Where to Get Sterile Vials in Europe That Are Actually Legit

hoobz

Explorer
Joined
Apr 3, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Poland
Since Hospira is difficult to source within the EU, I've been thinking about brewing my own BAC water. I managed to locate a decent supplier for WFI and Benzyl alcohol, but every sterile vial I come across either seems sketchy or comes with poor feedback.

Obviously, if the vials aren't sterile, then there's no point in making my own BAC water at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Or could I just sterilize vials on my own using steam, boiling water, or an oven?
 
I was advised here to get 'Aqua sterop 100ml', then mix in 1ml of benzyl alcohol directly into the glass bottle, and it can last several months provided you maintain very sterile handling. That way, no additional sterile vials are needed. I picked it up from a Dutch medical supply webshop, paying roughly €2-3 per bottle.

A separate suggestion was to purchase 'Ampuwa 10x50ml' glass bottles per box. As far as I know, it can be found in Germany, though I haven't ordered it myself yet.
 
For sterile vials, I go with the Biomed/KS-Tec ones. I even took a bit of a risk and shipped Jano a sample inside a couple of those vials; despite having been filled by me (professionally, naturally 😉), nothing about sterility or endotoxins came back as a problem.

That said, as @RaveBaddie points out, there's no real need to transfer your homemade BAC into smaller vials. Simply buy a 100ml bottle of sterile water for injections (Aqua Sterop or Braun), which is already sterile, then mix in the benzyl alcohol and it's ready. Sure, you may end up with more BAC than you need, but the cost is so low that throwing away 75% still leaves you ahead.
 
DrPEPr said:

For sterile vials, I go with the Biomed/KS-Tec ones. I even took a bit of a risk and shipped Jano a sample inside a couple of those vials; despite having been filled by me (professionally, naturally 😉), nothing about sterility or endotoxins came back as a problem.

That said, as @RaveBaddie points out, there's no real need to transfer your homemade BAC into smaller vials. Simply buy a 100ml bottle of sterile water for injections (Aqua Sterop or Braun), which is already sterile, then mix in the benzyl alcohol and it's ready. Sure, you may end up with more BAC than you need, but the cost is so low that throwing away 75% still leaves you ahead.
Appreciate it, I'll probably go ahead with that! One thing I want to clarify though: does sterile water for injections typically come in a container sealed with a rubber self-healing stopper? If not, every time you open it, air contamination would become an issue.
 
hoobz said:

DrPEPr said:

For sterile vials, I go with the Biomed/KS-Tec ones. I even took a bit of a risk and shipped Jano a sample inside a couple of those vials; despite having been filled by me (professionally, naturally 😉), nothing about sterility or endotoxins came back as a problem.

That said, as @RaveBaddie points out, there's no real need to transfer your homemade BAC into smaller vials. Simply buy a 100ml bottle of sterile water for injections (Aqua Sterop or Braun), which is already sterile, then mix in the benzyl alcohol and it's ready. Sure, you may end up with more BAC than you need, but the cost is so low that throwing away 75% still leaves you ahead.
Appreciate it, I'll probably go ahead with that! One thing I want to clarify though: does sterile water for injections typically come in a container sealed with a rubber self-healing stopper? If not, every time you open it, air contamination would become an issue.

You've got it right.





Image unavailable

Image unavailable

Image unavailable
 
DrPEPr said:

For sterile vials, I go with the Biomed/KS-Tec ones. I even took a bit of a risk and shipped Jano a sample inside a couple of those vials; despite having been filled by me (professionally, naturally 😉), nothing about sterility or endotoxins came back as a problem.

That said, as @RaveBaddie points out, there's no real need to transfer your homemade BAC into smaller vials. Simply buy a 100ml bottle of sterile water for injections (Aqua Sterop or Braun), which is already sterile, then mix in the benzyl alcohol and it's ready. Sure, you may end up with more BAC than you need, but the cost is so low that throwing away 75% still leaves you ahead.
You're referring to the fact that roughly 75% gets tossed since it's supposed to be discarded after about 28 days, right? Have I got that correct?
 
Yokerr said:

DrPEPr said:

For sterile vials, I go with the Biomed/KS-Tec ones. I even took a bit of a risk and shipped Jano a sample inside a couple of those vials; despite having been filled by me (professionally, naturally 😉), nothing about sterility or endotoxins came back as a problem.

That said, as @RaveBaddie points out, there's no real need to transfer your homemade BAC into smaller vials. Simply buy a 100ml bottle of sterile water for injections (Aqua Sterop or Braun), which is already sterile, then mix in the benzyl alcohol and it's ready. Sure, you may end up with more BAC than you need, but the cost is so low that throwing away 75% still leaves you ahead.
You're referring to the fact that roughly 75% gets tossed since it's supposed to be discarded after about 28 days, right? Have I got that correct?
Correct.

Once 28 days pass, I toss the bac. It costs so little that it doesn't bother me.

Obviously, I'm not really throwing away 75%.

I mix up 100ml of bac (comes to roughly €2,50 in total) and set aside just 20ml for my own use. On top of that, I hand out 4 lots of 20ml to friends every month. So usually, very little ends up being thrown out.

Even in a worst case where 75-80% had to go, that's only about €2 down the drain.
 
Got it, appreciate that, useful info, I'll give it a shot once I'm back in Belgium. My hospira supply is nearly gone, thanks a lot
 
For my own use, I stick exclusively with the ALK ones.

ThermoFisher sells these same vials under their own label.

They're top-tier vials.




Sealed Clear Sterile Serum Vials



Pick up ALK sterile clear serum vials. 2mL and 10mL sterile vials processed in the USA

Image unavailable


voigtglobal.com
 
Lyophilized said:

For my own use, I stick exclusively with the ALK ones.

ThermoFisher sells these same vials under their own label.

They're top-tier vials.




Sealed Clear Sterile Serum Vials



Pick up ALK sterile clear serum vials. 2mL and 10mL sterile vials processed in the USA

Image unavailable


voigtglobal.com
The cost is a concern... $50 for 25x5ml is reasonable, but then there's $25 for shipping on top...
 
DrPEPr said:

Lyophilized said:

For my own use, I stick exclusively with the ALK ones.

ThermoFisher sells these same vials under their own label.

They're top-tier vials.




Sealed Clear Sterile Serum Vials



Pick up ALK sterile clear serum vials. 2mL and 10mL sterile vials processed in the USA

Image unavailable


voigtglobal.com
The cost is a concern... $50 for 25x5ml is reasonable, but then there's $25 for shipping on top...
I looked up what it would cost to ship to my country, and FedEx quoted 160 USD 🤪
 
195 before tax, shipped to Belgium. Christ.

I've dug through countless EU-based sites looking for sterile vials and lab supplies, and finding a reliable source is genuinely a pain.

AliExpress remains the top choice we've got 🙁
 
hoobz said:

DrPEPr said:

Lyophilized said:

For my own use, I stick exclusively with the ALK ones.

ThermoFisher sells these same vials under their own label.

They're top-tier vials.




Sealed Clear Sterile Serum Vials



Pick up ALK sterile clear serum vials. 2mL and 10mL sterile vials processed in the USA

Image unavailable


voigtglobal.com
The cost is a concern... $50 for 25x5ml is reasonable, but then there's $25 for shipping on top...
I looked up what it would cost to ship to my country, and FedEx quoted 160 USD 🤪
Yeah.. Complete rip-off....

Still, have a look around Europe to see whether any shop stocks ALK

What I mainly wanted to do was tell people which empty sterile vial brand is genuinely trustworthy

Where I work, I can get hold of them, and the tricky part is often locating a brand you can count on.

Apologies everyone that the shipping costs are so awful..
 
Back
Top