What's your pace for stacking peptides?

HouseCat

Explorer
Joined
May 31, 2026
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
I've been using tirz for several months, and once I discovered the gray world, my curiosity about other peptides took off fast. A handful are already on the way, and I'm really looking forward to them!! I've looked into cycling, dosing, and so on for the peps I picked, so based on what I've been able to learn, there aren't any risky combos. My approach is to add 1 peptide, give it a few weeks to observe how I respond, then do the same with the next…That said, I'm not patient by nature, so sticking to this cautious approach is going to be a real challenge for me!

What's your pace when putting together your stack? Do you take it slow, or add several peps all at once? What has that been like for you?
 
I usually introduce peptides roughly one by one, though I frequently overhaul my vitamin regimen without making a big deal of it. In my opinion, if your B vitamins and trace minerals aren't already in place, you really shouldn't be experimenting with peptides at all.
 
I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
 
eidos said:

I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
Wow—thanks for such an incredible, thorough write-up. MOTS-C, NAD+ and SS-31 are already ordered on my end, and I'll definitely be checking into NaCl as a reconstitution option. I came across an article on that recently but the details didn't stick. Good nudge to revisit it.

The guidance on layering stack peptides according to half life is also much appreciated. Off to sci-hub I go! Just when I think my spreadsheets can't get any more thorough, I discover another angle to improve them—thank you so much!

You've also (without meaning to) helped me pump the brakes on my urge to build the stack at speed. Plenty of items are inbound, so taking it slow will rein in my spending and give me room to watch what others report from tests/experiences with the things I've got.
 
KLOW came first, after surgery

Reta went in after 1 month

Glutathione and Sermorelin came another 1 month on

Epitalon joined a further 1 month in
 
HouseCat said:

eidos said:

I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
Wow—thanks for such an incredible, thorough write-up. MOTS-C, NAD+ and SS-31 are already ordered on my end, and I'll definitely be checking into NaCl as a reconstitution option. I came across an article on that recently but the details didn't stick. Good nudge to revisit it.

The guidance on layering stack peptides according to half life is also much appreciated. Off to sci-hub I go! Just when I think my spreadsheets can't get any more thorough, I discover another angle to improve them—thank you so much!

You've also (without meaning to) helped me pump the brakes on my urge to build the stack at speed. Plenty of items are inbound, so taking it slow will rein in my spending and give me room to watch what others report from tests/experiences with the things I've got.
I've also got Mots, NAD and SS31 sitting in my stash...I'll likely kick off a protocol once Fall rolls around...I'm stocked up on mega Hospira, though I might grab some NaCL too... 👍
 
Reta was my starting point, and I figured GHK would pair well to reduce the chance of any loose skin.

Ran that combo for roughly 3 months while continuing to lurk around these forums.

Then I tried just 1 vial of NA Semax and liked it enough to go daily. A kit followed a couple weeks after that.

For now, 3 seems like my limit. That means 2 pins on most days and 3 on the 2 days I take reta... which is plenty for me.
 
eidos said:

I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
Might be a handful of dumb questions here, but I've had my eye on NaCl Hospira (which I'm guessing is the specific solvent you mean) for ages, and I still haven't come across a solid enough justification to pull the trigger — though maybe that's partly because this place is less a room full of chemists and more a room full of lab rats.

#1 does this shorten the shelf life of something like GHK-cu at all, or would it stretch out the shelf life of something potential

#2 when checking whether peptides are compatible with the NaCl, what 3 characteristics would you examine to figure that out, e.g. shelf life? PH? chain length?

#3 if you could drop links or videos covering either a study or a basic chemistry principle tied to this, I'd really enjoy reading or listening to something on it. It's been 2 years since my last college chem class and I feel like this is something I should either A already have some kind of background in or B at the very least be able to pick up. I'd bet there's an Organic Chem tutor Video on a topic like this, I just couldn't find the right keywords to search.
 
ThunderBird said:

eidos said:

I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
Might be a handful of dumb questions here, but I've had my eye on NaCl Hospira (which I'm guessing is the specific solvent you mean) for ages, and I still haven't come across a solid enough justification to pull the trigger — though maybe that's partly because this place is less a room full of chemists and more a room full of lab rats.

#1 does this shorten the shelf life of something like GHK-cu at all, or would it stretch out the shelf life of something potential

#2 when checking whether peptides are compatible with the NaCl, what 3 characteristics would you examine to figure that out, e.g. shelf life? PH? chain length?

#3 if you could drop links or videos covering either a study or a basic chemistry principle tied to this, I'd really enjoy reading or listening to something on it. It's been 2 years since my last college chem class and I feel like this is something I should either A already have some kind of background in or B at the very least be able to pick up. I'd bet there's an Organic Chem tutor Video on a topic like this, I just couldn't find the right keywords to search.
Something that's turned into a real upside of going gray for me is reconnecting with science. There are plenty of cobwebs up there that need clearing out, and plenty still to pick up. Solid questions in this thread.
 
ThunderBird said:

eidos said:

I'm a routine-driven person. Back in high school, I picked up the idea of changing only 1 variable at a time in experiments, and I've kept to that ever since.

Lately, I've gotten into working with half-lives. That said, our knowledge of half-lives isn't complete: for certain compounds that get inside cells, nobody knows how long they linger there.

Still, using whatever data exists, I work out how long it should take to hit steady state. And until that point is reached with a new peptide, I leave my doses, my schedule, and my stack untouched.

Take something with a half-life under 1 day: roughly 1 week is needed. If the half-life is around 1 week, you're looking at about 1.5 months, or 2 months if you want a bit of buffer.

Most half-life figures people quote are means. Strip away the standard deviation and they tell you nothing. When I go digging through papers, what I usually come across looks like this: for 95% of patients, the half-life falls somewhere between 4 and 8 days, averaging 6 days (care to guess which peptide that is 😉

Precision isn't mandatory, but that doesn't give us license to act arbitrarily.

As an example, with Reta I observed hunger creeping back around day 5 or 6, and the sunburn effect reappearing on day 6. My reading of that is a circulating dose roughly equal to d+1 and d+6. It lines up with a climb to peak over 2 days plus a half-life beyond 7 days in my own case. Crude, yes, but good enough for what I need. So I settled on 1 pin per week as my floor and won't go under it.

I notice that the majority of people follow the study doses to the letter (2, 4, 6, and so on). What's worth grasping is that those doses were chosen pragmatically — whatever is convenient for the lab to manufacture, simple to explain to a patient, and straightforward to analyze. Researchers dislike creating headaches for themselves.

There's no real reason for us to copy that. Personally, I began with 10 and 20mg vials. The doses I used were 2.5, 5, 6.7, and 10. Continuous glucose monitoring is what counts for me. Early on I rarely stepped on a scale; instead I tracked my waist circumference at the navel. That kept me more motivated.

With compounds that have no human clinical trials behind them, like MOTS-C or 5-amino-1-mq, the hard part is zeroing in on the right dose.

All sorts of so-called "protocols" make the rounds, complete with cycles and time limits, backed by zero science. You'll spot that these usually feature pricey products, and that people use them for a quick energy lift before a workout rather than, say, to address metabolic syndrome. We should scrutinize where our information comes from.

One more element is the reconstitution solvent. There are those who insist on Pfizer's BA water. Yet certain other solvents perform fine, occasionally better. These days I use 0.9% NaCl for SS31, MOTS-C, and GHK-Cu: it's isotonic and lowers the odds of a nasty reaction where you inject. For 5AMQ I use sterile water only. That's plenty when the pen is used up within 1 or 2 weeks. Worth knowing: in some hospital settings, insulin sits in the fridge inside polypropylene syringes for 1 or 2 months, and 90% of it is still potent and sterile after 3 months (the paper isn't hard to locate). I wouldn't run things that way if I had to turn out millions of pre-filled pens meant to last months and cross the globe.

Stacking peptides is a touch trickier than stacking crepes. But you still want to dodge the lumps, and it feels just as good when it comes together. Have fun 😉
Might be a handful of dumb questions here, but I've had my eye on NaCl Hospira (which I'm guessing is the specific solvent you mean) for ages, and I still haven't come across a solid enough justification to pull the trigger — though maybe that's partly because this place is less a room full of chemists and more a room full of lab rats.

#1 does this shorten the shelf life of something like GHK-cu at all, or would it stretch out the shelf life of something potential

#2 when checking whether peptides are compatible with the NaCl, what 3 characteristics would you examine to figure that out, e.g. shelf life? PH? chain length?

#3 if you could drop links or videos covering either a study or a basic chemistry principle tied to this, I'd really enjoy reading or listening to something on it. It's been 2 years since my last college chem class and I feel like this is something I should either A already have some kind of background in or B at the very least be able to pick up. I'd bet there's an Organic Chem tutor Video on a topic like this, I just couldn't find the right keywords to search.

Like the philosopher's mother once put it: "Stupid is as stupid does".

And there's nothing stupid about learning.

I'm not referring to a solvent that contains BA. What I mean is injectable saline — a solution of 0.9% NaCl. In France, this isotonic solution is the standard one used for injectable medications. Outside of skin disinfectant sprays (Biseptine, for instance; https://www.vidal.fr/medicaments/substances/alcool-benzylique-212.html), benzyl alcohol doesn't appear in any products.

Over on YouTube, the videos I gravitate toward are those of the guy who kept equilibrium at the triple point (solid, liquid, and gas), or the walk of the kinesin (my favorite protein 🙂. Definitely not the ones from the not-a-real-doctor-DCs. And not the ones stuffed with placebo storytelling either: during my first quarter at college I nearly got fooled, and I won't let that happen a second time.

Khan Academy has the fundamentals: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry

Plus a couple of “101” courses over on Coursera:



979b118ca193d58f9e1fe0c2fa4cd81063da4e423c77e96e109ac7000debc56a.jpg




Introduction to Chemistry: Structures and Solutions



Offered by Duke University. This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts such as atomic ... Enroll for free.

9b64928b5515a184505a145ff0c265c2453f18c7d20c7b23cad5676d9c8d21de.png



www.coursera.org



2f39659e15d489367cbb7eec48d57323b0edb3e687800d81662f2eb78ce8953e.jpg




Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios



Offered by Duke University. This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in ... Enroll for free.

9b64928b5515a184505a145ff0c265c2453f18c7d20c7b23cad5676d9c8d21de.png



www.coursera.org

What you'll take away from two 20h courses, I can't say; for me it took longer than that. As one of my professors put it: « I understand quickly, but you'll have to explain it to me for a long time. »

Do we both agree that by “shelf life,” you mean in the fridge?

A vial of GHKCu lasts me 20 days. That ought to be fine, though it's somewhat of a gamble. Cuprate ions do have antifungal activity (that's what gets put on grapevines or organic potatoes), yet their antibacterial or antiviral activity is very limited. My main reason for doing this is to dodge reactions at the injection site. For genuine peace of mind, using BA NaCl together with the GHK is best (another thread goes into this topic thoroughly).

With Tirz or Reta, I don't do that. The Mounjaro buffer consists of phosphate with NaCl, a little benzyl alcohol and phenol, plus additional ingredients to stabilize it (likely to cut down adsorption on the pen's plastic walls). I'm simply copying the experts. Once I move to the 60 mg vials, I'll attempt making a phosphate buffer.

A slightly ionic solution can enhance solubility; too ionic, and it can trigger precipitation. With Reta, hydrophobic bonds are mainly behind this.

If aseptic conditions are respected while reconstituting and drawing, the chance of contamination drops a great deal. Not to zero, just less likely. Drawing from the stopper three or four times a month at home is nowhere near the risks of a hospital setting teeming with nasty germs (though Pseudomonas are everywhere and Staph from our skin might be tough). In my view, flawless asepsis practices have to be maintained. I've had the chance to voice my views on the thoughtless comments some people made in other threads. Lots of John Snow...

Regarding pH, the nearer to physiological levels, the better. Tirz's isoelectric point is published in the patents, whereas Reta's is given as “less than 6.5,” which is rather vague. Still, we can see that Hospira, at 5.7 when it's fresh, works well. The trouble over time (more than 6-8 weeks, according to some “bro” tests) is the drift over pH 8, which brings about deamidation. The cascading problem is that nobody knows whether biological activity is maintained or whether there is toxicity.

One difference (not the only one) between peptides and small proteins is that peptides are too short to have a stable quaternary structure. Salinity will therefore not irreversibly change their shape. Explaining these kinds of structures would take a while: several dozen hours in the biochemistry program went into it, including studying hemoglobin to understand it.

EdX/HarvardX offers a course on the principles of biochemistry, but I can't find the syllabus. https://www.edx.org/learn/biochemistry/harvard-university-principles-of-biochemistry

If stupidity were judged as the inverse of the length of my answer, you'd see that your questions weren't stupid at all 🙂
 
Back
Top