When your next dose increase approaches, does food noise return?

On Tirz I've followed the usual protocol: begin at 2.5 and step up by 2.5 every 4 weeks. Once I reached 7.5, I decided to extend beyond 4 weeks because my weight loss had remained consistent. It's still consistent, but now I'm definitely feeling hunger becoming noticeable around day 4 or 5. I've been treating this as a chance to practice managing calorie tracking and intake properly even with the food noise. This week I'll probably move up to 10mg, but I view the returning food noise as a preparation opportunity for life after GLP1.
 
When the noise begins to pick up slightly, that's typically my signal to bump things up--though I only move up by 1 or 2 units at a time.
 
skaylife said:

lessthanhalf said:

Atlanatpr said:

I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
As far as I can tell, there isn't solid proof that GLP drugs lose their appetite-suppressing or weight-loss potency over time. That said, hunger climbs as you keep using them and particularly as pounds come off, so the same dose ends up contending with a stronger appetite driven by the weight loss itself — which might explain that exact feeling. To judge it properly, you'd have to know how much weight was dropped in the stretch between dose increases, or how much the effect seemed to fade.
Hello! Whenever I come across your replies, I read them. You know a lot and always treat things seriously, and I respect that. Great!

I have another idea about hunger noise that has worked in my case, and I'd like to know what you think of it.

I am 58 years old, 1.80m tall, SW: 223, LW: 53, GW: 170. Within 8 months, I got to my GW. My starting dose was 2.5mg MJ. After 1 month I titrated to 5mg and remained on 5mg. 3 weeks ago I began my maintenance dose at 3.3 mg, and yesterday I lowered it to 2mg. Across the entire journey I never had real hunger noise. Even so, I was always careful with my appetite. I have always consumed enough proteins, fibres, salades and sometimes fruits. The craving for sugar went away by itself, and that was the most important part of my success. I kept carbohydrates and fat to a minimum as far as possible. In my view, hunger noise returns when you are malnourished. I also believe that moving up to a higher dosage at a lower weight is only needed when your body cannot obtain what it requires. To me that sounds like betraying myself. There are moments when I think about food too. But those are merely calls from my subconcious.

This is my experience, and it can be different for each person. I began my journey with that logic, and it has worked for me. What do you think about it? I am not trying to start a debate. I just want to know the meaning of somebody else with knowledge rather than believing in my own theories.
Clearly your method is effective, so for you it’s the correct strategy. Dropping 53 lbs at a fairly low dose is well above the typical response, and it seems you’re keeping it off at an even smaller dose. I do believe food selection plays a role in managing appetite, and the way of eating you outline is quite similar to what I found works for me, and it’s fairly close to what nutritionists would call ideal—mostly whole plant foods, with added protein, low fat, and somewhat reduced carbs.
 
What I find more fascinating is that even folks who respond really well seem to show this same trait once they switch to maintenance. I'm aware of 2 individuals—1 of them a physician—who reached their target weight while staying under 10mg of Tirz. After that, they stopped injecting completely. Their reasoning: "if I need it I'll take it." They never do. In contrast, the sasquatch here senses that even 50mg would yield zero results. I'm committed to 72 weeks. (That wraps at the end of aug.) No matter what the scale says at that point, that's where it ends.
 
lessthanhalf said:

skaylife said:

lessthanhalf said:

Atlanatpr said:

I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
As far as I can tell, there isn't solid proof that GLP drugs lose their appetite-suppressing or weight-loss potency over time. That said, hunger climbs as you keep using them and particularly as pounds come off, so the same dose ends up contending with a stronger appetite driven by the weight loss itself — which might explain that exact feeling. To judge it properly, you'd have to know how much weight was dropped in the stretch between dose increases, or how much the effect seemed to fade.
Hello! Whenever I come across your replies, I read them. You know a lot and always treat things seriously, and I respect that. Great!

I have another idea about hunger noise that has worked in my case, and I'd like to know what you think of it.

I am 58 years old, 1.80m tall, SW: 223, LW: 53, GW: 170. Within 8 months, I got to my GW. My starting dose was 2.5mg MJ. After 1 month I titrated to 5mg and remained on 5mg. 3 weeks ago I began my maintenance dose at 3.3 mg, and yesterday I lowered it to 2mg. Across the entire journey I never had real hunger noise. Even so, I was always careful with my appetite. I have always consumed enough proteins, fibres, salades and sometimes fruits. The craving for sugar went away by itself, and that was the most important part of my success. I kept carbohydrates and fat to a minimum as far as possible. In my view, hunger noise returns when you are malnourished. I also believe that moving up to a higher dosage at a lower weight is only needed when your body cannot obtain what it requires. To me that sounds like betraying myself. There are moments when I think about food too. But those are merely calls from my subconcious.

This is my experience, and it can be different for each person. I began my journey with that logic, and it has worked for me. What do you think about it? I am not trying to start a debate. I just want to know the meaning of somebody else with knowledge rather than believing in my own theories.
Clearly your method is effective, so for you it’s the correct strategy. Dropping 53 lbs at a fairly low dose is well above the typical response, and it seems you’re keeping it off at an even smaller dose. I do believe food selection plays a role in managing appetite, and the way of eating you outline is quite similar to what I found works for me, and it’s fairly close to what nutritionists would call ideal—mostly whole plant foods, with added protein, low fat, and somewhat reduced carbs.
I appreciate your reply. For the first 20 weeks, my doctor ran bloodwork every 4 weeks, with a particular focus on pancreas readings. Tirz never caused it any trouble, and it was working very well. Around that point, though, my muscles started feeling less firm. Beyond suggesting training, she had no further guidance to offer. On my own initiative, I began ipa. Within the first week I noticed a change, and a month later I introduced CJC1295 No Dac. That brought on a bit of hunger, but I was able to dismiss it. Currently I pin ipa+cjc at 05:00 AM and consume nothing whatsoever until 11:00 to 12:00 AM. Cravings show up near 09:00. I laugh at them and inform the stack that I will not be feeding it. An hour later, things settle down. I realize it is going after my remaining belly fat. When 12:00 PM arrives, I declare that it is time to eat. Then I hear it reply: Fuck you! I have already eaten. Once I have had a small serving, it ceases entirely.
 
Back
Top