What to do? 7mg split dose trz and then 7 reta every 3.5 days

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
 
The only thing I can share is my own routine: 7.5 mg of Tirz each week alongside 10 mg of Reta weekly (the Tirz was just cut down from 10 mg). Typically I inject on Tuesday and Friday. Shorter gaps between shots were something I experimented with, but they add too much hassle for no real benefit.

Half-life figures you see are averages, so a difference of half a day isn't worth stressing over. Let your side effects and the return of hunger guide your adjustments.

With Reta, an early Phase 1 trial indicated the half-life grows as the dose goes up. The average often cited is 144 hours, yet real-world data shows 95% of patients fall somewhere between 6 and 8 days.

When injections are given too close together, receptor saturation can happen, since the level in your system swings less. Spreading the shots further apart lets you generate a pulse.
 
eidos said:

The only thing I can share is my own routine: 7.5 mg of Tirz each week alongside 10 mg of Reta weekly (the Tirz was just cut down from 10 mg). Typically I inject on Tuesday and Friday. Shorter gaps between shots were something I experimented with, but they add too much hassle for no real benefit.

Half-life figures you see are averages, so a difference of half a day isn't worth stressing over. Let your side effects and the return of hunger guide your adjustments.

With Reta, an early Phase 1 trial indicated the half-life grows as the dose goes up. The average often cited is 144 hours, yet real-world data shows 95% of patients fall somewhere between 6 and 8 days.

When injections are given too close together, receptor saturation can happen, since the level in your system swings less. Spreading the shots further apart lets you generate a pulse.
Thanks — right now I inject Monday mornings and Friday mornings. Bumping reta by a couple mg seems like a solid plan; that would land me at roughly the same dosing as yours!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.

Your own side effects and what you prefer will really drive this call.

My routine: 9mg Reta on Monday night, then again Friday morning.

On Thursday of last week I injected .25mg Sema, and I added .125mg today. Curious to see how it plays out — .25mg felt like too much for me. Tirz, Cagri, or Elora might suit me better... Elora isn't something I have on hand at this point.

I'm sitting near 217lb, and I figure there's roughly 30lb left before I hit the upper end of my target.
 
woundcarping said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.

Your own side effects and what you prefer will really drive this call.

My routine: 9mg Reta on Monday night, then again Friday morning.

On Thursday of last week I injected .25mg Sema, and I added .125mg today. Curious to see how it plays out — .25mg felt like too much for me. Tirz, Cagri, or Elora might suit me better... Elora isn't something I have on hand at this point.

I'm sitting near 217lb, and I figure there's roughly 30lb left before I hit the upper end of my target.
Yeah, our weights are pretty close at this point, and the amount we want to drop is similar too. Sema and cagri are both still untested for me. I keep intending to order cagri, but I'm hunting for a US source that stocks it alongside bb5 or bb10, so I can grab everything in one order.

On top of that, from what I've read cagri wipes you out and leaves you fatigued. That's just not workable for me — my job demands a lot of energy, and dragging through it while feeling like death from pills, alcohol, or anything else is awful.

Elora is something I'd really like to test, but even through group buys it runs close to 2 bucks per mg, so no thanks.

Most likely I'll bump my tirz, since there's a chance that helps with the hunger. Honestly, reta has handled hunger fairly well too whenever I raise the dose.
 
Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.
 
TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.
 
I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a replay of the rat experiment in which semaglutide was halted and then resumed, with those animals gaining weight during the gap and, with each subsequent restart of the GLP drug, ultimately achieving progressively less weight loss. What you're describing does sound like the same dose is now providing weaker appetite suppression than it did prior to the month-long break.

One possible explanation occurred to me: if you resumed at the same or a comparable dose instead of starting lower and titrating up, your blood levels will be far below steady state (roughly half), since reaching steady state again at that dose takes 4 weeks. That alone could readily account for what you're going through, and in principle the issue ought to resolve by the 4th dose/week. Alternatively, you could enter your doses into glp plotter to identify when blood levels become consistent. If your restart was on the 11th, then this explanation fits.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

Mate... tracking your calories is a must. There's no way around it. The simple pounds are gone, so now it's time to get serious.

Nice work on the weight loss!

When it comes to stacking, my advice is to keep raising the reta dose until either side effects show up or you hit a level that actually works
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

It seems like your current intake is at maintenance level, snacks included. That's not necessarily a problem.

I strongly suggest logging every single thing you eat. There's an old saying: [[Q2]] Grab a food scale from Amazon—it's a pain at first, but it gets easier. The upside is that most of us are habitual eaters and rotate through the same twelve or so foods most of the time. Samsung Health has a food tracking function built in, and you can save each meal as a custom entry for later. I'd assume Apple offers something similar. If not, there are plenty of other apps available.

Try this for the coming week without making any adjustments. That gives us a reliable starting point. With that number in hand, we can begin tweaking things gradually. After that first week, I'd cut my average daily calories by only 100. You could do it through pure discipline, but that's miserable—or you could bump the tirz up slightly. I don't know much about cagri, though many people seem to like it. Then, if the scale starts moving after removing 100 calories per day and you're satisfied with the pace, you're set. If not, remove another 100 per day for the following week. Repeat this cycle until you're dropping weight at a steady, tolerable rate. For me, small adjustments are simpler to manage.

Remember that as we lose weight, our basal metabolic rate drops naturally.

The other thing is finding time to lift weights. I've rediscovered my love for lifting. It played a big role in my life during my teens and 20s.

The greatest benefit: once you move out of a cutting phase and build some extra muscle, you get to eat more. By that stage, food changes from something you enjoy for pleasure into fuel—still tasty, but a different headspace. That's how it works for me; I suppose it varies from person to person, so your experience might differ.

You've already come a long way, don't lose sight of that. Picture carrying all the weight you've shed in a backpack and wearing it from morning to night. You'd be wiped out.

Keep pushing!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
Cagri is what got my progress going. Each Monday I take 6.5 mg Tirz + 0.8mg cagri, and each Friday I take 6.5 reta + 0.8mg cagri. On top of that, I use Semax for energy as needed, typically every other day, plus 2-3 drops of Lugol iodine every other day. My response was very slow, but over the past month I dropped 5lb. So whatever I'm doing seems to be having an effect.
 
TacoLifter420 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

It seems like your current intake is at maintenance level, snacks included. That's not necessarily a problem.

I strongly suggest logging every single thing you eat. There's an old saying: [[Q2]] Grab a food scale from Amazon—it's a pain at first, but it gets easier. The upside is that most of us are habitual eaters and rotate through the same twelve or so foods most of the time. Samsung Health has a food tracking function built in, and you can save each meal as a custom entry for later. I'd assume Apple offers something similar. If not, there are plenty of other apps available.

Try this for the coming week without making any adjustments. That gives us a reliable starting point. With that number in hand, we can begin tweaking things gradually. After that first week, I'd cut my average daily calories by only 100. You could do it through pure discipline, but that's miserable—or you could bump the tirz up slightly. I don't know much about cagri, though many people seem to like it. Then, if the scale starts moving after removing 100 calories per day and you're satisfied with the pace, you're set. If not, remove another 100 per day for the following week. Repeat this cycle until you're dropping weight at a steady, tolerable rate. For me, small adjustments are simpler to manage.

Remember that as we lose weight, our basal metabolic rate drops naturally.

The other thing is finding time to lift weights. I've rediscovered my love for lifting. It played a big role in my life during my teens and 20s.

The greatest benefit: once you move out of a cutting phase and build some extra muscle, you get to eat more. By that stage, food changes from something you enjoy for pleasure into fuel—still tasty, but a different headspace. That's how it works for me; I suppose it varies from person to person, so your experience might differ.

You've already come a long way, don't lose sight of that. Picture carrying all the weight you've shed in a backpack and wearing it from morning to night. You'd be wiped out.

Keep pushing!
Appreciate it, my friend!

That's quite a bit to take in — I hope you were on a keyboard rather than typing all of it on a phone!

An amazon scale is actually something I own, lol it's been unopened in its box ever since it arrived from amazon. Truthfully, the daytime snacking is the problem, and I already know that's what keeps me sitting at maintenance. I also have a food tracking app I paid for, "loseit", bought 1 year and 10 months back, and I haven't touched it either 😂 you're right that I should be logging it, particularly the junk I've been eating that has put a stop to the weight loss.

So my plan is to raise the tirz, log the calories, and see what happens from there. Solid advice all around, my friend.

Weight lifting is something I genuinely love too, and I train 5 days each week. It isn't even optional for me — running senior fitness classes felt crazy back when I was 330 pounds, and it feels even crazier now since I get so much more enjoyment out of it.

Thanks once more!

🤗🤗🤗🤩
 
FRMN01 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
Cagri is what got my progress going. Each Monday I take 6.5 mg Tirz + 0.8mg cagri, and each Friday I take 6.5 reta + 0.8mg cagri. On top of that, I use Semax for energy as needed, typically every other day, plus 2-3 drops of Lugol iodine every other day. My response was very slow, but over the past month I dropped 5lb. So whatever I'm doing seems to be having an effect.
What was your energy like? Does it cause drowsiness?!
 
birdwhacker said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

Mate... tracking your calories is a must. There's no way around it. The simple pounds are gone, so now it's time to get serious.

Nice work on the weight loss!

When it comes to stacking, my advice is to keep raising the reta dose until either side effects show up or you hit a level that actually works
Appreciate it, you're spot on. The simple pounds are already gone haha
 
lessthanhalf said:

I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a replay of the rat experiment in which semaglutide was halted and then resumed, with those animals gaining weight during the gap and, with each subsequent restart of the GLP drug, ultimately achieving progressively less weight loss. What you're describing does sound like the same dose is now providing weaker appetite suppression than it did prior to the month-long break.

One possible explanation occurred to me: if you resumed at the same or a comparable dose instead of starting lower and titrating up, your blood levels will be far below steady state (roughly half), since reaching steady state again at that dose takes 4 weeks. That alone could readily account for what you're going through, and in principle the issue ought to resolve by the 4th dose/week. Alternatively, you could enter your doses into glp plotter to identify when blood levels become consistent. If your restart was on the 11th, then this explanation fits.
I get exactly where you're coming from, and yeah, it's crossed my mind too. But honestly I'm just scared stiff of those rat studies and human trials showing that once you pause, you end up needing higher amounts just to return to your previous point. Tomorrow I'm pinning again, and I plan to raise the tirz to 8, which would be the biggest single shot I've ever taken, and just hope it works out. I might bump the reta up 3 or 4 days afterward, depending on how Monday feels
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

FRMN01 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

That is the protocol I'm running right now. Over the past 6 weeks I've been sitting between 214 and 219, basically holding steady. Today I'm at 215 and change, yet 6 weeks back I was 213.

After taking a month away from the glp1s, I somehow kept the weight from coming back, but 3 injections in and I'm still dealing with hunger. Something has to change.

At minimum I want to hit Onederland, and at most 190, just to gauge how that feels.

My dosing matches the title. Should I bump the tirz or the reta? Bring in cagri? I'm honestly unsure which direction to take; for whatever reason 15 keeps popping into my head as the ceiling, though I realize that isn't actually the case.

I could even mix tirz at 30mg/ml, and we agreed reta can be done the same way, correct? Raising the concentration so the injection volume gets smaller.

It's such a downer to be developing a tolerance, but I'll keep increasing if that's what it takes this close to the goal. Any advice is welcome.

I already know the paths I could walk to sort this out, I just need a hand picking the best one.
Cagri is what got my progress going. Each Monday I take 6.5 mg Tirz + 0.8mg cagri, and each Friday I take 6.5 reta + 0.8mg cagri. On top of that, I use Semax for energy as needed, typically every other day, plus 2-3 drops of Lugol iodine every other day. My response was very slow, but over the past month I dropped 5lb. So whatever I'm doing seems to be having an effect.
What was your energy like? Does it cause drowsiness?!
Yeah, at the start it knocked me out for roughly 7 days. Luckily I had Semax on hand, 0.5mg EOD.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

For the stomach area, I've nicknamed it the "Cat Flap"... I'm in the same boat.. The body looks "decent" but that cat flap refuses to let go!!...






2a0e038f071aee55bd60c1a59c48c4f4645312603be4f1bff103193717ca3868.gif
 
TacoLifter420 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.

It seems like your current intake is at maintenance level, snacks included. That's not necessarily a problem.

I strongly suggest logging every single thing you eat. There's an old saying: [[Q2]] Grab a food scale from Amazon—it's a pain at first, but it gets easier. The upside is that most of us are habitual eaters and rotate through the same twelve or so foods most of the time. Samsung Health has a food tracking function built in, and you can save each meal as a custom entry for later. I'd assume Apple offers something similar. If not, there are plenty of other apps available.

Try this for the coming week without making any adjustments. That gives us a reliable starting point. With that number in hand, we can begin tweaking things gradually. After that first week, I'd cut my average daily calories by only 100. You could do it through pure discipline, but that's miserable—or you could bump the tirz up slightly. I don't know much about cagri, though many people seem to like it. Then, if the scale starts moving after removing 100 calories per day and you're satisfied with the pace, you're set. If not, remove another 100 per day for the following week. Repeat this cycle until you're dropping weight at a steady, tolerable rate. For me, small adjustments are simpler to manage.

Remember that as we lose weight, our basal metabolic rate drops naturally.

The other thing is finding time to lift weights. I've rediscovered my love for lifting. It played a big role in my life during my teens and 20s.

The greatest benefit: once you move out of a cutting phase and build some extra muscle, you get to eat more. By that stage, food changes from something you enjoy for pleasure into fuel—still tasty, but a different headspace. That's how it works for me; I suppose it varies from person to person, so your experience might differ.

You've already come a long way, don't lose sight of that. Picture carrying all the weight you've shed in a backpack and wearing it from morning to night. You'd be wiped out.

Keep pushing!
At first, using MyFitnessPal alongside a food scale might feel overwhelming, but wow... it really makes you see food differently... and how even a "small slice" of cake or similar can be something like 42,000 calories! lol
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Do the doses of tirz and reta you're on right now actually control your appetite? Have you tracked how many calories you're currently eating? What's your daily step count, and what other workouts do you do?

Once we know those things, it'll be easier to figure out which adjustments could break this plateau.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't track calories, though lately at work I've been hitting snacks — chips and mini candy bars. For roughly 9 months I stayed away from that. Now I'm back on them, and I've also thrown Costco trail mix bags into the rotation.

Before, I stuck to 16-hour fasts with an 8-hour eating window, and the pounds dropped steadily.

At home I'm still mostly on grilled meats and vegetables, but pizza and sub sandwiches keep calling my name.

My job keeps me moving: I run 1 to 2 exercise groups using weight bands and balls in a few different buildings. By noon I've usually got 6k steps or more, and by the time work ends it's typically 8 to 10k. My arms and legs are fairly ripped — smaller than I'd prefer, but muscular.

My belly has always been the issue. I'm built like a fucking potato. I had to pause GLP1s for a month because of medical shit, and I only restarted on the 11th.
At minimum, halve the snacks you eat at work, and drop the trail mix entirely. Trail mix packs a lot of calories into a small amount, so it's simple to eat way too much. Stick with fruit at the office so you're less tempted by candy. One thing I've noticed with GLPs is that candy and chips are still surprisingly easy to overeat. So it's best to cut them down or cut them out completely. Foods with high calorie density are the real problem!

What does your body composition look like? Do you use an InBody or a similar scale to track it? I've been stuck for roughly 3 months, down only about 2 lbs (cw 190, gw 180). But I've seen myself gain 6 pounds of muscle while losing 11 pounds of fat. Sure, that leaves around 3 pounds unexplained, probably water retention from HGH. So this progress suits me fine, since my gut is finally shrinking, and it's taken far too long.

Have you gotten your hormones tested? Getting hormones dialed in can make a huge difference for body recomp and for losing the belly.
 
Those little Costco trail mix pouches are pure temptation! lol

Sure, a lot of the ingredients are good for you, and the nuts do supply protein, but honestly, the m&m's are what really define the whole thing!

Remind me, what's the calorie count per package?
 
Back
Top