What makes people choose Eloralintide, Cagrilintide and similar options?

My own routine involves a low-dose combination of cagrilintide and reta, and the reason is simply that it offsets the elevated heart rate that reta brings on.
 
bluewater said:

My foundation is 5mg of Reta, and it's working well for me. If I ever need a bit more help quieting food noise, I keep a low dose of Cagrinitide on hand as a backup. I mostly reach for it when my calendar is packed with social events and I need that extra bit of support to steer clear of unhealthy food choices.
Love this concept! Personally, I’m on .75mg of Reta two times a week, and I’m using it to hold steady at my goal weight. Even so, food noise is still there—I have to consciously push it aside, and at times it gets really irritating, to the point where I just want it silenced!! What’s your Cagri dosage, and how have the side effects treated you? Also, how long does the appetite suppression stick around for you?
 
SoCalGirl said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

For me, shutting down the mental chatter requires more than Reta on its own.
Right now, are you taking Cagri or some other compound alongside Reta to deal with food noise? I'm at week 13 on 8.5mg Reta, and by this point I hardly feel any appetite suppression — if I feel any at all.
 
Shadow27 said:

SoCalGirl said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

For me, shutting down the mental chatter requires more than Reta on its own.
Right now, are you taking Cagri or some other compound alongside Reta to deal with food noise? I'm at week 13 on 8.5mg Reta, and by this point I hardly feel any appetite suppression — if I feel any at all.
You mention there's no appetite suppression for you — does eating fill you up more quickly, though? For me, Reta doesn't do much for appetite (honestly I see that as a plus), yet meals make me feel full much sooner. My wife used tirz previously and switched to reta for maintenance. In her experience tirz suppresses appetite far more strongly, while on reta she's able to eat, and her weight has stayed vey stable.

Have you given tirz a try? If you're after stronger appetite suppression, it might suit you better than reta, instead of stacking on another compound.
 
Mood said:

Shadow27 said:

SoCalGirl said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

For me, shutting down the mental chatter requires more than Reta on its own.
Right now, are you taking Cagri or some other compound alongside Reta to deal with food noise? I'm at week 13 on 8.5mg Reta, and by this point I hardly feel any appetite suppression — if I feel any at all.
You mention there's no appetite suppression for you — does eating fill you up more quickly, though? For me, Reta doesn't do much for appetite (honestly I see that as a plus), yet meals make me feel full much sooner. My wife used tirz previously and switched to reta for maintenance. In her experience tirz suppresses appetite far more strongly, while on reta she's able to eat, and her weight has stayed vey stable.

Have you given tirz a try? If you're after stronger appetite suppression, it might suit you better than reta, instead of stacking on another compound.
Around week 7-8 was when the appetite suppression stopped, and the fuller feeling stuck around until roughly week 10; at this point I feel pretty much back to normal. Even so, Reta continues to keep me full enough that I don't get snack or food cravings late at night or in the early morning, which is a plus.

On top of that, I've been building muscle while getting leaner, and I train no fewer than 5 days each week, so it seems plausible that all that exercise is ramping up my metabolism and leaving me hungrier?

Tirz hasn't been added so far. My plan is to order a kit or two on my next shipment and stack it with Reta. I've simply heard that cagri could be a good fit because it acts on a pathway separate from the GLP pathways that Reta and Tirz use.
 
Shadow27 said:

Mood said:

Shadow27 said:

SoCalGirl said:

tcpnomad said:

I'm interested in the reasoning behind going with these instead of the usual sema, tirz or reta.

For me, shutting down the mental chatter requires more than Reta on its own.
Right now, are you taking Cagri or some other compound alongside Reta to deal with food noise? I'm at week 13 on 8.5mg Reta, and by this point I hardly feel any appetite suppression — if I feel any at all.
You mention there's no appetite suppression for you — does eating fill you up more quickly, though? For me, Reta doesn't do much for appetite (honestly I see that as a plus), yet meals make me feel full much sooner. My wife used tirz previously and switched to reta for maintenance. In her experience tirz suppresses appetite far more strongly, while on reta she's able to eat, and her weight has stayed vey stable.

Have you given tirz a try? If you're after stronger appetite suppression, it might suit you better than reta, instead of stacking on another compound.
Around week 7-8 was when the appetite suppression stopped, and the fuller feeling stuck around until roughly week 10; at this point I feel pretty much back to normal. Even so, Reta continues to keep me full enough that I don't get snack or food cravings late at night or in the early morning, which is a plus.

On top of that, I've been building muscle while getting leaner, and I train no fewer than 5 days each week, so it seems plausible that all that exercise is ramping up my metabolism and leaving me hungrier?

Tirz hasn't been added so far. My plan is to order a kit or two on my next shipment and stack it with Reta. I've simply heard that cagri could be a good fit because it acts on a pathway separate from the GLP pathways that Reta and Tirz use.
If you're burning more energy, there's a good chance your system is pushing back against the reta suppression. The body gravitates toward homeostasis and resists being pulled away from the set point it prefers. When you expend more, ghrelin output rises since the body wants additional fuel. My wife reported that on reta she seemed to eat more, yet her weight held steadier than it had on tirz. Some folks value that appetite blunting, sure, but if the scale is flat or trending down, my own take is that nothing needs adjusting.

Are you logging calories and macros? If you aren't, spending a week running the numbers could show you precisely where you stand. My wife used to worry she'd put on weight and insist she was "eating so much," then we'd tally her intake across a couple of days and find she was at or under her target. The real shift was that she ate more OFTEN, not more TOTAL.
 
Anyone here cycled Reta before? I've hit my goal weight, and it took roughly 12 weeks with a max of 1.5mg each week.

My plan is to taper down gradually, then move to MotsC plus Cagri for around 12 weeks, and afterward return to Reta. The idea is to hold onto what I've achieved while giving my receptors a rest. Longer term, I figure I could alternate between these 2 setups every 12 weeks and avoid putting the weight back on! Has anyone done anything like this and had it work well?
 
Back
Top