Which dosage gives you the best results?

Chubsbegone98

Explorer
Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I'm wondering what amount everyone here has gotten the strongest outcomes from? Within my own group of friends, it seems like the impact varies wildly from person to person — even though we're around the same size and weight, not a single one of us is using the same dosage.

Right now I've gone from 197lbs down to 175lbs ~ I added diet plus hard cardio, but I only just moved up from 1mg to 1.5mg since things were still working well enough for me.

I haven't had any side effects, though that's likely due to keeping my dose on the lower end.

Some of the weekly amounts I've come across seem completely wild — how many of you are on more than 4mg?
 
Chubsbegone98 said:

I'm wondering what amount everyone here has gotten the strongest outcomes from? Within my own group of friends, it seems like the impact varies wildly from person to person — even though we're around the same size and weight, not a single one of us is using the same dosage.

Right now I've gone from 197lbs down to 175lbs ~ I added diet plus hard cardio, but I only just moved up from 1mg to 1.5mg since things were still working well enough for me.

I haven't had any side effects, though that's likely due to keeping my dose on the lower end.

Some of the weekly amounts I've come across seem completely wild — how many of you are on more than 4mg?
What dose are you currently taking?
 
CNCCurrency said:

Chubsbegone98 said:

I'm wondering what amount everyone here has gotten the strongest outcomes from? Within my own group of friends, it seems like the impact varies wildly from person to person — even though we're around the same size and weight, not a single one of us is using the same dosage.

Right now I've gone from 197lbs down to 175lbs ~ I added diet plus hard cardio, but I only just moved up from 1mg to 1.5mg since things were still working well enough for me.

I haven't had any side effects, though that's likely due to keeping my dose on the lower end.

Some of the weekly amounts I've come across seem completely wild — how many of you are on more than 4mg?
What dose are you currently taking?
I should have mentioned this in my earlier post — my apologies. I'm only using Reta 1.5mg at the moment, and my GHK is on its way; once it arrives, I'll begin taking it.
 
My starting dose was 2mg, and roughly 6 months on I'm up to 6. With 70lbs gone and my target reached, I've begun considering a taper downward — though if I'm being honest, it makes me pretty nervous.
 
Chubsbegone98 said:

CNCCurrency said:

Chubsbegone98 said:

I'm wondering what amount everyone here has gotten the strongest outcomes from? Within my own group of friends, it seems like the impact varies wildly from person to person — even though we're around the same size and weight, not a single one of us is using the same dosage.

Right now I've gone from 197lbs down to 175lbs ~ I added diet plus hard cardio, but I only just moved up from 1mg to 1.5mg since things were still working well enough for me.

I haven't had any side effects, though that's likely due to keeping my dose on the lower end.

Some of the weekly amounts I've come across seem completely wild — how many of you are on more than 4mg?
What dose are you currently taking?
I should have mentioned this in my earlier post — my apologies. I'm only using Reta 1.5mg at the moment, and my GHK is on its way; once it arrives, I'll begin taking it.
What are you aiming for, and are you male or female? With that out of the way: at 2mg every 4 weeks and 4mg every 4 weeks, I averaged 2.5lbs per week. Last Friday I did my second 6mg injection, and the scale didn't budge. That can happen. I'll see how it goes and decide my next step from there.
 
I'm now taking 4mg of reta weekly. That dose will hit its 3rd week for me on Wednesday. My starting point was 0.5mg on 1/5, and since then I've been dropping 1-2lbs each week. Exhaustion is still a big issue for me, and my appetite hasn't been too much of a problem, so I intend to remain at 4mg for the foreseeable future.
 
I wrapped up my first vial, having begun at 2mg. As of today, I’ve moved up to 4mg. So far I haven’t felt any changes, but time will tell. The 2mg didn’t bring any awful side effects for me, and that was my initial experience with a GLP
 
Last year I dropped roughly 60lb while on 2.5mg of tirz. I never had to increase the dose. After pausing for a stretch, I came across this gray market world and have lately restarted at 1.25mg every 7-8 days.

I treat peps as a tool, not like some others do. I prefer to space it out somewhat so my hunger returns, letting me use that signal to judge whether I am genuinely hungry in the few days following my dose, or if it is simply boredom or being stuck in my routine. To me, hunger is not the ultimate enemy, nor does it mean the medication has completely failed. At this low dose, my main purpose is more about managing my insulin than anything else. I did a cut and shed 25lbs early in the year without them, then shifted into a maintaining phase to take a break from cutting, but once I added the 1.25 I have unintentionally dropped another 5ish pounds purely from the blood sugar support.
 
How much excess weight you're carrying seems to be the biggest factor here — if the plan is to drop over 10 or 15% of your body weight, chances are you'll wind up needing larger doses at some point. To give a real answer, I'd at least need to know your age, your height, and what you're aiming for. You went from 197 down to 175, which puts you at 11% below where you started.

Reta stands out because at 1mg weekly it produced roughly 9% weight loss across a year, though how each person responds — both in terms of pounds lost and side effects — differs widely. From what you describe, 1mg pushed you past that 9% mark, and my guess is it happened in under a year, which suggests you're on the sensitive end and probably won't require much of an increase — unless your target is 160 or 125 lbs. Another big factor is how much hunger you had to fight to stay on your diet; if it took serious effort, then going higher makes more sense.
 
BNLFL said:

Chubsbegone98 said:

CNCCurrency said:

Chubsbegone98 said:

I'm wondering what amount everyone here has gotten the strongest outcomes from? Within my own group of friends, it seems like the impact varies wildly from person to person — even though we're around the same size and weight, not a single one of us is using the same dosage.

Right now I've gone from 197lbs down to 175lbs ~ I added diet plus hard cardio, but I only just moved up from 1mg to 1.5mg since things were still working well enough for me.

I haven't had any side effects, though that's likely due to keeping my dose on the lower end.

Some of the weekly amounts I've come across seem completely wild — how many of you are on more than 4mg?
What dose are you currently taking?
I should have mentioned this in my earlier post — my apologies. I'm only using Reta 1.5mg at the moment, and my GHK is on its way; once it arrives, I'll begin taking it.
What are you aiming for, and are you male or female? With that out of the way: at 2mg every 4 weeks and 4mg every 4 weeks, I averaged 2.5lbs per week. Last Friday I did my second 6mg injection, and the scale didn't budge. That can happen. I'll see how it goes and decide my next step from there.
Stepped on the scale once more today, and compared to Friday I'm 2.5lbs lighter with a .5% BF drop. I'm fairly convinced that was just water weight, since I was doing Liquid IVs (500mg sodium) to raise my sodium. That also pushed my BP higher. Last night I pissed like crazy in the evening, then got up 5 times to pee overnight. This morning it's back to normal.
 
Before I found this site and started doing my own research, a friend of mine had been using Triz and dropped a lot of weight across a year. The price, around £350 per month, pushed me to speak with someone at my gym, who put me onto Reta. It came in a pen labelled at 2.5mg per week. That became my first dose, with guidance to move up to 4mg after 5 weeks, which I followed. It brought some nasty side effects with it, plenty of gas from both ends. One end had a strong metallic taste, the other meant repeated trips to the toilet.

It silenced my food noise and I've dropped roughly 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Had I done the research instead of simply following the instructions, I would have begun at 0.5/1mg per week and titrated from there, but I'm here now and will remain at 4mg since it's working and I'm losing about 2 pounds per week. Once I reach my goal loss (another 12 pounds), I'll test which dose holds maintenance. My takeaway, I guess, is to begin low, find a weekly loss that fits your goal, and go from there. There will always be some ups and downs, some stalls, but for me this peptide isn't only about weight loss. It gives me focus, a better mood and improved sleep. I can't find anything negative to say about it 🙂
 
I've been on it for 12 weeks now, with the past 4 spent at 2mg, and my weight has plateaued—it's been fluctuating up and down over the recent weeks. My diet and gym routine haven't changed.

What I'm hoping to get from this group: what's the rationale for increasing my dose? I'm already having trouble eating enough, yet I still want to shed at least another 20-30lbs, and my focus is on fat loss specifically—not merely a scale number....

Just to be clear—240 to 218 over 12 weeks (really pleased with that), body fat went from 31% to 23.5% on the trendline (not dexa), so I know progress is happening, but the past 3-4 weeks have been mentally tough with the scale. And I don't want to titrate up simply for the sake of increasing it...
 
WYSiWYG said:

I've been on it for 12 weeks now, with the past 4 spent at 2mg, and my weight has plateaued—it's been fluctuating up and down over the recent weeks. My diet and gym routine haven't changed.

What I'm hoping to get from this group: what's the rationale for increasing my dose? I'm already having trouble eating enough, yet I still want to shed at least another 20-30lbs, and my focus is on fat loss specifically—not merely a scale number....

Just to be clear—240 to 218 over 12 weeks (really pleased with that), body fat went from 31% to 23.5% on the trendline (not dexa), so I know progress is happening, but the past 3-4 weeks have been mentally tough with the scale. And I don't want to titrate up simply for the sake of increasing it...
At the 12-week mark, what you're probably seeing is a shift in fluid balance rather than a true halt in fat loss — that is, if your calorie intake has stayed the same and, as you mentioned, eating is a struggle. Early on, people typically drop 5 - 15 lbs of fluid, and that eventually levels off somewhat; this is most likely the phase you're in.

If your calories are already low enough to keep weight coming off and you're not dealing with hunger, bumping up the dose isn't necessary. Down the road, a small increase might become appropriate. Still, in the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year, and 2mg presumably does somewhat better — yet individual responses vary so widely that it's difficult to predict how any single person will fare. Since your goal is closer to 20-25% loss, you'll likely need to go beyond 2mg.

For severe obesity, metabolic syndrome, and high cardiovascular risk, I'd say larger or maximum doses make sense. But if none of those apply, reta at relatively low doses might work especially well for obesity that is less severe.
 
10 weeks in, and 2 mg has me in a good place — body fat percentage keeps dropping. In a week or two I'm planning to move up to 2.5 mg. The catch: each dose bump wrecks my sleep, and I'm up at 4 or 5 am. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
 
Omxxl said:

10 weeks in, and 2 mg has me in a good place — body fat percentage keeps dropping. In a week or two I'm planning to move up to 2.5 mg. The catch: each dose bump wrecks my sleep, and I'm up at 4 or 5 am. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
Oh yeah, that classic involuntary early-morning wake-up call. What's your experience when you come to? Personally, I'd snap upright — there was zero slow eyelid-opening or fuzzy coming-to. I'd just be conscious, usually close to 3:30am on most days. Once I began eating a yogurt cup right before turning in, the problem cleared up completely. These days I sleep right through until morning.
 
Pinngo said:

Omxxl said:

10 weeks in, and 2 mg has me in a good place — body fat percentage keeps dropping. In a week or two I'm planning to move up to 2.5 mg. The catch: each dose bump wrecks my sleep, and I'm up at 4 or 5 am. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
Oh yeah, that classic involuntary early-morning wake-up call. What's your experience when you come to? Personally, I'd snap upright — there was zero slow eyelid-opening or fuzzy coming-to. I'd just be conscious, usually close to 3:30am on most days. Once I began eating a yogurt cup right before turning in, the problem cleared up completely. These days I sleep right through until morning.
My eyes open abruptly, and I'm full of energy right away. Even though I've only gotten 5-6 hours of sleep, I can feel the consequences all day long.
 
lessthanhalf said:

WYSiWYG said:

I've been on it for 12 weeks now, with the past 4 spent at 2mg, and my weight has plateaued—it's been fluctuating up and down over the recent weeks. My diet and gym routine haven't changed.

What I'm hoping to get from this group: what's the rationale for increasing my dose? I'm already having trouble eating enough, yet I still want to shed at least another 20-30lbs, and my focus is on fat loss specifically—not merely a scale number....

Just to be clear—240 to 218 over 12 weeks (really pleased with that), body fat went from 31% to 23.5% on the trendline (not dexa), so I know progress is happening, but the past 3-4 weeks have been mentally tough with the scale. And I don't want to titrate up simply for the sake of increasing it...
At the 12-week mark, what you're probably seeing is a shift in fluid balance rather than a true halt in fat loss — that is, if your calorie intake has stayed the same and, as you mentioned, eating is a struggle. Early on, people typically drop 5 - 15 lbs of fluid, and that eventually levels off somewhat; this is most likely the phase you're in.

If your calories are already low enough to keep weight coming off and you're not dealing with hunger, bumping up the dose isn't necessary. Down the road, a small increase might become appropriate. Still, in the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year, and 2mg presumably does somewhat better — yet individual responses vary so widely that it's difficult to predict how any single person will fare. Since your goal is closer to 20-25% loss, you'll likely need to go beyond 2mg.

For severe obesity, metabolic syndrome, and high cardiovascular risk, I'd say larger or maximum doses make sense. But if none of those apply, reta at relatively low doses might work especially well for obesity that is less severe.
Appreciate it, that's a helpful perspective. After reading another thread and doing some digging, it seems pretty likely that a small increase is in order for me — several indicators suggest I've adapted. The main one being that my RHR has leveled off, which tells me I'm not getting everything I could out of the retatrutide (since "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")" doesn't actually exist).

When I say eating is a struggle, what I mean is that I have to consciously make myself eat — otherwise I suddenly realize it's bedtime and I've had maybe 1Kcal all day. Once I caught on to that, I started deliberately aiming for a set target each day — and even though some days it feels like a second (or maybe third) job, my energy has improved overall because of it. I did see a slight dip around then, but I keep bouncing around in this 3-4 lb window, fluctuating from week to week.

Chasing the maximum dose isn't my goal. What I'm after is finding the highest dose that actually works for ME. Reta has been a total game changer and I want to get the most from it without going overboard.
 
Omxxl said:

Pinngo said:

Omxxl said:

10 weeks in, and 2 mg has me in a good place — body fat percentage keeps dropping. In a week or two I'm planning to move up to 2.5 mg. The catch: each dose bump wrecks my sleep, and I'm up at 4 or 5 am. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
Oh yeah, that classic involuntary early-morning wake-up call. What's your experience when you come to? Personally, I'd snap upright — there was zero slow eyelid-opening or fuzzy coming-to. I'd just be conscious, usually close to 3:30am on most days. Once I began eating a yogurt cup right before turning in, the problem cleared up completely. These days I sleep right through until morning.
My eyes open abruptly, and I'm full of energy right away. Even though I've only gotten 5-6 hours of sleep, I can feel the consequences all day long.
That's curious - my situation is reversed: falling asleep takes me ages. Once I'm out, though, I have zero desire to get out of bed!! I used to be the one who woke up earliest at home - that's not happening anymore
 
Omxxl said:

10 weeks in, and 2 mg has me in a good place — body fat percentage keeps dropping. In a week or two I'm planning to move up to 2.5 mg. The catch: each dose bump wrecks my sleep, and I'm up at 4 or 5 am. Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
For the last 5 days, I've been getting up at 4. Around 3:30 I'll wake to urinate, then I simply can't fall back asleep, so I get out of bed. Being retired, it doesn't matter much. The recent time change has also thrown me off badly. Last night, however, I slept well and woke at 5:45, which falls within my usual window of 5:30-6:30. My dose went up to 6mg 2 weeks ago, but ever since I began Reta, that hasn't caused any problems.
 
Back
Top