Which member could bring Jano in for an AMA thread?

Skidude

Explorer
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
566
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Contradictory claims are constantly circulating, and Peter Magic comes across as someone the media trusts — genuinely authoritative across much of what this hobby involves.

Handy if somebody with real pull — no names, though his initials might read @ZippityDooDah — could bring him in for an Ask Me Anything thread.

Pardon the borrowed concept, and the source it's presently tied to.

Since the late 1990s, "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) has named a style of interactive internet interview. AOL chatrooms hosted its early forerunners, and tech-oriented destinations such as Slashdot are what turned crowd-sourced Q&As with industry figures into a fixture, letting users send in questions for a chosen guest.
 
What a FANTASTIC plan!!!! This is already among the biggest peptide forums, so it might carry real weight — our $ testing customer base is enormous and thoroughly serious. Only one question from me, I promise 😉
 
HouseCat said:

What a FANTASTIC plan!!!! This is already among the biggest peptide forums, so it might carry real weight — our $ testing customer base is enormous and thoroughly serious. Only one question from me, I promise 😉
Plus there is a community member here who would put together a FANTASTIC Ai chart of the results..

Could there be a suggestion tab for questions, with a mod or mods posing them to save time?
 
What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
 
His most recent interview had him saying 1000 vials a day were arriving for testing..and that he couldn't hire fast enough. Time on his end seems unlikely
 
My preference would be that his hours go to the backlog — weeks deep, which is what testing for the whole planet produces. The GB I'm in put product on a truck 6 weeks back and still has no COA. Besides, there have been a few interviews and articles lately.
 
tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.
 
Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.
That part I'd support, though an AMA isn't necessarily the right shape for it. The real trouble is that answers get given and then vanish into an avalanche of content; the same questions keep coming back because searching is too much for most people. A curated knowledge base (WiKi, FAQ and so on) would serve far better. Discussions around each subject could feed it, with editors arranging the material afterwards. Whether XenForo (this site's software) can do that, I'm not sure.

Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.

Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.
It would be cool. My guess, though, is that he now rations his hours closely, weighing what each commitment returns for his business. Still, yeah — an AMA from him here would be cool.
 
In my experience Peter is fine with doing an ama on the gram now and then. Stairway is usually where you'll spot him lurking. He's on loqa at present, given that their man page got nuked.
 
tcpnomad said:

Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.
That part I'd support, though an AMA isn't necessarily the right shape for it. The real trouble is that answers get given and then vanish into an avalanche of content; the same questions keep coming back because searching is too much for most people. A curated knowledge base (WiKi, FAQ and so on) would serve far better. Discussions around each subject could feed it, with editors arranging the material afterwards. Whether XenForo (this site's software) can do that, I'm not sure.

Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.

Skidude said:

tcpnomad said:

What I'd like to know is which questions you'd put to him — beyond the subjects he normally covers, or anything a Google search would already answer.
Fair enough-

Plenty of his videos have been on my screen, and I've gone through a lot of posts too.

Chances are only a handful of questions would break new ground.

Even so, we'd end up with a local thread to point at — one hub gathering every contentious subject. Questions like these resurface nearly every day.

And it would be a feature plenty of people could add to.

Whoever speaks for us would put forward whatever you and everyone else want asked. A suggested-questions thread could come first.

Sitting around with a guy like him over a beer, is there anything you'd want to ask?

That's the version I'd love to see.
It would be cool. My guess, though, is that he now rations his hours closely, weighing what each commitment returns for his business. Still, yeah — an AMA from him here would be cool.
A Wiki would be great. That's an awful lot of work, and it would take some serious coordination
 
Back
Top