When your next dose increase approaches, does food noise return?

Atlanatpr

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
 
With once-weekly dosing this tends to happen often; with split dosing it shows up less. It may indicate that a higher dose is needed.

Your dose, how long you've been on it, and which peptide you're using weren't mentioned.
 
Reta at 2mg two times a week, totaling 4mg, has been very effective in my case.

Right before a dose, I’ve seen that I’m able to eat slightly more. My injections are Sunday night and Wednesday night, which lets me eat like usual on weekends, when I’m watched more closely.

Last year I went through a whole 100mg kit this way, and it worked really well.
 
I began Reta a little more than 4 weeks back, pinning once weekly, and right from day 1 the idea of a nighttime snack disgusted me. Then, 2 days ago, out of nowhere, I wanted something salty and crunchy that night. I raised my dose the following day, and now the food urges are gone again. So yes.
 
Hunger isn't the issue for me — I simply aim for every Sunday. Occasionally it slips my mind; then I dose whenever I recall, and if several days have gone by I just reset the weekly slot from that point on.
 
Absolutely!

I actually like that it behaves the way it's supposed to — that tells me it has finished its work for that week 😉
 
Whether I'm on 10mg or 15mg of tirz, making it a full week just doesn't happen for me.

There's always 4.5mg of overfill, so that gets pinned on Thurs or Fri.

That leaves me confused about how people manage split (half) doses. Wouldn't that just be pouring juice down the drain? In other words, taking too little seems like a guaranteed way to waste juice. Or is there something I'm not getting?
 
Reta, roughly 1.2mg per 5 days in my case. Regarding what you asked: indeed, around day 5 I start to feel the cravings returning. Might go up in dose, though 5-day intervals are still doing the job for now
 
Reading through everyone’s replies has been really eye-opening, since it seems like my situation might not match the usual pattern. For the last 4 weeks I’ve been on reta at 1 mg every 7 days. The only time I noticed anything was during week #1: mild cravings showed up for just an hour or two, and that only happened across the first 3 days following my very first pin. Once that week was over, hunger never showed up again. My food noise hasn’t returned at all, I haven’t had cravings, and I haven’t felt hungry for 3 weeks in a row now, all while staying at the same weekly 1 mg dose. So I figure it just varies from person to person.
 
I've been on Reta for 3 months at 2mg, and it's only in the past 2 weeks that food has begun returning. I inject on Saturday, and by Thursday the food noise starts to creep in.
 
I don't have that problem. My injections are weekly, and while my appetite varies from day to day, my weight hasn't budged because of it. When a dessert sounds good, I just eat it, and afterward I feel satisfied.
 
Sasquatch said:

Whether I'm on 10mg or 15mg of tirz, making it a full week just doesn't happen for me.

There's always 4.5mg of overfill, so that gets pinned on Thurs or Fri.

That leaves me confused about how people manage split (half) doses. Wouldn't that just be pouring juice down the drain? In other words, taking too little seems like a guaranteed way to waste juice. Or is there something I'm not getting?

The elimination half-life for Retatrutide sits at roughly 6 to 8 days.

Because of that, the drug keeps accumulating in your body when you dose weekly, and it builds up even quicker if you inject every 3.5 days.

Use plotter to see the difference between 2 mg per week and 1 mg every 3.5 days—the highs and lows escalate fast.



Image unavailable



GLP-1 Plotter - Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy) & Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) Dose Calculator



Plot graphs and calculate levels for GLP-1 Receptor Agonists Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy/Rybelsus) or Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) based on dose & half-life.

Image unavailable


glp1plotter.com

I let the scale guide me rather than the calendar or how I felt—if the weight kept dropping, I didn't change the dose.

My thinking was that experiencing some hunger was fine, and when it hit, I looked for smart food options. Soup became one of my top picks; a big bowl of something hot really satisfies, and there are plenty of ways to keep it low in calories while boosting protein.

Give the plotter a look and make your own comparison-
 
Yes, definitely!

From what I’ve been through myself, my guess is that the dose is simply too low. For example, below 3 mg I could already sense hunger building 1-2 days ahead of my shot day. On the day of the injection and the day after, I’d end up eating at maintenance since staying in a deficit felt nearly impossible!

At 3mg, though, that has eased up quite a bit! These days I don’t get that hunger creeping in 1-2 days before anymore. It does still show up on injection day, though.

Currently I’m on 4mg, and I figure this or 6mg will end up being my sweet spot, one where hunger won’t hit me even on injection day.

But you mentioned your tirz is at 8mg?? It’s wild that hunger still creeps up for you… how long have you been using tirz? Could your tirz be “weak”, meaning it’s not really as potent as the vendor claims?
 
I began at a very low dose: 0.5mg weekly. After 3 weeks I moved up to 1mg, and from then on I raised it by 1mg every 4 weeks, all the way to 4mg. Once I reached 2mg, I realized that by day 6 the cravings were getting pretty bad, so I switched to injecting every 6 days. For the moment that’s been working well enough for me. I’ve since titrated to 5mg and it feels like a good spot.
 
I take 10mg of Tirz and aim to make each dose last 2 weeks. Over the past few weeks, the food noise has started showing up once week one wraps up. I've stuck with the 10mg strength for years. What could be causing this? Next time I place an order, I might give Reta a shot.
 
Atlanatpr said:

I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
Yeah — by the afternoon on day 5 (I’m on Reta), the noise starts coming back. I moved to dosing every 4 days, and that took care of it.
 
Atlanatpr said:

I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
As far as I can tell, there isn't solid proof that GLP drugs lose their appetite-suppressing or weight-loss potency over time. That said, hunger climbs as you keep using them and particularly as pounds come off, so the same dose ends up contending with a stronger appetite driven by the weight loss itself — which might explain that exact feeling. To judge it properly, you'd have to know how much weight was dropped in the stretch between dose increases, or how much the effect seemed to fade.
 
I take my Tirz on a 6-day schedule, and that has wiped it out for me — though I'm still only at 7.5. When I made my 1st increase, it seemed like it stopped doing as much, so I moved up to the amount I'm on now. Occasionally I'll stretch it to the full 7 days on purpose, just to let myself experience hunger again. Sort of a reset.

I've been looking into adding a micro amount of Reta alongside my current dose, but I'll most likely chicken out lol. Any time I start thinking it's stopped working, it proves me wrong not long after.

So to keep it brief: once I realized 5 wasn't doing the job anymore, even compared with how well the starting dose worked, I raised it because of food noise, cravings and so on. Things are back on track, but I do cut the week down to 6 days. If you're the one managing your own dosing, maybe go up by 1 mg. That's assuming you've let your present dose build up long enough.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Atlanatpr said:

I’ve been noticing something in myself and want to know if others experience it too: as the time nears for raising my dose, cravings and food noise tend to come back stronger. Is that a normal pattern, or is it something you’re not supposed to feel? It might just be milder than it used to be. Right now I’m taking 8mg of triz.
As far as I can tell, there isn't solid proof that GLP drugs lose their appetite-suppressing or weight-loss potency over time. That said, hunger climbs as you keep using them and particularly as pounds come off, so the same dose ends up contending with a stronger appetite driven by the weight loss itself — which might explain that exact feeling. To judge it properly, you'd have to know how much weight was dropped in the stretch between dose increases, or how much the effect seemed to fade.
Hello! Whenever I come across your replies, I read them. You know a lot and always treat things seriously, and I respect that. Great!

I have another idea about hunger noise that has worked in my case, and I'd like to know what you think of it.

I am 58 years old, 1.80m tall, SW: 223, LW: 53, GW: 170. Within 8 months, I got to my GW. My starting dose was 2.5mg MJ. After 1 month I titrated to 5mg and remained on 5mg. 3 weeks ago I began my maintenance dose at 3.3 mg, and yesterday I lowered it to 2mg. Across the entire journey I never had real hunger noise. Even so, I was always careful with my appetite. I have always consumed enough proteins, fibres, salades and sometimes fruits. The craving for sugar went away by itself, and that was the most important part of my success. I kept carbohydrates and fat to a minimum as far as possible. In my view, hunger noise returns when you are malnourished. I also believe that moving up to a higher dosage at a lower weight is only needed when your body cannot obtain what it requires. To me that sounds like betraying myself. There are moments when I think about food too. But those are merely calls from my subconcious.

This is my experience, and it can be different for each person. I began my journey with that logic, and it has worked for me. What do you think about it? I am not trying to start a debate. I just want to know the meaning of somebody else with knowledge rather than believing in my own theories.
 
Back
Top