What works for depression once SSRIs fall short — Semax, or something else?

Chili777 said:

4ResearchPurposes said:

Goonwise said:

Bird_of_Hermes said:

bk0004 said:

Hello, and a big thank you to everyone who offered suggestions and shared what worked for them.

After considerably more digging on our end, the decision is to try a stack of Selank, Semax, and possibly P21. I figured I'd log the process here in case it proves useful to someone later on.

The approach is to bring them in one at a time, so any reaction or unwanted side effect can be pinned down before the next addition.

Current plan:

Selank


  • Begin at 250 mcg SC
  • Step up to 500 mcg gradually, provided it's tolerated well
Semax

  • Begin at 250 mcg SC
  • Step up to 500 mcg gradually, provided it's tolerated well
P21

  • Once two full cycles of Selank and Semax are behind us, take stock of mood and anxiety.
  • Then, depending on where she stands, either fine-tune the existing protocol or bring in P21 (intanasal) at that stage.
I'll keep posting updates as we go, for anyone who wants to follow how it turns out. Hopefully what we learn will be of use to others weighing a similar path.
Personally, I'd be aiming at Adamax and Adalank.

I've no first-hand experience with either, but the proper full fat versions — rather than the junk most vendors push while passing it off as the real thing — last considerably longer and outperform Semax/Selank.
Does any vendor stock adalank? Not one of the suppliers I buy from has ever listed that pep.
My friendly AI tells me adalank is N-Acetyl Selank Amidate, and a number of vendors around here do stock that. If what you're after is the counterpart to Adamax, the version carrying an Adamantane — no, I haven't come across it for sale.
True Adalank is meant to work that way though — it's the corollary to Adamax. NA Selank with the adamantane cage sitting on the end, or NA+Selank+adamantane. Weight should land around ~930 Da. Genuine stuff has only turned up so far with a few single vial and spray sellers, which is why I'm not buying it.
Possibly demand is too thin for anyone to bother producing it. I'd jump at the chance to get my hands on genuine Adalank.
 
bk0004 said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

bk0004 said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

I realize you already covered herbs and ssri, but has she ever given mushrooms a go? There's evidence they help. On the peptide front: I've dealt with anxiety ever since I gave birth 5 years ago — birth ptsd — and selank has brought a little relief. Semax winds me up, so that one's out for me. Adamax is something I've only just begun reading about, and it might suit me better. You can also sub q the semax and selank; others make a nasal spray out of them. Whether the effect differs I couldn't say, but sub q is what I do. I'd really hoped selank would do more for me…honestly, no ssri or snri has ever helped, and tbh at this point I feel like I'm simply broken and stuck suffering forever 😫
Never crossed my mind — shrooms for her could be quite the experience. 😂
I probably should have been clearer — I don't mean just eating shrooms, lmao, it's microdosing. There are ways to buy it online, in capsules, and otherwise. Mine came as a chocolate powder, which I stirred into my coffee. It did a lot of good for a while
Only joking. 😉 Nobody here is suggesting heroic doses of magic mushrooms.

Do you mean lion's mane and reishi? I came across drink mixes and gummies containing both, and a handful of people were saying good things about them.
Well, you weren't entirely off base lol — it is the trippin kind.… psilocybin. Roughly a year back I found people microdosing it and reporting big gains in mood and emotional support. The brand I went with for my stuff was Soul Cybin. Their blends also fold in the other mushrooms.
 
Chili777 said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

I realize you already covered herbs and ssri, but has she ever given mushrooms a go? There's evidence they help. On the peptide front: I've dealt with anxiety ever since I gave birth 5 years ago — birth ptsd — and selank has brought a little relief. Semax winds me up, so that one's out for me. Adamax is something I've only just begun reading about, and it might suit me better. You can also sub q the semax and selank; others make a nasal spray out of them. Whether the effect differs I couldn't say, but sub q is what I do. I'd really hoped selank would do more for me…honestly, no ssri or snri has ever helped, and tbh at this point I feel like I'm simply broken and stuck suffering forever 😫
When Semax winds you up, Adamax ramps that up tenfold.

Has PE-22-28 come onto your radar? Plenty of RSs report it lifting mood and easing depression, though no human studies back it up.

What about Oxytocin? If Selank suits you, take a look at NA Selank Amidate as well. It's a touch stronger and sticks around longer.
When seasonal depression hits, PE 22-28 makes a real difference for me. I use it intranasally, together with a larger amount of vitamin D.
 
Goonwise said:

Chili777 said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

I realize you already covered herbs and ssri, but has she ever given mushrooms a go? There's evidence they help. On the peptide front: I've dealt with anxiety ever since I gave birth 5 years ago — birth ptsd — and selank has brought a little relief. Semax winds me up, so that one's out for me. Adamax is something I've only just begun reading about, and it might suit me better. You can also sub q the semax and selank; others make a nasal spray out of them. Whether the effect differs I couldn't say, but sub q is what I do. I'd really hoped selank would do more for me…honestly, no ssri or snri has ever helped, and tbh at this point I feel like I'm simply broken and stuck suffering forever 😫
When Semax winds you up, Adamax ramps that up tenfold.

Has PE-22-28 come onto your radar? Plenty of RSs report it lifting mood and easing depression, though no human studies back it up.

What about Oxytocin? If Selank suits you, take a look at NA Selank Amidate as well. It's a touch stronger and sticks around longer.
When seasonal depression hits, PE 22-28 makes a real difference for me. I use it intranasally, together with a larger amount of vitamin D.
Yours is the 5th RS I've seen report the same thing. I've got some coming from a GB. Eventually.
 
Back
Top