What to do? 7mg split dose trz and then 7 reta every 3.5 days

You stay so busy — racking up steps, doing weight training, running exercise classes, and injecting a few glps on a consistent schedule — yet the scale won't budge. That's just not fair! You admitted that snacks and trail mix have crept back in, and while others already said it, that sounds like the biggest suspect. Tracking what you eat and counting calories could help, because then you can aim for smaller, more concrete targets you can actually measure. It's probably time to unbox that smart scale and open the app. In the meantime, give yourself credit for everything you've managed so far.
 
Spork said:

Those little Costco trail mix pouches are pure temptation! lol

Sure, a lot of the ingredients are good for you, and the nuts do supply protein, but honestly, the m&m's are what really define the whole thing!

Remind me, what's the calorie count per package?

Basically "sWeEtS iN a sAcK..."
 
Spork said:

Those little Costco trail mix pouches are pure temptation! lol

Sure, a lot of the ingredients are good for you, and the nuts do supply protein, but honestly, the m&m's are what really define the whole thing!

Remind me, what's the calorie count per package?

That's a whole lot 😂😂💩
 
reta-stacker said:

You stay so busy — racking up steps, doing weight training, running exercise classes, and injecting a few glps on a consistent schedule — yet the scale won't budge. That's just not fair! You admitted that snacks and trail mix have crept back in, and while others already said it, that sounds like the biggest suspect. Tracking what you eat and counting calories could help, because then you can aim for smaller, more concrete targets you can actually measure. It's probably time to unbox that smart scale and open the app. In the meantime, give yourself credit for everything you've managed so far.
I really appreciate it.. yeah, the culprit is trail mix, candy bars, and chips. There's a huge bingo cabinet that independent residents keep stocked, and it's overflowing with tasty junk — fig newtons, Costco's chip variety pack, mini candy bars and chocolates, circus animal cookies, vanilla wafers. Whatever you can think of, if it's unhealthy and tasty, it's sitting in there. My desk is only about ten feet from it, which feels like a crime 😭.

I managed to tune it out for many months, but now it lingers in my peripheral vision the way a hot and crazy ex gf would.

And yeah, I'm really fortunate to get the amount of exercise I do, plus I get to pick which exercises we do and the rep counts. Oh, and 15 to 30 minutes of stretching daily as well. And I'm paid a decent wage for it. I could have my assistants run the classes — I used to — but I've taken over ALL the different exercise classes except dance 🕺 😅😂🤣
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

It seems like your current intake is at maintenance level, snacks included. That's not necessarily a problem.

I strongly suggest logging every single thing you eat. There's an old saying: [[Q2]] Grab a food scale from Amazon—it's a pain at first, but it gets easier. The upside is that most of us are habitual eaters and rotate through the same twelve or so foods most of the time. Samsung Health has a food tracking function built in, and you can save each meal as a custom entry for later. I'd assume Apple offers something similar. If not, there are plenty of other apps available.

Try this for the coming week without making any adjustments. That gives us a reliable starting point. With that number in hand, we can begin tweaking things gradually. After that first week, I'd cut my average daily calories by only 100. You could do it through pure discipline, but that's miserable—or you could bump the tirz up slightly. I don't know much about cagri, though many people seem to like it. Then, if the scale starts moving after removing 100 calories per day and you're satisfied with the pace, you're set. If not, remove another 100 per day for the following week. Repeat this cycle until you're dropping weight at a steady, tolerable rate. For me, small adjustments are simpler to manage.

Remember that as we lose weight, our basal metabolic rate drops naturally.

The other thing is finding time to lift weights. I've rediscovered my love for lifting. It played a big role in my life during my teens and 20s.

The greatest benefit: once you move out of a cutting phase and build some extra muscle, you get to eat more. By that stage, food changes from something you enjoy for pleasure into fuel—still tasty, but a different headspace. That's how it works for me; I suppose it varies from person to person, so your experience might differ.

You've already come a long way, don't lose sight of that. Picture carrying all the weight you've shed in a backpack and wearing it from morning to night. You'd be wiped out.

Keep pushing!
Appreciate it, my friend!

That's quite a bit to take in — I hope you were on a keyboard rather than typing all of it on a phone!

An amazon scale is actually something I own, lol it's been unopened in its box ever since it arrived from amazon. Truthfully, the daytime snacking is the problem, and I already know that's what keeps me sitting at maintenance. I also have a food tracking app I paid for, "loseit", bought 1 year and 10 months back, and I haven't touched it either 😂 you're right that I should be logging it, particularly the junk I've been eating that has put a stop to the weight loss.

So my plan is to raise the tirz, log the calories, and see what happens from there. Solid advice all around, my friend.

Weight lifting is something I genuinely love too, and I train 5 days each week. It isn't even optional for me — running senior fitness classes felt crazy back when I was 330 pounds, and it feels even crazier now since I get so much more enjoyment out of it.

Thanks once more!

🤗🤗🤗🤩

Maybe there's a bit of masochism in me — I wrote the whole thing out on my phone. Could also be that Friday's leg session had me feeling it, so staying put on the couch wasn't happening ; ).
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
I don't claim to be a professional, physician, or dietitian..

Still, after following your recent posts, I can offer a thought.

Before your medical needs arose, you went several weeks cold turkey and put weight back on

The medical problem involves wanting your body to heal while also craving more food

Your levels dropped and haven't had the chance to recover yet

Whatever you feed your Biome, that's what it wants VIDEO HERE and it's been indulging...

You're free to raise it if you like, but things may sort themselves out once the levels climb again and the snacking eases off.

Best of luck!
 
I've been using both Triz and Reta for 14 weeks at this point, and I'm down 58 pounds. Each one is dosed at 5/5mg, taken every 6 days, with a 2-day gap separating the Reta and Triz doses.
 
Skidude said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
I don't claim to be a professional, physician, or dietitian..

Still, after following your recent posts, I can offer a thought.

Before your medical needs arose, you went several weeks cold turkey and put weight back on

The medical problem involves wanting your body to heal while also craving more food

Your levels dropped and haven't had the chance to recover yet

Whatever you feed your Biome, that's what it wants VIDEO HERE and it's been indulging...

You're free to raise it if you like, but things may sort themselves out once the levels climb again and the snacking eases off.

Best of luck!
Thanks!! You're 100 percent right, I think! You might have a future as a dr. or nutritionist lol!!! This morning I bumped tirz by 1 mg, so now it's 8mg weekly; reta will either stay at 7 or come down a bit later this week. Appreciate the heads-up!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Skidude said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
I don't claim to be a professional, physician, or dietitian..

Still, after following your recent posts, I can offer a thought.

Before your medical needs arose, you went several weeks cold turkey and put weight back on

The medical problem involves wanting your body to heal while also craving more food

Your levels dropped and haven't had the chance to recover yet

Whatever you feed your Biome, that's what it wants VIDEO HERE and it's been indulging...

You're free to raise it if you like, but things may sort themselves out once the levels climb again and the snacking eases off.

Best of luck!
Thanks!! You're 100 percent right, I think! You might have a future as a dr. or nutritionist lol!!! This morning I bumped tirz by 1 mg, so now it's 8mg weekly; reta will either stay at 7 or come down a bit later this week. Appreciate the heads-up!

What's the reasoning behind adjusting 2 factors in conflicting ways? That looks like it would work against itself, unless side effects are the issue.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

reta-stacker said:

You stay so busy — racking up steps, doing weight training, running exercise classes, and injecting a few glps on a consistent schedule — yet the scale won't budge. That's just not fair! You admitted that snacks and trail mix have crept back in, and while others already said it, that sounds like the biggest suspect. Tracking what you eat and counting calories could help, because then you can aim for smaller, more concrete targets you can actually measure. It's probably time to unbox that smart scale and open the app. In the meantime, give yourself credit for everything you've managed so far.
I really appreciate it.. yeah, the culprit is trail mix, candy bars, and chips. There's a huge bingo cabinet that independent residents keep stocked, and it's overflowing with tasty junk — fig newtons, Costco's chip variety pack, mini candy bars and chocolates, circus animal cookies, vanilla wafers. Whatever you can think of, if it's unhealthy and tasty, it's sitting in there. My desk is only about ten feet from it, which feels like a crime 😭.

I managed to tune it out for many months, but now it lingers in my peripheral vision the way a hot and crazy ex gf would.

And yeah, I'm really fortunate to get the amount of exercise I do, plus I get to pick which exercises we do and the rep counts. Oh, and 15 to 30 minutes of stretching daily as well. And I'm paid a decent wage for it. I could have my assistants run the classes — I used to — but I've taken over ALL the different exercise classes except dance 🕺 😅😂🤣

Wow, that's nothing but sugar and processed junk. Swap it out for apples, oranges, and bananas.
 
Alright, here's the deal: I've been a grown man for more than 50 damn years. That's plenty of time to lock in some seriously stubborn routines. Right now I'm parked here with a stomachache because I overate. Meanwhile, my head's full of biscuits & gravy. And cinnamon rolls. I put this up somewhere else not long ago: I am one hard-headed son of a bitch. This stuff has to be allowed to teach us. For the past couple of months I've been queasy for no good reason. I'm so damn stubborn that I barely even mind. You know what actually happens if I don't clean my plate? I end up feeling better, and I dropped two pounds! WTF!?! Not trying to lecture anybody, just telling it like it is, brother!
 
Sasquatch said:

Alright, here's the deal: I've been a grown man for more than 50 damn years. That's plenty of time to lock in some seriously stubborn routines. Right now I'm parked here with a stomachache because I overate. Meanwhile, my head's full of biscuits & gravy. And cinnamon rolls. I put this up somewhere else not long ago: I am one hard-headed son of a bitch. This stuff has to be allowed to teach us. For the past couple of months I've been queasy for no good reason. I'm so damn stubborn that I barely even mind. You know what actually happens if I don't clean my plate? I end up feeling better, and I dropped two pounds! WTF!?! Not trying to lecture anybody, just telling it like it is, brother!
I needed to change how I look at this. Whether I (1) quit eating and toss the rest, or (2) clean my plate since it's already there and I hate wasting food, the food ends up "wasted" either way, because my body doesn't need it. Going with option 1 is the smarter call.
 
woundcarping said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Skidude said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
I don't claim to be a professional, physician, or dietitian..

Still, after following your recent posts, I can offer a thought.

Before your medical needs arose, you went several weeks cold turkey and put weight back on

The medical problem involves wanting your body to heal while also craving more food

Your levels dropped and haven't had the chance to recover yet

Whatever you feed your Biome, that's what it wants VIDEO HERE and it's been indulging...

You're free to raise it if you like, but things may sort themselves out once the levels climb again and the snacking eases off.

Best of luck!
Thanks!! You're 100 percent right, I think! You might have a future as a dr. or nutritionist lol!!! This morning I bumped tirz by 1 mg, so now it's 8mg weekly; reta will either stay at 7 or come down a bit later this week. Appreciate the heads-up!

What's the reasoning behind adjusting 2 factors in conflicting ways? That looks like it would work against itself, unless side effects are the issue.

With retatrutide I get side effects. The diarrhea is explosive and goes on for days. If there's a way, I'd like to reduce that somewhat.
 
Seems to me like upping the reta would help, though I'm no expert. Given that you're dealing with the reverse problem, maybe try fiber that digests more slowly.

From what I've been through, whenever progress halts, I have one day where I take in a ton of protein. Korean BBQ is a good instance. Really aim to push in some larger calorie amounts. Keep up the daily cardio too. And regardless of what my current tdee calculates, I eat around 500 to 750 under the suggested amount for losing 2 pounds weekly at my activity level. Stay on top of drinking water. If nothing's moving in the bathroom, I'll take miralax for a few days to get things going again. That got me past the stall. Everything's great now.
 
I've been using triz for 11 months and appetite suppression has been flawless.

Then I stacked reta on top to shift the final 20lbs, and now I'm constantly hungry. What the hell is happening?
 
For me, Cagri is great… my routine is .25 mg once every ten to 14 days, and I only take it when needed. Tirz is at 5mg and Reta at 2mg, both every 5-6 days (I lowered from ten mg Tirz once I began adding Reta).

Cagri really shuts down my snack urges, yet I can still eat healthy foods without feeling like I'll gag. No sides or fatigue that I've noticed… though the other drugs haven't given me sides either.
 
finesse said:

I've been using triz for 11 months and appetite suppression has been flawless.

Then I stacked reta on top to shift the final 20lbs, and now I'm constantly hungry. What the hell is happening?
How many mg of tirz are you taking? What's your total weight loss so far? Did your progress stall prior to introducing reta? How many weeks have you been on reta, and at what dose?

It does happen that some folks notice more hunger or cravings for sweets when they first begin reta, yet over time it reliably suppresses appetite since it's so potent for driving weight loss. If you've stuck with it long enough — around 4 to 6 weeks — and you're still dealing with extra hunger, then drop the reta and raise your tirz dose provided you haven't reached 15mg; if 15mg is already your dose, you could consider adding a low dose of cagri or elora.
 
lessthanhalf said:

finesse said:

I've been using triz for 11 months and appetite suppression has been flawless.

Then I stacked reta on top to shift the final 20lbs, and now I'm constantly hungry. What the hell is happening?
How many mg of tirz are you taking? What's your total weight loss so far? Did your progress stall prior to introducing reta? How many weeks have you been on reta, and at what dose?

It does happen that some folks notice more hunger or cravings for sweets when they first begin reta, yet over time it reliably suppresses appetite since it's so potent for driving weight loss. If you've stuck with it long enough — around 4 to 6 weeks — and you're still dealing with extra hunger, then drop the reta and raise your tirz dose provided you haven't reached 15mg; if 15mg is already your dose, you could consider adding a low dose of cagri or elora.
Appreciate the response.

For 11 months I've been using mj/triz. Down 80lbs. It was working really well. I stepped the dose up gradually until I reached 8.5mg. My weight loss has NOT plateaued.

I added 2mg reta. Since I had no idea how stacking would play out, I dropped triz to 5mg for 1 week.

No side effects have shown up so far, which means I'll go back up to 8.5mg.

I'm going to try this and watch whether anything gets better.

Separately, even though I've been eating more, I've dropped more weight and gotten leaner....
 
Back
Top