Whats The Deal With Testing?

Lewis

Explorer
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
 
Lewis said:


Hey everyone, new to this forum (few days) & new to the grey market side of peptides.

To cut a long story short, I have ordered some RT10 from one of the vendors here. The plan is to mix 10mg with 1ml of bac water and start with .1ml for the first 4 weeks to gauge response.

Anyway, what's the deal with testing, would most of this community recommend I get my batch tested? I'm in the UK and couldn't see many testing groups but looking for a bit of a steer on how many test and how many of you don't...

thanks in advance for responses

Lewis said:

Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
Was wondering the same thing myself pal. placed my first order and all COAS seem in good order but some from october so presuming there the same batch.

Click to expand...

Do you plan to have any of your batch tested prior to trying it out?
 
Jone5y87! said:

Lewis said:


Hey everyone, new to this forum (few days) & new to the grey market side of peptides.

To cut a long story short, I have ordered some RT10 from one of the vendors here. The plan is to mix 10mg with 1ml of bac water and start with .1ml for the first 4 weeks to gauge response.

Anyway, what's the deal with testing, would most of this community recommend I get my batch tested? I'm in the UK and couldn't see many testing groups but looking for a bit of a steer on how many test and how many of you don't...

thanks in advance for responses

Lewis said:

Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
Was wondering the same thing myself pal. placed my first order and all COAS seem in good order but some from october so presuming there the same batch.

Click to expand...

Do you plan to have any of your batch tested prior to trying it out?
I've been considering it, but since I'm completely new to this, I don't know what the costs are, how I'd go about it here in the UK, and so on...

My tracking number from the vendor hasn't arrived yet, so if I decide to test it, I've got some time to figure things out.
 
Lewis said:

Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
There are testing groups over on telegram that you could look into. If you know your batch, there's a chance a group has already tested it and put out the results.
 
BNLFL said:

Is the vendor unable to provide them, or does no COA exist?
The telegram group does have COA’s, though from what I gather they may not carry much weight since they’re simple to fake…

and from what I’ve read about testing, the majority of tests look at purity instead of toxins… that’s at least the impression I’ve come away with.

Given that the vendor is present on this forum and has 8k members in a Group with positive reviews all over, my concern is fairly low, but I was curious what others think about testing
 
Lewis said:

Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
Same situation here. My choice was RT20. A few people on this forum were discussing a testing group they belonged to quite a bit. That group had recently run extensive tests on a particular vendor. I came across their 3rd party results on discord, and seeing that my batch number was among those they had tested put my mind at ease.
 
About 2 weeks back, I received a batch of Reta20. Apparently the factory had labelling mixups, which means no COA came from the vendor, and a lot of folks are quite curious.

Since I couldn't get into a testing group to check whether this batch had been independently tested, I shipped a vial to Janoshik for testing. ($356) As one person alone, that's really pricey, but I have kits from the same batch, so I wanted it tested.

Someday I hope to locate a testing group I can join. Or figure out how to arrange shared payment for testing particular batches from particular vendors.
 
Suppose you send a single vial off for testing — how confident are you really that the result tells you anything about the rest of your order?
 
staffn1 said:

Suppose you send a single vial off for testing — how confident are you really that the result tells you anything about the rest of your order?
On top of that, vials containing a completely different peptide carried identical label details. That's the main reason I decided to get testing done.
 
QueenMuntha said:

About 2 weeks back, I received a batch of Reta20. Apparently the factory had labelling mixups, which means no COA came from the vendor, and a lot of folks are quite curious.

Since I couldn't get into a testing group to check whether this batch had been independently tested, I shipped a vial to Janoshik for testing. ($356) As one person alone, that's really pricey, but I have kits from the same batch, so I wanted it tested.

Someday I hope to locate a testing group I can join. Or figure out how to arrange shared payment for testing particular batches from particular vendors.
Ahh I've come across a handful of remarks regarding labels getting swapped. Fingers crossed my initial order shows up with the right labels - that would be a decent start lol.

When you shipped one of your vials off for testing, did the results come back looking good?
 
QueenMuntha said:

staffn1 said:

Suppose you send a single vial off for testing — how confident are you really that the result tells you anything about the rest of your order?
On top of that, vials containing a completely different peptide carried identical label details. That's the main reason I decided to get testing done.
Testing a single vial from what you bought won't really reveal anything about the rest of them, as far as I can tell. That said, if it puts your mind at ease, then maybe there's some value in that.
 
Getting things tested is never a bad move, but there's no need to work yourself up over batch numbers and labels. We're dealing with grey market stuff here, not pharmaceutical grade, and honestly a vendor's "batch number" has about as much value as the sticker it's printed on - which is exactly what the ongoing Jeep confusion shows (and I assume that's what people keep bringing up). You could speculate that vials bought at roughly the same time with matching cap colours "might" come from one batch, but even that can't be guaranteed. The only real approach is to get into a testing group and test on a regular basis so vendors stay accountable - and even with that, there's no guarantee the product is 100% legit. Like I said, that's the difference between grey and pharma. Risk can be reduced, but it can't be wiped out.
 
Lewis said:

Hey everyone, I've only been on this forum a few days & I'm also just starting out with the grey market peptide side of things.

Long story short, I picked up some RT10 from a vendor listed here. My plan: combine 10mg with 1ml of bac water, then begin at .1ml for the first 4 weeks so I can judge how I respond.

So, what's the situation with testing? Would the majority of this community suggest I have my batch tested? I'm based in the UK and didn't find many testing groups, so I'm hoping for some direction on how many people test versus how many skip it...

thanks in advance for any replies 🙂
Like you, I'm waiting on my first order and I don't know how to approach testing and similar matters. I believe I've located a trustworthy vendor with positive feedback, but based on what I've read, it seems like most people have at least 1 test done.. or is that not the case 🤦🏽‍♀️
 
I haven’t personally tried this before, but a buddy of mine is having his tested along with a group, and they’re arranging payments and such via this website. The group decided by vote which company to test with, who donates a vial, who covers the cost, and whether the results get shared with anyone outside the paying group once testing is done.



6fa5cfa00cc5c8689fcba03e8a44a014bc6b0f6486b51bf4d2c69d3fd789cd38.png




login | Test My Peptide



A community-driven platform for collaborative batch-level peptide testing, ensuring quality and transparency through shared funding and verified results.

425cf0ee27a78c065bcad79b96f3e415d3c2e22be235ed9e3bd6b8887eee21d2.png



testmypeptide.com
 
I’ve stopped doing (routine) testing. If the manufacturing process is sloppy, purity can differ from vial to vial, and the same holds true for sterility and endotoxins.

Like @Abrakebabra mentioned, we’re dealing with the gray market. Pharmacy-level supervision and quality control aren’t something you should count on. What you’re doing here is swapping insurance for trust (and cheaper prices). A few ‘established’ sellers have shown themselves to be generally reliable. That’s as good as it gets.

To reduce the risk somewhat: filter your peps and use proper aseptic technique.
 
Testing has its flaws and limits, but when something is going into your body, gathering whatever information you can about it still makes sense.

In this market we've encountered mislabeled vials, double mass, products with no peptide at all, the incorrect peptide, and even 2 peptides in one, plus sterility and endotoxin failures are turning up more often.

Get as much testing done as you can, reconstitute with Hospira bacteriostatic water, and filter after mixing — that's the harm reduction path.

Send me a DM with the vendor and batch details and I'll check whether any 3rd party tests exist for it.
 
RetCurious said:

Testing has its flaws and limits, but when something is going into your body, gathering whatever information you can about it still makes sense.

In this market we've encountered mislabeled vials, double mass, products with no peptide at all, the incorrect peptide, and even 2 peptides in one, plus sterility and endotoxin failures are turning up more often.

Get as much testing done as you can, reconstitute with Hospira bacteriostatic water, and filter after mixing — that's the harm reduction path.

Send me a DM with the vendor and batch details and I'll check whether any 3rd party tests exist for it.
Thanks, it's on its way — tracking came through today. Might sound silly, but what's the way to send a dm on here? 😂
 
Testing ought to be something you do every time. There have been cases where peptides got swapped around, and a few came back showing no active ingredient at all. Not long ago, one vendor's vial held something completely different from what the label claimed — sounds like cots. Another vendor was caught selling water with red dye as b12, plus peptides that were either incorrect or entirely absent. That ought to worry you, since this is going straight into your body.
 
Independent lab results ought to make sellers keep an eye on what they're putting out! I belong to a few testing communities and have given vials, though I haven't touched any of them yet. They're sitting in the freezer for now, just in case something odd shows up. I pay for Endotoxin testing out of my own pocket since I'm on rheumatism medication and need to be sure what's going into my body for my immune system.
 
Back
Top