Where to Buy B12 Injections?

Crumplestiltskin

Explorer
Joined
Dec 1, 2025
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Pavlovia
For several years I've relied on b12 ampoules—either hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin—as essential support for chronic conditions. Every European pharmacy I used to order from has halted US shipments due to tariffs and customs problems. I'm searching for a new supplier and thought I'd ask in this community.
 
When it comes to pharma-grade B-12, South Korean product is probably the most reliable option. It beats compounded versions made in the US, and it's more dependable than the smaller Indian pharma outfits that export B-12 — especially regarding sterility and endotoxins.

There's a small Indian firm called Ocean Pharmaceutical that's gaining attention because it tests well for BAC, sterility and endos included. That means their B12 might be acceptable on the sterility front. They do offer cyanocobalamin ampules, at minimum. Still, those tests would need to be run again, and no B12 testing is happening at all. Given that, I'd personally feel better about a Korean source.

That said, research indicates oral supplements can match B12 injections over the long term. Injections tend to be reserved for acute or severe situations. In the US at least, requesting B12 bloodwork is something most doctors will agree to.
 
Calm Logic said:

When it comes to pharma-grade B-12, South Korean product is probably the most reliable option. It beats compounded versions made in the US, and it's more dependable than the smaller Indian pharma outfits that export B-12 — especially regarding sterility and endotoxins.

There's a small Indian firm called Ocean Pharmaceutical that's gaining attention because it tests well for BAC, sterility and endos included. That means their B12 might be acceptable on the sterility front. They do offer cyanocobalamin ampules, at minimum. Still, those tests would need to be run again, and no B12 testing is happening at all. Given that, I'd personally feel better about a Korean source.

That said, research indicates oral supplements can match B12 injections over the long term. Injections tend to be reserved for acute or severe situations. In the US at least, requesting B12 bloodwork is something most doctors will agree to.
Any suggestions?
 
Ordered a batch from Soma Chems not long ago. Whether it matches what was mentioned above, I genuinely cannot say.
 
If cyanocobalamin works for your situation, here's an idea some might find debatable: Durvet Maxi-B 1000.

The downside: it's formulated for livestock. Still, the Amazon reviews show humans are the main users, with a few even doing so on a doctor's advice. The price is low. I've personally been on it for more than 1 month.
 
FartfulCodger said:

If cyanocobalamin works for your situation, here's an idea some might find debatable: Durvet Maxi-B 1000.

The downside: it's formulated for livestock. Still, the Amazon reviews show humans are the main users, with a few even doing so on a doctor's advice. The price is low. I've personally been on it for more than 1 month.
There's another angle worth considering: simply having a physician write a prescription for B12 vials. With GoodRx, those are extremely inexpensive — around $1 apiece for single-dose vials, provided you purchase a minimum of six.

In the past I received B12 injections at a doctor's office, but sitting around for 30 minutes just for a quick jab wasn't appealing to me. On top of that, they didn't appear to do much good, given that my B12 levels were already at least in the high-normal range.
 
Calm Logic said:

When it comes to pharma-grade B-12, South Korean product is probably the most reliable option. It beats compounded versions made in the US, and it's more dependable than the smaller Indian pharma outfits that export B-12 — especially regarding sterility and endotoxins.

There's a small Indian firm called Ocean Pharmaceutical that's gaining attention because it tests well for BAC, sterility and endos included. That means their B12 might be acceptable on the sterility front. They do offer cyanocobalamin ampules, at minimum. Still, those tests would need to be run again, and no B12 testing is happening at all. Given that, I'd personally feel better about a Korean source.

That said, research indicates oral supplements can match B12 injections over the long term. Injections tend to be reserved for acute or severe situations. In the US at least, requesting B12 bloodwork is something most doctors will agree to.
I'm going to try the oral supplements, no question. My B12 requirements are quite high, which is why the injections have worked so well and so quickly for me. That said, if a supplement turns out to have sufficient bioavailability, I'll switch to that.
 
Oxford Biosciences UK sells methylcobalamin at a quite fair rate (32 BP for a 40mg vial). Usually I pay roughly $130-40 for three vials with shipping included, and that supply lasts me more than a year.
 
Back
Top