What's your stance of giving random people your vendors?

Kitty Paws

Explorer
Joined
Jun 4, 2026
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Was on reddit earlier and saw a guy getting scammed, so I chimed in that I pay far less than that. Next thing, about 10 DMs landed asking where I source. Not something I normally do, but I skimmed a few of their profiles first - a couple had clearly been struggling, fresh out of a divorce, that kind of thing - so I spent something like 30 minutes handing out my sources. Now I'm second-guessing it: was that a decent call, or did I just burn it for everybody else?
 
You handed those sources over because helping people avoid a scam felt good, yeah? Then you did a good thing!

Besides, any vendor stays good right up until the day they don't.

What makes you figure you ruined it for other people?
 
RaveBaddie said:

You handed those sources over because helping people avoid a scam felt good, yeah? Then you did a good thing!

Besides, any vendor stays good right up until the day they don't.

What makes you figure you ruined it for other people?
The more a vendor grows, the higher the odds someone catches on.
 
Doing a quick profile check to vet folks a little was the smart move, I'd say. Reddit may not love it. They've been cracking down.
 
A source, maybe. Contact details, never. My habit is to point people to this place instead. Sometimes I'll say: "Sure, I like ___ , but why take my word for it? I'm a random on the internet. Believing strangers online is exactly how people get burned. Head to GLP1Chat.com and look around for yourself".
 
5byfive said:

A source, maybe. Contact details, never. My habit is to point people to this place instead. Sometimes I'll say: "Sure, I like ___ , but why take my word for it? I'm a random on the internet. Believing strangers online is exactly how people get burned. Head to GLP1Chat.com and look around for yourself".
Same here - I'll admit to using a given vendor, but the only way I reach out is through whatever contact details that vendor has posted on this forum. No sense in breaking what works: each time I need them, I still come back here, pull up their newest post, and go from those details.
 
5byfive said:

A source, maybe. Contact details, never. My habit is to point people to this place instead. Sometimes I'll say: "Sure, I like ___ , but why take my word for it? I'm a random on the internet. Believing strangers online is exactly how people get burned. Head to GLP1Chat.com and look around for yourself".
Good answer, and I'd tack on: as everyone knows, they can be fine today and rotten tomorrow.

The more popular a vendor gets, the more their name is worth, and the more reason they have to defend it.

Anybody can spin up an XYZ outfit in a night - all it takes is a GB plus a whatsapp or TG

What actually separates the good ones is being popular enough that everyone is testing them.

The part to drill into people, though: never open random links that arrive by DM....

Otherwise we're back to a broke divorcee in tears...
 
This is exactly why the GBs have gone off the rails. Way too many clowns piling into this stuff. Blame the TV ads, Assbook, Instagram and the rest of the GLP advertising flood. Someone DMs me for my GB sources and I MIGHT help - first I check their join date, post count, likes, whatever, before deciding. Half of these jokers just want the info spoon fed to them. Very much the 'everybody gets a trophy' crowd. A few months back I had 4 members who'd only joined 1-3 days before messaging me. Told the lot of them to piss off.
 
BNLFL said:

This is exactly why the GBs have gone off the rails. Way too many clowns piling into this stuff. Blame the TV ads, Assbook, Instagram and the rest of the GLP advertising flood. Someone DMs me for my GB sources and I MIGHT help - first I check their join date, post count, likes, whatever, before deciding. Half of these jokers just want the info spoon fed to them. Very much the 'everybody gets a trophy' crowd. A few months back I had 4 members who'd only joined 1-3 days before messaging me. Told the lot of them to piss off.
The biggest issue, I think: nobody appreciates how fast a situation can turn.

They land here expecting Amazon, grab a vendor, and stop paying attention to the market.

A week later the tests come back dirty, or the vendor exit scams, or nothing shows up at all - and they have no idea, because once they had their source they quit reading...

Owning your own health means reading everything you can and not rushing to buy before you've learned.
 
BNLFL said:

This is exactly why the GBs have gone off the rails. Way too many clowns piling into this stuff. Blame the TV ads, Assbook, Instagram and the rest of the GLP advertising flood. Someone DMs me for my GB sources and I MIGHT help - first I check their join date, post count, likes, whatever, before deciding. Half of these jokers just want the info spoon fed to them. Very much the 'everybody gets a trophy' crowd. A few months back I had 4 members who'd only joined 1-3 days before messaging me. Told the lot of them to piss off.
What you're describing is why I keep seeing GB'S balloon to the point where 4 months pass before anything shows up. I buy for me. Not to resell to the whole friend group at a single-vial price.
 
Gatekeeping exists for a reason, and I'm on board. Anyone unwilling to spend five minutes opening their eyes and looking around probably shouldn't be injecting themselves with something no competent doctor prescribed.

Reddit types especially. Snack-sized content breeds laziness and no real research. Not that I'm innocent - I arrived here from that world too. Even so, I'm forever thankful Zippy won't let newbies waltz in without earning it. Judging by the junk that floats around Reddit, he may well be saving lives.
 
Nopenada said:

Gatekeeping exists for a reason, and I'm on board. Anyone unwilling to spend five minutes opening their eyes and looking around probably shouldn't be injecting themselves with something no competent doctor prescribed.

Reddit types especially. Snack-sized content breeds laziness and no real research. Not that I'm innocent - I arrived here from that world too. Even so, I'm forever thankful Zippy won't let newbies waltz in without earning it. Judging by the junk that floats around Reddit, he may well be saving lives.
Meaningful conversations are rare enough with people I actually know, never mind strangers... You can usually spot the odd person willing to invest the effort to do this properly and safely - but far more often what comes back is 'so I'll just take it off your hands'...
 
Handing that information over isn't something I'd have done. I've no idea who those people are or whether they're legitimate. My move is to send folks toward compounded - or, if they aren't on compounded and don't want a Telehealth route to it, I send them here.
 
On principle I keep it to myself. My girlfriend would be the exception if she wanted in, but she's content with compounded - it feels safer and more legitimate to her.

Among close friends, if the topic came up naturally, I'd probably steer them to this website and leave it at that.

My mom is on GLP-1s via some provider, either her own doctor or compounded. I've never felt any urge to bring grey sources into that.
 
Kitty Paws said:

Was on reddit earlier and saw a guy getting scammed, so I chimed in that I pay far less than that. Next thing, about 10 DMs landed asking where I source. Not something I normally do, but I skimmed a few of their profiles first - a couple had clearly been struggling, fresh out of a divorce, that kind of thing - so I spent something like 30 minutes handing out my sources. Now I'm second-guessing it: was that a decent call, or did I just burn it for everybody else?
If I am told enough about the kind of vendor a buyer is after, and I happen to know somebody who fits that description, then I will pass along vendor names plus a contact source that can be trusted beyond argument. Good places to find those links are this forum and Stairway to Gray. What I will not do is hand over the contact details directly, because that would suggest it is fine to take contact information from strangers you know nothing about. After all, nothing stops me from posing as a legit seller, inventing a vendor name and then giving out a messaging-app handle — the crypto would come to me. The truth is I am too honest for that kind of con. Or maybe not? There is no way for you to tell, since you do not know who I am. I simply hear about far too many rip-offs in which the victim ended up dealing with a made-up sales agent. I got burned once myself, but only because the vendor I used was established — either the authorities caught up with them (that fits best) or they pulled an exit scam. My read is that honest folks make up the bulk of this forum. That said, some accounts surely signed up here intending to defraud others. On a related note, whenever somebody asks me for a particular recommendation, what I lean toward is telling them to raise the request publicly in this forum, along with a bit of detail about the nature of the vendor they want. To illustrate, a buyer who cares little about price and wants single vials would draw one kind of answer. Somebody whose main concern is price, who plans to test the product themself and who can tolerate a long wait would draw a different one. Still, having them ask here is my preference, since the advice they get will not be only mine. It also leaves me feeling less guilty if they do get scammed. And yes — anybody ordering gray can be scammed.
 
My favourite vendor, who's basically a bff at this point, asked me not to pass their details to anyone - so I don't. What I will do is point people to this forum, and to stg.
 
Right - I don't hand out my vendors. What I tell people is to quit DMs. "Helpful scammers live in DMs." Pointing you at a fake site and clearing out your card wouldn't take much effort. Leave Reddit, go where questions get asked in the open. And assume every DM is a 90% scam.

Get on GLP1Chat. Read posts. Learn how to protect yourself in a gray market, because nobody else there is going to.

Get onto STG, read up on test groups, and learn crypto.

Quit asking for fish and work out how to fish.
 
Justatechdude said:

Right - I don't hand out my vendors. What I tell people is to quit DMs. "Helpful scammers live in DMs." Pointing you at a fake site and clearing out your card wouldn't take much effort. Leave Reddit, go where questions get asked in the open. And assume every DM is a 90% scam.

Get on GLP1Chat. Read posts. Learn how to protect yourself in a gray market, because nobody else there is going to.

Get onto STG, read up on test groups, and learn crypto.

Quit asking for fish and work out how to fish.
That crowd is right here below, mostly newbs. Every one of them got gold stars at school and a little league trophy.





f4fc03a41ef10be26975859386df7a61d9ee4d4fe4f4de45aaf668b81317dd8c.gif
 
Back
Top