Neurogroot said:
sfkid said:
Neurogroot said:
bk0004 said:
Neurogroot said:
I finally went ahead and placed a really big order. The standard panel, along with prostate markers, testosterone, igf-1, assorted nutrients, minerals and electrolytes… progesterone, prolactin, high sens CRP, 6 different thyroid tests, renal function…. There’s additional stuff too, but it’s slipped my mind. They filled a ton of vials and I still need to return in a few days for the remainder.
I’m wondering, if you ordered without going through a physician, did the person drawing your blood ask you anything strange? I almost get the sense she suspected I was up to something sketchy.
When I get blood drawn, the phlebotomists have sometimes remarked on the volume, though I suspect it's just small talk to pass the time.
I've never attempted to obtain labs without a doctor's order. Fortunately, my physician is excellent and will order nearly any test I request. For most of my asks, she figures there's no downside

.
Honestly, the lack of a doctor's order made things worse. What stings more is that I went in assuming a blood draw gives you one complete picture. They only collected about half the tubes and told me the rest would happen Monday. I stayed too quiet and never pushed back on my own behalf. Why split it up at all? Even at the high end that's 270 mL of blood, while donating is 500 mL. It seems to me I should either have everything drawn in one sitting or get a lower price for what was taken today. Am I out of line for thinking that? This is the first time I've gone through any of this with bloodwork.
In 2026, getting your labs done doesn't require a physician.
It's incredibly simple nowadays.
I'm not sure who you went with, but
www.goodlabs.com is extremely affordable and lets you fully customize everything, so I run them every 10 to 12 weeks.
Curious - I went through GoodLabs and had the draw done at Quest Diagnostic. A package arrived, extras included. I posted the itemised listing from my invoice. All in it ran $423 (self pay).
Hormone / Endocrine
• Thyroid Panel
• T4 (Thyroxine), Total
• T3 Total
• PSA Total+% Free
• Prolactin
• Progesterone, Total, LC/MS
• Men's Hormone Panel
• Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
• Estradiol
• Dihydrotestosterone
• Cortisol, Total, LC/MS
• ACTH, Plasma
Metabolic / Blood Sugar
• Insulin
• Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c)
• Fructosamine
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
• C-Peptide
Heart / Cardiovascular / Lipids
• Lipid Panel
• Homocysteine
• High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP)
• Apolipoprotein B
• Apolipoprotein A-1
Liver & Kidney Health
• Uric Acid
• Renal Function Panel
• Hepatic Function Panel
• Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (GGT)
Inflammation / Immune
• Sedimentation Rate-Westergren (ESR)
• Rheumatoid Factor
• Fibrinogen
Blood (Hematology)
• Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential/Platelet
Enzymes / Organ & Muscle Function
• Lactate Dehydrogenase (LD) (Tissue damage)
• Creatine Kinase (CK), Total (Muscle/Heart)
• Lipase (Pancreas)
• Amylase (Pancreas)
Nutritional / Minerals
• Transferrin (Iron transport)
• Selenium, Serum or Plasma
• Nutrient Panel