What sets these two apart…

Fat2Fit26

Explorer
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
West Yorkshire
What distinguishes the quote option from the reply button located under each person’s post?

I’m not sure which situations call for using quote instead of reply.

Thanks!
 
When a thread gets long, I rely on the quote so whoever I'm replying to can tell that my response is aimed at what they wrote.
 
At the bottom there's a textbox where you can post a general response to the whole discussion.

If you hit the "Reply" button beneath someone's message, their whole post gets instantly dropped into the textbox as a quote, ready for your answer.

Pressing "Quote" instead stores that person's message in a quotes bank. Later, you can drop in every saved quote at once by hitting the "Insert quotes..." button that appears below your textbox. Extra perk: this lets you tuck away a reply from one thread and then quote it inside a different thread (I've never actually done it).

As you can guess, that gets unwieldy if you're answering every full post. A better approach is to select just the particular bits you want to address. Doing that makes a little "Quote | Reply" pop up, and only your highlighted text gets included.

Hopefully that made sense lol
 
Back
Top