Which peptide works best for body recomposition?

RanHerOver

Explorer
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Italy
Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
 
If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
 
Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
from what i understand, tesamorelin is basically just a pricier form of cjc, right?
 
RanHerOver said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
from what i understand, tesamorelin is basically just a pricier form of cjc, right?
When it comes to visceral fat, Tesa has a stronger effect than CJC.
 
CMA Pooky said:

RanHerOver said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
from what i understand, tesamorelin is basically just a pricier form of cjc, right?
When it comes to visceral fat, Tesa has a stronger effect than CJC.
Assumes facts not in evidence.

The visceral fat reduction studies for Tesa involved a particular group: people whose visceral fat was elevated as a side effect of HIV medication. Outside that setting, it likely still applies, but nobody has actually tested it, and CJC has never been researched for this outcome at all. My guess is that both would perform about the same.

That said, back when I was evaluating GH secretagogues, Tesa was my pick, largely because those studies provide safety data that simply isn't available for CJC (no DAC, which is the form everyone uses).
 
For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
 
CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Appreciate the AI response. Worth pointing out that nearly all of it is just claims, and since CJC no DAC hasn't been researched for this purpose, nobody actually knows.
 
ltjltj said:

CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Appreciate the AI response. Worth pointing out that nearly all of it is just claims, and since CJC no DAC hasn't been researched for this purpose, nobody actually knows.
Perhaps rolling the dice on CJC would have been the better move.
 
Honestly, I'm in no position to suggest a stack — my peptide knowledge is still pretty limited. That said, body recomposition is a genuine superpower, and it deserves more credit than it gets. I've seen it in myself, and in the people I've coached toward their targets. To squeeze the most out of it, you have to pair it with proper nutrition and training, since the effect fades once your body adjusts.

So give it 100% effort. Kick off the morning with protein, and try to place your carbs ahead of training (your muscle glycogen is depleted) and again afterward to top it back up. In my experience, target 2g of protein per kg of body weight, using your goal weight as the reference.

After that, ease into a reverse diet. Add 100 calories weekly so your metabolism climbs, landing you at a maintenance level even higher than before.
 
Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
👀 Those are…aggressive. Take it easy with the adipotide. It puts a lot of strain on the kidneys.
 
CMA Pooky said:

ltjltj said:

CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Appreciate the AI response. Worth pointing out that nearly all of it is just claims, and since CJC no DAC hasn't been researched for this purpose, nobody actually knows.
Perhaps rolling the dice on CJC would have been the better move.
I'm going to take a chance!!
 
Dos-Dox said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
👀 Those are…aggressive. Take it easy with the adipotide. It puts a lot of strain on the kidneys.
yep, that's the reason I dose it roughly every 3 days.
 
Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
Has adipotide been something you've personally used? Personal reports are scarce in what I've come across, though a single individual I spoke with said it produces dents.
 
lastresort said:

Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
Has adipotide been something you've personally used? Personal reports are scarce in what I've come across, though a single individual I spoke with said it produces dents.
To be straight with you, nothing has kicked in for me so far... nothing good and nothing bad. That said, I never stuck with it properly either. I'm just a scatterbrained, ridiculously lazy sloth.
 
From what I've come across, the ranking goes like this:

1. TRT — outperforms all the rest (unless you add other anabolics on top).

2. HGH — growth is supplied straight rather than triggered through your own system.

3. Tesa, given the sheer volume of research behind it.

4. cJC/ipamorrelin
 
RanHerOver said:

CMA Pooky said:

ltjltj said:

CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Appreciate the AI response. Worth pointing out that nearly all of it is just claims, and since CJC no DAC hasn't been researched for this purpose, nobody actually knows.
Perhaps rolling the dice on CJC would have been the better move.
I'm going to take a chance!!
HGH outperforms every one of them, and it costs less
 
When it comes to peptides producing meaningful muscle growth, I'm quite skeptical that any single one does much. You brought up bulking, and for me that means eating a bit above maintenance, so peptides aren't needed to hold onto muscle — the extra calories alone will preserve and build it. If your goal is keeping fat gain low while bulking, based only on what I've read (I haven't tried it myself), tesamorelin looks like a reasonable starting point provided the cost isn't an issue. Among the options, it appears to carry the least risk and the best supporting data.

HGH, I'd argue, is likely more potent overall, though it comes with greater danger, since you'd run it above the amounts people take for longevity, sleep and similar purposes. Still, even HGH on its own wouldn't, in my view, change the game. Its real benefit shows up when you're already using TRT+ and anabolics beyond replacement levels.

Should you not be on TRT, then I wouldn't recommend anabolics — to me, risking lifelong TRT dependence isn't worth it. Should you already be on TRT, then raising the dose or introducing a small amount of another compound would deliver a far bigger effect than any peptide. Keep in mind, though, that TRT is a commitment for life; I'm 40 and have run steroids since my 20's. At this stage I could never stop testosterone unless I chose to feel awful and be unhealthy. That doesn't bother me — I went in with my eyes open — but it's not a choice to make casually.
 
Smiter said:

If I were running Reta, my stack would be Tesa plus adipotide — that's the plan I've settled on. For localized muscle growth, I'd add IGF-1 DES and PEG MGF.
That takes serious nerve. If it came down to it, I’d sooner trust clen than touch adipotide. It doesn’t just strip fat—it wrecks blood vessels, and your kidneys take a heavy hit. None of this is news to you; odds are you’re better versed in it than I am. My point is simply that blood panels are a blunt tool for catching low-level kidney harm, so you could go years without realizing the toll until something breaks.

All the same, I can appreciate that reckless, self-governing streak—I’m not exactly gentle with my own body chemistry either. (And yes, my username is meant literally.) But I’m already hammering my kidneys with huge amounts of creatine, protein, and various recreationals. They have to stay in excellent shape for me to keep living, which is exactly why I ruled adipotide out.

If you go through with it regardless, report back on whether any of your markers shifted. It remains a fascinating compound.
 
CNCCurrency said:

RanHerOver said:

CMA Pooky said:

ltjltj said:

CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Appreciate the AI response. Worth pointing out that nearly all of it is just claims, and since CJC no DAC hasn't been researched for this purpose, nobody actually knows.
Perhaps rolling the dice on CJC would have been the better move.
I'm going to take a chance!!
HGH outperforms every one of them, and it costs less
Is that superior to TRT? Can you point me toward a reliable HGH supplier with solid testing in place, before I run my own test? I already picked some up, though I'll still have to ship it out for analysis. The vendor Inno had Jano test a batch at 96%, but dimer testing wasn't done. What I'm after is 97/98% with minimal to no dimer.
 
CMA Pooky said:

For visceral fat reduction, tesamorelin has stronger clinical backing and greater effectiveness compared to CJC-1295. Both compounds raise growth hormone (GH), yet tesamorelin carries FDA approval and is supported by solid Phase III trial data showing a direct effect on lowering visceral adipose tissue (VAT). [1, 2, 3, 4]

Reasons Tesamorelin Outperforms for Visceral Fat

  • Proven Clinical Targeting: Extensive clinical evidence exists for tesamorelin demonstrating meaningful reductions in visceral abdominal fat, with trials reporting an average 15-17% decrease in visceral fat across 26 weeks in patients.
  • FDA Approval: It holds FDA approval (Egrifta/Egrifta WR) specifically indicated for reducing visceral fat in adults with HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
  • Distinct Mechanism: In contrast to other GHRH analogs, tesamorelin possesses a unique capacity to lower VAT while maintaining lean tissue and enhancing liver fat content. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Tesamorelin versus CJC-1295 for Fat Loss [1]

  • Tesamorelin: Serves as a direct GHRH analog with specific action on visceral adipose tissue.
  • CJC-1295: Works more as a broad enhancer of GH and IGF-1 levels. It is strong at supporting long-term fat metabolism, preserving muscle, and improving body composition, yet it does not have the targeted visceral-reduction clinical trials that tesamorelin does.
  • Mechanism: Tesamorelin works faster and more directly on fat oxidation within the abdominal area, whereas CJC-1295 is preferred for steady, prolonged GH release. [1, 2, 3, 4]
AI nonsense. Tesa has more evidence behind it because the pharma industry aimed to launch it for HIV, which is why trials were conducted to measure how it affected visceral fat.

CJC/Ipa is okay, and obviously there's no real justification for picking either secretagogue instead of HGH.

Edit since I got that wrong. CJC/IPA/TESA don't demand frequent bloodwork. Also, tesa tends to be better tolerated than CJC, and some individuals appear to have a bad reaction to CJC. Still, I maintain that both act on visceral fat through the same mechanism.

RanHerOver said:

Heyo!

I'm currently using retatrutide, it's going well, and my weight is dropping.

No complaints so far.

The thing is, once I hit my goal weight (I really want visible abs!!) I'd like to come off reta and perhaps move to a peptide that helps me hold onto the new physique. Obviously I'll stick with a healthy diet centered mostly on protein, but having a peptide that could assist with muscle recovery and similar things... that sounds like it could be quite beneficial for me. I've read about CJC, though I'm unsure.

So I'm asking here: after my cut phase, which peptide might be best for a solid "bulk"? I don't want to look huge, but if something can help me preserve my muscle, I'm listening.
That isn't body recomposition, though! Lol. Recomp refers to lifting intensely and consuming a large amount of protein while cutting at the same time, so you gain muscle simultaneously.

As others have pointed out, HGH secretagogues work fine. Alternatively you could head to SST and read up on HGH, which is far more potent and equally safe. Many people use 1-2iu per day for exactly these purposes.

Naturally, anything that raises T will assist you in adding muscle, regardless of whether you're male or female.

What ultimately determines how great your physique looks is your effort and commitment in the gym plus your capacity to consistently hit PRs. A bit of HGH will certainly give you a hand along the way.

With that in mind, you might want to check out Bromantane to help you train harder in the gym. I haven't given it a try yet, but unless my grasp of the drug is completely mistaken it ought to be far safer than, for instance, overusing preworkout.

I'm in the same situation as you, and curious about these compounds for the same reason. I currently can't get to a gym and I hate calisthenics, so I'm simply cutting hard until I can access a gym, at which point I'll probably add these two.
 
Back
Top