When Your Partner Backs Your Health Goals—Up to a Point

MTSpace

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, FL
How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
 
MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.

my situation with my wife is kind of the same, though we make it work. we're both pretty active, but when it comes to food I'm all about clean eating, she enjoys alcohol, I quit drinking 1 year ago, I began using steroids and peptides, and she loves heavy greasy meat... neither of us criticizes the other. as long as we're healthy and acting like responsible adults, we accept each other's decisions.

Best advice: my suggestion is to start by looking at yourself. hear her out, truly hear the exact words she uses, not the version you assume she means. make sure you aren't behaving toward her in a different way or accidentally sending negative messages ("I don't want fries, they aren't good for you", "I don't get why people drink so much"), you have the power to change your own habits, not hers, so turn your attention to yourself first.

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
There's a dynamic at play that you either haven't noticed or aren't discussing...a lot of things here don't add up given what you said.... how do your new eating habits even impact her? Are you pushing them on her? Is it strange for the two of you to each order your own meals at restaurants? Why not join her for drinks and get soda water? why not let her get french fries while you get the veggies?

Something about this story is missing, and that's what's driving this dynamic.
 
MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
Allow her to leave, and we will be roommates...
 
Have you thought about bringing her into it through small, low-pressure activities? For instance, going for walks as a pair. And when you say you only eat a few fries, why not suggest splitting a healthier dish? The trick is not to frame it as the better choice, but as a fresh or different thing the two of you can sample side by side.

I remember when my wife was expecting years back. She clearly couldn't have alcohol, and I'd feel guilty if we were out and I ordered a drink. So we talked it over and landed on seeing it as having a built-in designated driver. A lot of the time, just changing how you look at it is enough.
 
You don’t have to give them up completely — just make them less frequent. Plan a cheat day and enjoy a margarita, or request a non-alcoholic version of her drink. On days you know you’ll be eating out, go lighter earlier so you’re hungrier later. You could also pick a salad instead of a burger with fries. Another trick I used: ask for a takeout container when ordering, and immediately halve the burger so the rest becomes tomorrow’s lunch. Sure, you don’t want restaurant or takeout meals 4 or 5 times a week, but if that’s your reality (which makes sense when both adults work), choose the chicken sandwich rather than the loaded cheese steak, and take 1 slice of pizza instead of 2 or 3. You can still join in everything — just not to the same degree. I doubt your wife enjoyed watching you overeat. What brings her pleasure is seeing you have a good time with whatever you’re eating, and even more so, the company. Talking about what you can and can’t have while you’re out together brings the mood down. But if you simply order what you feel like — even if it’s only a salad — and eat it happily while keeping the conversation going, I doubt her fun would be any less.
 
'Has anyone dealt with this? '

Every married guy in history, all over the world, has been through it 😂 Sorry, man, I get it.

Just my 2 cents — I'm not an expert, and neither is anybody who claims to be. If someone says they are, take off running, because that's a lie!

Still, after 16+ years of marriage and plenty of almost identical moments, I think I've picked up a thing or two. Trying to argue your way through this won't work, so don't bother. And don't dwell on it either. You do you, and let her do her.

When I began a low carb diet, my wife was really unhappy about it, since carbs are her thing. She's at her ideal weight too (a bit too thin, in my opinion), and she's cheating, you know, because for YEARS she's been on the very lowest .25mg dose of Ozempic! If I bring that last part up, she gets furious, so I keep quiet!

So she tells me 'You don't like my food, you don't love me'. There's no sensible answer to that. So I don't take the bait.

My wife also uses BPC-157, GHK cu, and when I start KPV, she'll likely add it too.

Bottom line, I'm not chasing her approval for how I live, and I don't tell her what to do. I figure that's the only defense you've got, bro. Sorry ladies, but you know I ain't lyin!
 
From where I sit, it seems like you two built a connection around those pastimes. So now she's hurting because the shared rituals that once tied you together have faded. Maybe you could look for fresh shared interests to build with her, so she doesn't feel like her other half is slipping away as the old ones disappear. The tricky part is that she's making it clear she still wants those original pastimes. That means you'd need to hunt for an activity the two of you can share that gets her more fired up than the old ones did. Also, I'm a blue collar laborer, not a counselor, and I'm divorced. So take my advice with a few grains of salt.......maybe a lime wedge too. Fwiw, I hope it helps and you two are able to work it out.
 
MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
I persuaded my SO to begin Reta as well, beginning at a low dose and increasing gradually, but I'm hoping he'll also drop his leftover bad habits. Best of luck!
 
Right now, staying on my plan is something I find genuinely hard to step away from, even for a single day. That said, it doesn’t stop us from eating at restaurants or grabbing something like ice cream. If I know an outing is coming, I build the rest of my day’s calories around it. I’ll lower my intake earlier on so that the outing doesn’t throw me off my plan. You can still go out and have the foods you enjoyed before, usually in smaller amounts, and stay on track.
 
wildweasel said:

MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.

my situation with my wife is kind of the same, though we make it work. we're both pretty active, but when it comes to food I'm all about clean eating, she enjoys alcohol, I quit drinking 1 year ago, I began using steroids and peptides, and she loves heavy greasy meat... neither of us criticizes the other. as long as we're healthy and acting like responsible adults, we accept each other's decisions.

Best advice: my suggestion is to start by looking at yourself. hear her out, truly hear the exact words she uses, not the version you assume she means. make sure you aren't behaving toward her in a different way or accidentally sending negative messages ("I don't want fries, they aren't good for you", "I don't get why people drink so much"), you have the power to change your own habits, not hers, so turn your attention to yourself first.

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
There's a dynamic at play that you either haven't noticed or aren't discussing...a lot of things here don't add up given what you said.... how do your new eating habits even impact her? Are you pushing them on her? Is it strange for the two of you to each order your own meals at restaurants? Why not join her for drinks and get soda water? why not let her get french fries while you get the veggies?

Something about this story is missing, and that's what's driving this dynamic.

That is a helpful way to turn the focus inward. Perhaps I have been concentrating too much on outside factors.

There could be something else going on here that I have not identified. My guess is that we will find our rhythm with time, but I would like to lighten the burden on her, and honestly, that would make these changes less difficult for me too.

At restaurants, my usual order is a salad plus a lean protein, I almost never add dressing, and I have water with lemon or lime. Carbs have always been something she enjoys, and I suspect one part of the shift for her is that sharing food the way we once did is gone. Before, I would finish my own plate and then eat about half of hers as well. It was simply how we did things together.

Wine fits the same pattern. Several times a week, we would head out and have a few glasses. I am now close to 3 years sober, and that has been a major adjustment for both of us. If she wants a glass of wine, I will still join her, but I have figured out that sitting in our familiar spots for 2 hours with only water leaves me vulnerable to temptation. I have slipped before, so staying aware of that matters.

What you said about not behaving differently toward her or treating her any differently is something I take seriously. I do not think I do that, but I am going to take some time to examine it and confirm I am not unconsciously putting something onto her without noticing.

I appreciate the perspective. It has given me something to consider.
 
jsc1980 said:

Have you thought about bringing her into it through small, low-pressure activities? For instance, going for walks as a pair. And when you say you only eat a few fries, why not suggest splitting a healthier dish? The trick is not to frame it as the better choice, but as a fresh or different thing the two of you can sample side by side.

I remember when my wife was expecting years back. She clearly couldn't have alcohol, and I'd feel guilty if we were out and I ordered a drink. So we talked it over and landed on seeing it as having a built-in designated driver. A lot of the time, just changing how you look at it is enough.

Sure, we're best friends and our relationship is wonderful, but this adjustment has turned out to be a bigger deal than I expected. Given my health conditions, making these lifestyle changes is essential if I want to improve and keep up my quality of life.

I truly value the idea of seeing myself as the “guaranteed designated driver.” That's a positive way to reframe things that hadn't crossed my mind, and going forward I will definitely make use of it.
 
CJsMom said:

You don’t have to give them up completely — just make them less frequent. Plan a cheat day and enjoy a margarita, or request a non-alcoholic version of her drink. On days you know you’ll be eating out, go lighter earlier so you’re hungrier later. You could also pick a salad instead of a burger with fries. Another trick I used: ask for a takeout container when ordering, and immediately halve the burger so the rest becomes tomorrow’s lunch. Sure, you don’t want restaurant or takeout meals 4 or 5 times a week, but if that’s your reality (which makes sense when both adults work), choose the chicken sandwich rather than the loaded cheese steak, and take 1 slice of pizza instead of 2 or 3. You can still join in everything — just not to the same degree. I doubt your wife enjoyed watching you overeat. What brings her pleasure is seeing you have a good time with whatever you’re eating, and even more so, the company. Talking about what you can and can’t have while you’re out together brings the mood down. But if you simply order what you feel like — even if it’s only a salad — and eat it happily while keeping the conversation going, I doubt her fun would be any less.
I have a touch of OCD, which in my own locked-up head means nothing feels right unless everything is exactly as it ought to be. I do see what you mean about her enjoyment coming from seeing me have a good time. I tend to be a little tightly wound. 🙂
 
rkbleddyn said:

'Has anyone dealt with this? '

Every married guy in history, all over the world, has been through it 😂 Sorry, man, I get it.

Just my 2 cents — I'm not an expert, and neither is anybody who claims to be. If someone says they are, take off running, because that's a lie!

Still, after 16+ years of marriage and plenty of almost identical moments, I think I've picked up a thing or two. Trying to argue your way through this won't work, so don't bother. And don't dwell on it either. You do you, and let her do her.

When I began a low carb diet, my wife was really unhappy about it, since carbs are her thing. She's at her ideal weight too (a bit too thin, in my opinion), and she's cheating, you know, because for YEARS she's been on the very lowest .25mg dose of Ozempic! If I bring that last part up, she gets furious, so I keep quiet!

So she tells me 'You don't like my food, you don't love me'. There's no sensible answer to that. So I don't take the bait.

My wife also uses BPC-157, GHK cu, and when I start KPV, she'll likely add it too.

Bottom line, I'm not chasing her approval for how I live, and I don't tell her what to do. I figure that's the only defense you've got, bro. Sorry ladies, but you know I ain't lyin!
Thank you — "only every man who has ever been married to a woman..." — I burst out laughing while surrounded by other people when I came across that.

It sounds as though your wife has at least some enthusiasm for biohacking. Mine couldn't care less, so that is one topic I will not be bringing up.
 
MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
My suggestion is to explore new activities as a pair. If the two of you only connect through the same old routines, she may start to feel like you're moving on without her. In my view, any relationship ought to involve ongoing growth regardless.
 
PastelPinkprincess said:

MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
My suggestion is to explore new activities as a pair. If the two of you only connect through the same old routines, she may start to feel like you're moving on without her. In my view, any relationship ought to involve ongoing growth regardless.
Trying something new sounds great to me. You've just shifted how I see this 🙂
 
MTSpace said:

wildweasel said:

MTSpace said:

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.

my situation with my wife is kind of the same, though we make it work. we're both pretty active, but when it comes to food I'm all about clean eating, she enjoys alcohol, I quit drinking 1 year ago, I began using steroids and peptides, and she loves heavy greasy meat... neither of us criticizes the other. as long as we're healthy and acting like responsible adults, we accept each other's decisions.

Best advice: my suggestion is to start by looking at yourself. hear her out, truly hear the exact words she uses, not the version you assume she means. make sure you aren't behaving toward her in a different way or accidentally sending negative messages ("I don't want fries, they aren't good for you", "I don't get why people drink so much"), you have the power to change your own habits, not hers, so turn your attention to yourself first.

How do you handle it when your husband, wife, or partner is on board with your health efforts right until those efforts step on their idea of a good time?

I could use some guidance here. I am chasing a better version of myself with the help of peptides, TRT, and some lifestyle changes. My wife truly wants me to get healthier, but there is a line. As soon as my routine bumps up against her less healthy habits, the vibe turns strange.

Take drinking, for instance. I am not into alcohol these days (or if I do start, it throws my goals off badly), and the same goes for most takeout and processed food. Those things used to be something we enjoyed together. Now, if I skip the drinks or eat just a few fries at dinner, I get the sense that I am spoiling her night. We have talked it through, and she basically feels like my not joining in comes across as me judging her. As if my choices are killing her fun.

Anyone else been here? We talk really well, but we are bad at adapting to change as a pair. How do you keep up with long-term biohacking for better health without creating friction at the table or making your partner feel criticized? Any thoughts or stories are welcome.
There's a dynamic at play that you either haven't noticed or aren't discussing...a lot of things here don't add up given what you said.... how do your new eating habits even impact her? Are you pushing them on her? Is it strange for the two of you to each order your own meals at restaurants? Why not join her for drinks and get soda water? why not let her get french fries while you get the veggies?

Something about this story is missing, and that's what's driving this dynamic.

That is a helpful way to turn the focus inward. Perhaps I have been concentrating too much on outside factors.

There could be something else going on here that I have not identified. My guess is that we will find our rhythm with time, but I would like to lighten the burden on her, and honestly, that would make these changes less difficult for me too.

At restaurants, my usual order is a salad plus a lean protein, I almost never add dressing, and I have water with lemon or lime. Carbs have always been something she enjoys, and I suspect one part of the shift for her is that sharing food the way we once did is gone. Before, I would finish my own plate and then eat about half of hers as well. It was simply how we did things together.

Wine fits the same pattern. Several times a week, we would head out and have a few glasses. I am now close to 3 years sober, and that has been a major adjustment for both of us. If she wants a glass of wine, I will still join her, but I have figured out that sitting in our familiar spots for 2 hours with only water leaves me vulnerable to temptation. I have slipped before, so staying aware of that matters.

What you said about not behaving differently toward her or treating her any differently is something I take seriously. I do not think I do that, but I am going to take some time to examine it and confirm I am not unconsciously putting something onto her without noticing.

I appreciate the perspective. It has given me something to consider.
Wishing you the best
 
MTSpace said:

rkbleddyn said:

'Has anyone dealt with this? '

Every married guy in history, all over the world, has been through it 😂 Sorry, man, I get it.

Just my 2 cents — I'm not an expert, and neither is anybody who claims to be. If someone says they are, take off running, because that's a lie!

Still, after 16+ years of marriage and plenty of almost identical moments, I think I've picked up a thing or two. Trying to argue your way through this won't work, so don't bother. And don't dwell on it either. You do you, and let her do her.

When I began a low carb diet, my wife was really unhappy about it, since carbs are her thing. She's at her ideal weight too (a bit too thin, in my opinion), and she's cheating, you know, because for YEARS she's been on the very lowest .25mg dose of Ozempic! If I bring that last part up, she gets furious, so I keep quiet!

So she tells me 'You don't like my food, you don't love me'. There's no sensible answer to that. So I don't take the bait.

My wife also uses BPC-157, GHK cu, and when I start KPV, she'll likely add it too.

Bottom line, I'm not chasing her approval for how I live, and I don't tell her what to do. I figure that's the only defense you've got, bro. Sorry ladies, but you know I ain't lyin!
Thank you — "only every man who has ever been married to a woman..." — I burst out laughing while surrounded by other people when I came across that.

It sounds as though your wife has at least some enthusiasm for biohacking. Mine couldn't care less, so that is one topic I will not be bringing up.
Nothing is set in stone. I've been using TRT for 14 years, and several years back I went through a few peptide cycles. Back then my wife wanted nothing to do with any of it, but roughly a year ago she chose to give Zepbound a try (prescribed by her doctor) and dropped a significant amount of weight. That experience sparked a real interest in her—she started digging into peptides and similar topics on her own. These days she's asking about GHK-CU (it should arrive Monday) along with a few other things. The key is to never push. She might watch your progress and eventually choose to experiment with something herself. There's no way to know for sure—just stay open to her questions and help her feel at ease if her outlook shifts down the road.
 
jsc1980 said:


Things could always change. I've been on TRT for 14 years and did a few runs of peptides several years ago. My wife had no interest in any of that type of stuff at the time but she decided to try Zepbound (dr prescribed) about a year ago and lost a bunch of weight. After that, she got really into learning more about peps, etc. Now she wants to try GHK-CU (should be here Monday) and other stuff. Never push, but she may see your results and decide to try something at some point. Only time will tell, but make yourself available to answer questions or make her feel comfortable if she does change her perspective in the future.

Click to expand...
It would be ideal if she discovered this longevity-focused, healthier way of living by herself. I don't dare nudge her toward it, because she'd resist forcefully—and she's strong!
 
I'd set up 1-2 outings each month where eating isn't the focus. I'd also try explaining to her in more depth what the drug does to you. Maybe you could propose she try 1 dose herself, so she understands what it's like when hunger vanishes or food stops mattering. And if those ideas don't land, then in my view she either needs to accept it or take off.
 
I'm sorry you're going through this disconnect too. Be gentle with her, and when she feels judged, always respond with love and lightness. A touch, a soft kiss on the forehead, and a smile go a long way here. She needs to feel safe, and even though it's her own insecurity creating that lack of safety, you can't exactly say that to her.

From a woman's perspective, my guess is that she's interpreting your progress as a reflection of an old wound—that she isn't enough. It's like how drinkers take it personally when you stop drinking and they don't. As women age, the inner critic loves to mess with us too; a wrinkle here and a grey hair there land hard, even for those who accept aging.

I struggle with this as well and haven't figured out a way around it. We've been together a decade, and it has actually pushed us further apart.
 
Back
Top