What's the longest you've stored frozen lyophilized tirzepatide before reconstituting and injecting it?

ScienceHippo

Explorer
Joined
May 10, 2026
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I've placed a few gray-market orders by now. It's possible I went overboard—something that had never occurred to me before, back when I first wandered into a new community 🤣 /s. At my present dosage, I'm sitting on a 6-year supply of tirz; if I escalate all the way up to 15mg/wk, that drops to 2 years. Everything is stored in a hydrapeak inside my freezer.

So I'm wondering: what's the longest stretch you've left vials in the freezer, and which vial—the oldest one—have you gone ahead and reconstituted and pinned?

Just asking out of curiosity. Thanks.
 
also curious about what people will say here. you often hear the claim "i have 6 years worth," but who has actually reconstituted and injected vials that are more than just a couple years old? in the past these weren't as widespread as they are now, so i doubt many people were stockpiling 10 years worth..10 years ago.

i'm aware that with proper handling they can technically last basically forever. personally, i've got around 12 years worth sitting in my freezer. still, it would be interesting to find out who on the forum is working through the oldest doses.. somehow we should turn this into a contest
 
Ha, right on! I've come across folks who have far more than just a few orders stashed in the freezer. I'd love to hear actual firsthand accounts of tirz that's 2, 3, 4+ years old being used.
 
Skidude said:

right now I'm on a batch from 10-2024, so it's been frozen for almost 2 yrs

Alright, alright. That's exactly the kind of answer I was after.

Can anyone top 2 years?
 
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well. By now, my freezer holds a supply that will last more than 4 years. The only reason I went that route was after watching the Janoshik interview, which I assume everyone here has already come across. What worried me was the possibility that eventually shipping any packages could become hard or even out of reach. For a 120-week supply, I spent under 400, whereas going through Lilly Direct would have run 8,980. I plan to keep that freezer going for the rest of my life, holding onto a 5-year reserve whenever possible—or at least until our healthcare system starts looking out for ordinary people rather than corporate profits.
 
This isn't my own experience, so keep that in mind, but I checked with a coworker who had been building up a supply well before I ever began using Tirz.

According to her, the vial she's working through right now dates back to 4/2024 and has stayed in the freezer the entire time. In her words, nothing to complain about—it's performing the same as always.
 
For sugar control and inflammation, my husband has been taking 3mg of Tirz every week since October of 2025. I mix up Tirz from the supply I have kept in my freezer since 11/2024.
 
Back
Top