When Your Partner Backs Your Health Goals—Up to a Point

MTSpace said:

rkbleddyn said:

'Has anyone dealt with this? '

Every married guy in history, all over the world, has been through it 😂 Sorry, man, I get it.

Just my 2 cents — I'm not an expert, and neither is anybody who claims to be. If someone says they are, take off running, because that's a lie!

Still, after 16+ years of marriage and plenty of almost identical moments, I think I've picked up a thing or two. Trying to argue your way through this won't work, so don't bother. And don't dwell on it either. You do you, and let her do her.

When I began a low carb diet, my wife was really unhappy about it, since carbs are her thing. She's at her ideal weight too (a bit too thin, in my opinion), and she's cheating, you know, because for YEARS she's been on the very lowest .25mg dose of Ozempic! If I bring that last part up, she gets furious, so I keep quiet!

So she tells me 'You don't like my food, you don't love me'. There's no sensible answer to that. So I don't take the bait.

My wife also uses BPC-157, GHK cu, and when I start KPV, she'll likely add it too.

Bottom line, I'm not chasing her approval for how I live, and I don't tell her what to do. I figure that's the only defense you've got, bro. Sorry ladies, but you know I ain't lyin!
Thank you — "only every man who has ever been married to a woman..." — I burst out laughing while surrounded by other people when I came across that.

It sounds as though your wife has at least some enthusiasm for biohacking. Mine couldn't care less, so that is one topic I will not be bringing up.

When it comes to skin or hair, my wife is all in. Digging into the science behind something, or hearing why she ought to use it—that's not her thing. So my approach is simply to say: here's what this is, and here's what the anecdotal evidence suggests it could do. These days she's also a believer in BPC-157, since she still deals with gastric problems from her Ozempic even at a very low dose after years on it, and she reports it's helping.

That's the reason I brought it up—to make the point that you can share this with your partner, but pushing, preaching, or arguing will backfire and leave you with the opposite of what you wanted, no matter how good your intentions were. Figuring that out cost me a long time and a lot of hard lessons.

And now, if she catches me loading a syringe earlier in the day for my GHK cu, she'll ask, 'hey, where's my blue shot?'
 
My wife also takes Reta, and we're on the same dose. For me it seems to have a stronger effect than it does for her. I'm constantly feeling full, though I can still manage to eat small amounts. She's also not eating nearly as much as before. The two of us are on the same page about our eating habits. We'd both enjoy going out for steaks at a nice restaurant, but we realize it would just go to waste. We still meet up for lunch every Wednesday at a spot nearby for 6 or 10 wings. We also frequently go out for a couple of drinks with friends, but I usually stick to just 2 beers. These days, she says I'm shedding too much weight. I then point out the belly and side fat that won't budge. I'm nearly there—about 10 more stubborn pounds to go—and after that I'll work out a maintenance dose. Since we're both retired, we're together a lot, but having worked side by side for 22 years, it's really no issue.

Perhaps you could give in just a bit. Wishing you the best.
 
5byfive said:

Right now, staying on my plan is something I find genuinely hard to step away from, even for a single day. That said, it doesn’t stop us from eating at restaurants or grabbing something like ice cream. If I know an outing is coming, I build the rest of my day’s calories around it. I’ll lower my intake earlier on so that the outing doesn’t throw me off my plan. You can still go out and have the foods you enjoyed before, usually in smaller amounts, and stay on track.
That's exactly how I feel! My husband and I once shed pounds by eating just 1 meal a day, so whenever I eat a big lunch, I simply skip all other meals for that day! At night I enjoy a yogurt protein drink—it supplies protein and makes it easier to fall asleep.
 
Back
Top