Which energy drink works best against GLP-related tiredness?

ChicagoFit

Explorer
Joined
Feb 5, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago, IL
Back when I was always in the gym and logging miles as a runner, those pre-workout Energy Drinks felt like pure gold! I treated them like something rare and used them only now and then, so my system wouldn't get used to that rush. I quit them. Now I'm considering getting back into energy drinks. C-4, Monster, Ghost... the list goes on and on! This time I'm not using them to squeeze out another rep or another mile, but simply to make it through a few hours at work without feeling so wiped out from the calorie deficit and Reta. Any advice?
 
The tiredness is genuine.

That said, first make sure your nutrition is optimal, and that sleep, stress control and physical activity are all solid.

After those are handled, look at whether your doses need adjusting. If that still doesn't help, load up on caffeine 😂

On a serious note, though, no supplement or caffeine will address the root problem.
 
Celsius powder packs were what got me through.....they were a lifesaver for me. I realize a few people turn to electrolytes when fatigue hits and that does the trick for them, or they focus on getting the right number of calories each day, but neither of those ever helped me. In time the tiredness did fade, yet during those first months energy drinks were basically my lifeline. The Alani Lime Slush....Red Bull White Peach Sugar Free, and I absolutely LOVE the Ghost Welchs Grape...
 
There are energy drinks out there that give a cleaner boost, without relying on heavy sugar/carb loads or huge caffeine doses. Sneak is a decent option — an energy BCAA powder drink that includes some energy-supporting ingredients. It won't hit like Monster does, but it's also far less unhealthy.
 
For much of my life, caffeine pills and energy drinks kept me going, so I get why people reach for them. On GLP-1s, though, I’ve found they backfire.

They can hide tiredness for a while, but the underlying problem remains, and on reta the crash hits harder. Caffeine also seemed to process differently in my body while on reta, and my sleep suffered more than it did before reta. My preference is to focus on food, fluids, electrolytes and sleep first. These days I rarely touch energy drinks, if ever. For fatigue, I’m currently taking MOTS-c and 5A1.
 
indolent said:

H2O!
I dropped in to second this. During grad school I picked up that for those crucial all-night paper writing marathons, water beat soda, energy drinks, and coffee by a mile when it came to fighting fatigue.

Naturally, I was a smoker too. Heavily 😂🤷
 
H2O, H2O, H2O. On days when I'm seriously wiped out, I keep tubes of zipfizz or liquid IV + Energy within reach, though nothing beats hydration plus getting up and moving.
 
What’s funny is that back when I followed keto, I barely ate any fruits or vegetables, but I had tons of energy and was dropping pounds. Now I’m paying a lot more attention to eating “balanced,” and the tiredness is pretty crappy.
 
BrightCandle said:

There are energy drinks out there that give a cleaner boost, without relying on heavy sugar/carb loads or huge caffeine doses. Sneak is a decent option — an energy BCAA powder drink that includes some energy-supporting ingredients. It won't hit like Monster does, but it's also far less unhealthy.
Can you only get it in the UK? Sneak is new to me - that's intriguing...
 
Slogger said:

BrightCandle said:

There are energy drinks out there that give a cleaner boost, without relying on heavy sugar/carb loads or huge caffeine doses. Sneak is a decent option — an energy BCAA powder drink that includes some energy-supporting ingredients. It won't hit like Monster does, but it's also far less unhealthy.
Can you only get it in the UK? Sneak is new to me - that's intriguing...
There's a link for the US/Canada, plus an EU one and a UK one, so my impression is that it's fairly international. https://us.sneakenergy.com/
 
BrightCandle said:

Slogger said:

BrightCandle said:

There are energy drinks out there that give a cleaner boost, without relying on heavy sugar/carb loads or huge caffeine doses. Sneak is a decent option — an energy BCAA powder drink that includes some energy-supporting ingredients. It won't hit like Monster does, but it's also far less unhealthy.
Can you only get it in the UK? Sneak is new to me - that's intriguing...
There's a link for the US/Canada, plus an EU one and a UK one, so my impression is that it's fairly international. https://us.sneakenergy.com/
Thanks a lot!!
 
I used to review energy drinks over on tiktok, and I'd rack up tons of free samples, which let me sample every kind of drink out there before those small upstart brands eventually went under. That said, I've now gone all in on the kirkland energy drinks. 24ct for $17 is simply too good a deal to ignore. Right now they only come in basic flavors, but not paying $2-$4 each at a gas station, and not needing to pounce on sales and buy like 4 cases just to get a decent price, makes it worthwhile. I'm fairly sure I've heard that if they sell well enough, they'll roll out other flavors too, so I want to see that happen
 
At the moment, I'm relying on Liquid IV or Gatorade Free until I see my DR next week. Another option was shared with me via a link—it contains 1,000mg sodium, similar to Liquid IV. Since my sodium levels have been low, I'm confident this will work out.
 
I picked up a tub of electrolyte powder, and mixing it with water has done way more for me than energy drinks did. Dealing with adrenal fatigue alongside dehydration is just meh
 
ChicagoFit said:

Back when I was always in the gym and logging miles as a runner, those pre-workout Energy Drinks felt like pure gold! I treated them like something rare and used them only now and then, so my system wouldn't get used to that rush. I quit them. Now I'm considering getting back into energy drinks. C-4, Monster, Ghost... the list goes on and on! This time I'm not using them to squeeze out another rep or another mile, but simply to make it through a few hours at work without feeling so wiped out from the calorie deficit and Reta. Any advice?
Running isn't really my thing, but a Mojito does the trick for me. 😆
 
Fatigue from GLPs isn't something I've really dealt with, though I won't speak for everyone. My guess is it usually comes down to cutting calories too aggressively, plus maybe not drinking enough, since both hunger and thirst signals get dulled.

Cagri though? That one hit me hard with tiredness.

As for what to try, C4 sells packets that cost way less than buying cans. Frozen bombsickle and cosmic rainbow are both great.
 
^^^On Reta, I've stopped experiencing that too. When I first began, it happened for a while, but every side effect I had has since disappeared.
 
Back
Top