What to do?

dayumay said:

skaylife said:

dayumay said:

skaylife said:

Seems like your package ended up at the wrong address, and I doubt the supplier will send another one, since tracking shows it as delivered. I ran into a similar situation not long ago. My door number is 44/1, yet the parcel was left at number 1 on the same street. Fortunately, my phone number was on the label too, and the recipient turned out to be honest. He rang me up and said the package had arrived at his place.

I work as a subcontractor for UPS, moving UPS containers to local distribution centers or picking them up from industrial clients. The best thing you can do is go to one of the delivery company's distribution centers and explain what happened. The scanners they carry record the GPS coordinates for every delivery. If they're willing, they can locate the address where it was dropped off using the GPS logs from the scanner. Those logs get uploaded to their servers every day, and they can be pulled up simply by providing the tracking number. However, only staff with the right access can do this. You need to ask politely, stay persistent, and be patient. Arguing or yelling at them won't fix anything.

A major issue with small deliveries is how many packages each van must handle daily. Every van is assigned around 150 addresses per day, and subcontractors get paid per package delivered. They're always rushing against the clock and often have new hires. Inexperienced workers make too many mistakes due to the added pressure. Most of what we order comes with free shipping, and everyone appreciates that. Your supplier might be charged something like $30~50 per delivery. But that doesn't mean they pass the full amount to the delivery service. If they did, they ought to be insured. Good luck!
The package also had my right phone number written on it, so in case it went to a different address, they would probably ring me. Around here, the local courier always phones ahead of delivery to verify the address and check that someone is in. I order frequently and have never run into any problems.
It's genuinely great that you're keeping such an upbeat attitude. As long as nothing has actually shown up, nearly every vendor will send a replacement. In your case, though, the tracking record finishes with a delivery confirmation. If the vendor takes your word for it, a reship is possible. If not, there's nothing to be done, and nobody could really criticize a vendor for refusing to reship something marked as delivered. I buy from China through various vendors and always provide my phone number and e-mail address, yet I've never once seen them put detailed info on the label. Usually I'm able to follow each package by its tracking number through our system, since the majority of carriers lack tracking systems of their own and rely on our global one. One vendor I use ships via DHL. Delivery takes roughly 3 weeks, and I have no tracking ability at all until the parcel arrives on EU soil. There's only 1 way to explain that: the package travels to Germany under a different carrier, and DHL picks it up from there. Another vendor uses GLY SZ, and I can't track those shipments at all until they've already been delivered. Those arrive within 1 week, though, at odd hours such as 10:30PM. Once delivered, the tracking tool then marks it as delivered.

Our distribution center handles somewhere between 300K~350K packages per day, with a maximum capacity of 500K. Think about how much attention an uninsured package can really get from a carrier. Besides, not everyone who gets the wrong package bothers to call you.
Is 32 days too soon to request a refund? I'm hoping I'll get one.

I've reached out to the seller several times, asking them to get in touch with the delivery carrier, but they never get back to me. It's just silence. When I ask again, I get the same reply, yeah.

I get that parcels go missing sometimes—with the sheer volume of packages going out daily, errors are bound to happen.
Requesting your money back is already an option.
 
Back
Top