What's your favourite thing about reta?

Milotic

Explorer
Joined
Jul 31, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
This is the first GLP1 I've ever taken, and what I like most about reta is that food is still on the menu for me — the difference is how full I feel once I've eaten. Normally, the moment a meal ends, my mind jumps straight to when I'll eat again and what it'll be.

I've also got a serious sweet tooth. On reta, sweet cravings do still show up now and then, but rather than arguing with myself about whether to give in, I just take a portion of whatever I'm wanting, and that's enough — the craving is gone and I don't dwell on it. Take chocolate: I was really wanting some, so I took a portion out of a share bar, and once I'd had it I simply carried on. Ordinarily I'd have eaten the entire bar and felt miserable that it was finished. These days a share bar stretches across several days!

What are some of your favourite things?
 
Milotic said:

This is the first GLP1 I've ever taken, and what I like most about reta is that food is still on the menu for me — the difference is how full I feel once I've eaten. Normally, the moment a meal ends, my mind jumps straight to when I'll eat again and what it'll be.

I've also got a serious sweet tooth. On reta, sweet cravings do still show up now and then, but rather than arguing with myself about whether to give in, I just take a portion of whatever I'm wanting, and that's enough — the craving is gone and I don't dwell on it. Take chocolate: I was really wanting some, so I took a portion out of a share bar, and once I'd had it I simply carried on. Ordinarily I'd have eaten the entire bar and felt miserable that it was finished. These days a share bar stretches across several days!

What are some of your favourite things?
Same here — my mind used to be stuck on planning the next thing I'd eat, so the way you describe feeling full after eating really resonates with me. The all-night grazing is gone. Dinner happens, and then I'm finished for the evening on most days.

Anhedonia gets a lot of complaints, and I get why, but honestly it lands as a plus in my book. Perhaps my reaction is milder than what others go through, yet I'm happy with it. It isn't that nothing matters to me or that I've lost all enjoyment; the edge is just softened. Enjoyable things are still enjoyable — I simply don't feel pulled toward them the way I did before.

Take alcohol. There was a stretch where I drank quite heavily, and after work I'd want a drink to unwind. These days, if an occasion calls for it, I can have one here and there and actually enjoy it, but the urge itself has faded. I've all but quit.

The closest comparison I can come up with is that Reta feels a bit like a mild benzo for me. Stuff simply doesn't get to me the way it once did — and that's a good thing!
 
The extra energy is what I enjoy most! Tirzepatide got me to my goal weight on a fairly low dose, and the non-weight-loss perks have been so significant that staying on it appeals to me. That said, it seemed to leave me somewhat flattened—not in a terrible way, but in a manner I sensed would get hard to manage as time went on. So I simply introduced 1 mg of reta per week, 3 days following my tirz injection. My starting dose was .5, purely to confirm there'd be no reaction, and right away I could feel it would be useful—these meds hit me as a super responder, which is amazingly fortunate. So 1 mg reta, in my experience, delivers a strong boost. Hydration and constipation demand extra vigilance from me, which is why the very first thing I do after waking is drink 32 oz of water. My heart rate didn't seem to rise, though I suspect that's the source of the energetic feeling? Either way, I love it a lot and feel very lucky to have a solid stash of tirz and reta.
 
b_rad80 said:

Milotic said:

This is the first GLP1 I've ever taken, and what I like most about reta is that food is still on the menu for me — the difference is how full I feel once I've eaten. Normally, the moment a meal ends, my mind jumps straight to when I'll eat again and what it'll be.

I've also got a serious sweet tooth. On reta, sweet cravings do still show up now and then, but rather than arguing with myself about whether to give in, I just take a portion of whatever I'm wanting, and that's enough — the craving is gone and I don't dwell on it. Take chocolate: I was really wanting some, so I took a portion out of a share bar, and once I'd had it I simply carried on. Ordinarily I'd have eaten the entire bar and felt miserable that it was finished. These days a share bar stretches across several days!

What are some of your favourite things?
Same here — my mind used to be stuck on planning the next thing I'd eat, so the way you describe feeling full after eating really resonates with me. The all-night grazing is gone. Dinner happens, and then I'm finished for the evening on most days.

Anhedonia gets a lot of complaints, and I get why, but honestly it lands as a plus in my book. Perhaps my reaction is milder than what others go through, yet I'm happy with it. It isn't that nothing matters to me or that I've lost all enjoyment; the edge is just softened. Enjoyable things are still enjoyable — I simply don't feel pulled toward them the way I did before.

Take alcohol. There was a stretch where I drank quite heavily, and after work I'd want a drink to unwind. These days, if an occasion calls for it, I can have one here and there and actually enjoy it, but the urge itself has faded. I've all but quit.

The closest comparison I can come up with is that Reta feels a bit like a mild benzo for me. Stuff simply doesn't get to me the way it once did — and that's a good thing!
I never expected to leave out how much it changed my relationship with alcohol. Drinking has been a long-term problem for me, and those urges are basically gone at this point. At a wedding recently I had just 3 pints...that never happens for me. Normally I end up black out drunk, and back then my drinking was slow and controlled

peppystrings80 said:

The extra energy is what I enjoy most! Tirzepatide got me to my goal weight on a fairly low dose, and the non-weight-loss perks have been so significant that staying on it appeals to me. That said, it seemed to leave me somewhat flattened—not in a terrible way, but in a manner I sensed would get hard to manage as time went on. So I simply introduced 1 mg of reta per week, 3 days following my tirz injection. My starting dose was .5, purely to confirm there'd be no reaction, and right away I could feel it would be useful—these meds hit me as a super responder, which is amazingly fortunate. So 1 mg reta, in my experience, delivers a strong boost. Hydration and constipation demand extra vigilance from me, which is why the very first thing I do after waking is drink 32 oz of water. My heart rate didn't seem to rise, though I suspect that's the source of the energetic feeling? Either way, I love it a lot and feel very lucky to have a solid stash of tirz and reta.

Another thing: reta makes me really thirsty, particularly during the first few days, though I already drink plenty of water regardless, and I definitely feel it when I'm out somewhere without a drink nearby haha. Energy-wise, I can't say I've seen any change. It's been working pretty great for me too. And given the benefits I'm getting, I feel like I never want to stop too.
 
Chatting with newcomers about it — not exactly, well, actually yes it is. Losing 60lbs has me loving how I feel these days. Energy is way up, no more laziness, and the side effects have vanished too. Once I hit 6-8mg the side effects disappeared and they've stayed gone for a long time. I had been on 10mg, though now I'm experimenting with a maintenance dose. I plan to keep using this for as long as I can. The downside for me is loose skin; I'm aware I lost some muscle along with stubborn belly fat that's gradually reducing. My weight loss averaged 2lbs/week. I ought to begin some weight training and other activities to tone up.
 
BNLFL said:

Chatting with newcomers about it — not exactly, well, actually yes it is. Losing 60lbs has me loving how I feel these days. Energy is way up, no more laziness, and the side effects have vanished too. Once I hit 6-8mg the side effects disappeared and they've stayed gone for a long time. I had been on 10mg, though now I'm experimenting with a maintenance dose. I plan to keep using this for as long as I can. The downside for me is loose skin; I'm aware I lost some muscle along with stubborn belly fat that's gradually reducing. My weight loss averaged 2lbs/week. I ought to begin some weight training and other activities to tone up.
That’s fantastic. Your journey has been visible across this forum, and it really is impressive!

As for me, I dropped 25kg through natural means, then kept it off for the last 2 years (though I did add back 5kg, ha). Still, I was after a bit of extra support, so I turned to reta. Fortunately, my training has been consistent and structured for 3 years now, so I see this as just another tool. Loose skin is pretty much inevitable — I already have some, and I expect it to worsen as I get leaner. My weekly weight loss goal matches yours as well.
 
Honestly, what isn’t there to like? Since June 16th I’m down 29.5lbs. Along with my trt and gh, I haven’t lost any muscle. I’ve worked out 75+ days straight. Every day I’m getting stronger and more jacked. My doctor’s face was totally confused when he said he’d never seen cholesterol improve that dramatically. Blood pressure is lower, heart rate is lower. I haven’t had a drink since before I began Reta. I’m on a perfectly healthy diet and I love it. No cravings…. I could keep listing things.

Update: just stepped off the scale -30.1lbs since June 16th woo!
 
Redz said:

Honestly, what isn’t there to like? Since June 16th I’m down 29.5lbs. Along with my trt and gh, I haven’t lost any muscle. I’ve worked out 75+ days straight. Every day I’m getting stronger and more jacked. My doctor’s face was totally confused when he said he’d never seen cholesterol improve that dramatically. Blood pressure is lower, heart rate is lower. I haven’t had a drink since before I began Reta. I’m on a perfectly healthy diet and I love it. No cravings…. I could keep listing things.

Update: just stepped off the scale -30.1lbs since June 16th woo!
That's great! How have you been ramping up your dose?
 
Milotic said:

Redz said:

Honestly, what isn’t there to like? Since June 16th I’m down 29.5lbs. Along with my trt and gh, I haven’t lost any muscle. I’ve worked out 75+ days straight. Every day I’m getting stronger and more jacked. My doctor’s face was totally confused when he said he’d never seen cholesterol improve that dramatically. Blood pressure is lower, heart rate is lower. I haven’t had a drink since before I began Reta. I’m on a perfectly healthy diet and I love it. No cravings…. I could keep listing things.

Update: just stepped off the scale -30.1lbs since June 16th woo!
That's great! How have you been ramping up your dose?
My starting dose was 1mg two times a week. After 2 weeks I raised it to 1.5mg twice weekly (at the start, weight loss wasn't very noticeable — I even put on a bit of weight once I began gh). At 5 weeks I increased to 2mg twice per week, and by 9 weeks I moved up to 2.5mg twice a week, which is what I'm on now (5mg).
 
Redz said:

Honestly, what isn’t there to like? Since June 16th I’m down 29.5lbs. Along with my trt and gh, I haven’t lost any muscle. I’ve worked out 75+ days straight. Every day I’m getting stronger and more jacked. My doctor’s face was totally confused when he said he’d never seen cholesterol improve that dramatically. Blood pressure is lower, heart rate is lower. I haven’t had a drink since before I began Reta. I’m on a perfectly healthy diet and I love it. No cravings…. I could keep listing things.

Update: just stepped off the scale -30.1lbs since June 16th woo!
Yeah, Reta simply does the job — no question about it.
 
Milotic said:

This is the first GLP1 I've ever taken, and what I like most about reta is that food is still on the menu for me — the difference is how full I feel once I've eaten. Normally, the moment a meal ends, my mind jumps straight to when I'll eat again and what it'll be.

I've also got a serious sweet tooth. On reta, sweet cravings do still show up now and then, but rather than arguing with myself about whether to give in, I just take a portion of whatever I'm wanting, and that's enough — the craving is gone and I don't dwell on it. Take chocolate: I was really wanting some, so I took a portion out of a share bar, and once I'd had it I simply carried on. Ordinarily I'd have eaten the entire bar and felt miserable that it was finished. These days a share bar stretches across several days!

What are some of your favourite things?
That basically matches what you described.
 
when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
 
betterathalo said:

when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
Perhaps it's time to increase the dose?
 
Milotic said:

betterathalo said:

when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
Perhaps it's time to increase the dose?
yeah it's odd honestly. i stayed on .5mg for 5 weeks and even. after that it began to wear off so i went to 1mg and didn't get much help. then bumped to 1.5 and still nothing. then 1.75 and the relief was great. then at 2mg once more i didn't really feel it. currently on 2.5 and i feel fine. so fingers crossed it keeps working.

maybe my increments are just too small when i go up.
 
betterathalo said:

Milotic said:

betterathalo said:

when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
Perhaps it's time to increase the dose?
yeah it's odd honestly. i stayed on .5mg for 5 weeks and even. after that it began to wear off so i went to 1mg and didn't get much help. then bumped to 1.5 and still nothing. then 1.75 and the relief was great. then at 2mg once more i didn't really feel it. currently on 2.5 and i feel fine. so fingers crossed it keeps working.

maybe my increments are just too small when i go up.

Yeah, I'm with you — staying at .5 for 5 weeks means spending quite a while on a single low dose.

Take a look at the approach used in the current studies; there's no need to hold back on titrating up.
 
betterathalo said:

Milotic said:

betterathalo said:

when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
Perhaps it's time to increase the dose?
yeah it's odd honestly. i stayed on .5mg for 5 weeks and even. after that it began to wear off so i went to 1mg and didn't get much help. then bumped to 1.5 and still nothing. then 1.75 and the relief was great. then at 2mg once more i didn't really feel it. currently on 2.5 and i feel fine. so fingers crossed it keeps working.

maybe my increments are just too small when i go up.
That is pretty much what I said to you over in another thread.
 
BNLFL said:

betterathalo said:

Milotic said:

betterathalo said:

when it's doing its job, i feel amazing. my appetite is kept in check. my anxiety drops. i have more energy and better focus.

that said, some weeks it performs really well, and other weeks it feels like it's barely doing anything for me, and i still don't know the reason.
Perhaps it's time to increase the dose?
yeah it's odd honestly. i stayed on .5mg for 5 weeks and even. after that it began to wear off so i went to 1mg and didn't get much help. then bumped to 1.5 and still nothing. then 1.75 and the relief was great. then at 2mg once more i didn't really feel it. currently on 2.5 and i feel fine. so fingers crossed it keeps working.

maybe my increments are just too small when i go up.
That is pretty much what I said to you over in another thread.
yeah 100%. honestly at 2.5mg i feel just as great today as i did when i was on .5mg. today i'm really happy.

and thanks for the advice, man.
 
For me, Reta doesn't deliver the same anti-inflammatory perks that Tirz did (I started taking KPV some time back). Even so, at 3mg once a week my weight hasn't budged at all. I don't track calories, I'm still below maintenance, yet I can have a modest portion of anything I want and feel content without effort. Tirz gave me great results, sure, but it wiped out every hunger signal, so eating turned into something I did on autopilot.. lol.
 
When Tirz stopped working for me, reta got things moving again — I was able to eat quite a bit and the weight still came off. ;-)

What I couldn't stand: my RHR went up 5-10, my skin felt strange (itchy rather than a burn, really), and I had anhedonia.
 
Using it feels like giving big pharma the finger, and that's what I enjoy most.
 
Back
Top