Lovedog100
Explorer
wulf00777, At my gym there's an InBody scan that I can use free of charge 1 time per month, and it comes with a printout. A gym buddy and I both get it done on the same day each month. Once I'm back home with the fresh printout, my wife takes measurements of my neck, chest, waist, arms, and thighs, and writes them down on the reverse side of that printout. Having this monthly check gives me a solid benchmark for how I'm doing. Whether the readout is perfectly accurate doesn't really matter to me. It keeps my motivation up and confirms I'm still headed in the right direction.
To me, it's very similar to investing in the stock market. There are people who look at their investments daily, or even multiple times a day. That approach is too stressful for me, and it doesn't actually tell you much. Looking once a month generally leaves me feeling proud and accomplished. My stocks are up 10-11 months out of 12. Why worry about the small stuff when they dip for a day or two.
If the device you purchase does the job for you and meets your needs, then other people's opinions don't matter. Ultimately, you're the one who needs to be satisfied with what you bought.
To me, it's very similar to investing in the stock market. There are people who look at their investments daily, or even multiple times a day. That approach is too stressful for me, and it doesn't actually tell you much. Looking once a month generally leaves me feeling proud and accomplished. My stocks are up 10-11 months out of 12. Why worry about the small stuff when they dip for a day or two.
If the device you purchase does the job for you and meets your needs, then other people's opinions don't matter. Ultimately, you're the one who needs to be satisfied with what you bought.