Goodkitty's blend gets my vote too.Peotidethrowaway said:
On Pepys, Goodkitty offers a thy ta1 and epitalon combination aimed at prevention and cutting down how long it lasts. For me, it has been effective
My apologies! That was merely the tail end of the Pep-pedia information, which asked whether I wanted additional details. I didn't intend to include that portion in my copy-paste. Anyway, here's the content it provided.jason370 said:
Any additional details about TA1 and LL-37 would be really welcome. Right now I'm going to look for a vendor that carries them.GrandmaJ said:
I'll look into the peptides that tend to come up for colds and immune support.
When it comes to colds and immune support, these are the leading options:
Thymosin Alpha 1 — the one with the most research behind it for immune function; 30+ clinical trials have shown it boosts immune response and might lessen how severe an infection gets. Frequently taken while acutely ill.
LL-37 — an antimicrobial peptide that acts directly against viruses and bacteria. It backs up your body's own defenses against respiratory pathogens.
Glutathione — a master antioxidant that lowers inflammation and helps immune cells work properly. Commonly stacked with other immune peptides.
VIP — anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory. It helps keep the immune response in check and tones down excessive inflammation during an infection.
For acute cold support, Thymosin Alpha 1 has the strongest track record. LL-37 brings direct antimicrobial activity. Which one interests you, or would you like dosing/protocol details for any of them?
That's awesome. Before my daughter brings home whatever she catches from all the other little monsters, I should pick up a kit.jason370 said:
Appreciate everyone — I went ahead and picked up some TA-1 through a group buy. If it genuinely does the job, that would be fantastic.
Same here, that's exactly my situation. For close to 2 months I've had TA-1 and KPV in rotation, switching them day by day (KPV on one day, TA-1 on the next), which keeps them active in my body while stretching how long they last, since I currently only have 2 kits of each. Anything with known angiogenic activity is something I steer clear of, because I want the peptides I take to sit on the high benefit/low risk end of the spectrum. Other than tirz, the rest is basically for the "let's see what this can do for me" hell of it, and thankfully not for any actual medical issue that needs addressing.Chili777 said:
I went with TA-1 and KPV. LL-37 was something I considered, though its angiogenic property put me off.
while it isn't a peptide, provided you don't deal with venous problems: whenever I'm going to be around environments teeming with bacteria/viruses, or when I feel worn down, I've started using pine bark extract — and I haven't caught a cold since.jason370 said:
My child constantly passes their illness on to me, so it would be nice if a cold stack attack could assist in getting rid of it. Does anyone have suggestions?
BillC said:
Come on, dude. There's no reason to shoot Chinese chemicals just because you have the sniffles. Stay hydrated, sleep, and take vitamins.
Yep. You've got a point, man.jason370 said:
BillC said:
Come on, dude. There's no reason to shoot Chinese chemicals just because you have the sniffles. Stay hydrated, sleep, and take vitamins.
that sounds like a person with zero experience raising children. dude, they bring back stuff from school that feels like some rare african disease. The thing is, they're only the ones passing it around; for them it's just a runny nose, but for me it turns into covid on steroids.
Before becoming a parent, illness was basically foreign to me. In my entire life I've only ever taken sick leave 2 times; the 1st was after a car struck me, leaving me in a cast covering half my body, and I still reported to work the following day. The 2nd was when I contracted chicken pox as a grown adult, dropped 30 lbs over ten days, and came close to dying. Now that I have a child, though, I'm coming down with something every 1 to 2 months, and these are the most severe colds you could possibly picture. We've had to put strict hygiene protocols in place just to have any shot at avoiding sickness 365 days a year. If some injection exists that could stop this from happening or clear it up quicker than the usual timeline, count me all the way in.BillC said:
Yep. You've got a point, man.jason370 said:
BillC said:
Come on, dude. There's no reason to shoot Chinese chemicals just because you have the sniffles. Stay hydrated, sleep, and take vitamins.
that sounds like a person with zero experience raising children. dude, they bring back stuff from school that feels like some rare african disease. The thing is, they're only the ones passing it around; for them it's just a runny nose, but for me it turns into covid on steroids.
BillC said:
Yep. You've got a point, man.jason370 said:
BillC said:
Come on, dude. There's no reason to shoot Chinese chemicals just because you have the sniffles. Stay hydrated, sleep, and take vitamins.
that sounds like a person with zero experience raising children. dude, they bring back stuff from school that feels like some rare african disease. The thing is, they're only the ones passing it around; for them it's just a runny nose, but for me it turns into covid on steroids.
I'll continue to advocate for pine bark, plus plenty of raw crushed garlic added to meals. Those are the only recent non-peptide, non-natto things I've introduced to my diet, and I've gone the past couple years without getting sick.jason370 said:
BillC said:
Come on, dude. There's no reason to shoot Chinese chemicals just because you have the sniffles. Stay hydrated, sleep, and take vitamins.
that sounds like a person with zero experience raising children. dude, they bring back stuff from school that feels like some rare african disease. The thing is, they're only the ones passing it around; for them it's just a runny nose, but for me it turns into covid on steroids.