What makes pens worth using? (convince me)

Sasquatch said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Hold on. We're talking about the needle piercing the cartridge vial here, not the needle piercing you—correct?
Yeah, but also, that's true too, right?
 
Sasquatch said:

randompersonrandom said:

HEY EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS PLACE
Rondo,

Someone wrote out a whole wall of text. Then somebody else did the same thing. For a moment it felt like being on facebook or reddit. And it's been a while since I got to say "fuckery."
For crying out loud, my evening was going just fine and relaxing, and I was about to tell my work wife that Olivia Rodrigo's "Driver's License" and Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" hit my drum in exactly the same way, when out of nowhere some guy just tosses in "oh yeah, by the way, I've been reusing the same needle for weeks tee hee" right in the middle of a thread where folks were already trading replies that kept getting longer and longer, and now my Folsom Prison Blues/Driver's License mashup has to be put on pause so I can see how this unfolds.

Edit: No, autocorrect, it's FolsoM, get your shit together!
 
deluge said:

Sasquatch said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Hold on. We're talking about the needle piercing the cartridge vial here, not the needle piercing you—correct?
Yeah, but also, that's true too, right?
So the needle on these pens has two ends, right?
 
Vriende said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

BigJDog said:

On just the opening page alone, I count roughly 5 discussions dedicated to pens, my friend.
I typed pens into the search field (the magnifying glass at the top) and ticked the titles-only option -- that's how I came across this list --



=1&o=date]
Search results for query: pens





View attachment 10753


GLP1Chat.com
Appreciate it, man — I went through every one of them. Still, none of that actually spoke to what I was getting at with this post. My situation is its own thing, and there are specific questions I'd rather dig into here, in a thread of my own. If that bothers you, simple solution: just skip it. And if the rest of the crowd agrees with you, then this thread will fade out and nobody will miss it. I'd bet good money there are countless other duplicate threads covering all sorts of subjects, and yet they somehow keep going. Who knows — maybe this one will too. A guy can hope.
What you asked was quite broad. Everyone here is attempting to assist. Up to now, you have not made that simple.

Could you share a few particular questions you have? That could steer us if we are to be of greater help to you.
I feel like I should say sorry to you. Unless you removed something from your post — and I really don't believe you did — then after reading it again I can see I stepped out of line and your reply was actually completely on point. Somewhere along the way I lumped you in with people who just pile on, and I snapped back at you like a jerk.

That one's mine to own. My mistake, fully. I'm owning it, and I'm grateful you took the time to answer. Very early in that thread I did mention that I'm pinning 10-15 times a day, and from a logistics standpoint that felt like a lot to handle with pens. What I'd really like to hear is how others in the same situation deal with that, if they do anything at all.

Once more — my bad, and I apologize.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Sasquatch said:

randompersonrandom said:

HEY EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS PLACE
Rondo,

Someone wrote out a whole wall of text. Then somebody else did the same thing. For a moment it felt like being on facebook or reddit. And it's been a while since I got to say "fuckery."
For crying out loud, my evening was going just fine and relaxing, and I was about to tell my work wife that Olivia Rodrigo's "Driver's License" and Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" hit my drum in exactly the same way, when out of nowhere some guy just tosses in "oh yeah, by the way, I've been reusing the same needle for weeks tee hee" right in the middle of a thread where folks were already trading replies that kept getting longer and longer, and now my Folsom Prison Blues/Driver's License mashup has to be put on pause so I can see how this unfolds.

Edit: No, autocorrect, it's FolsoM, get your shit together!
There's no tee hee here. I burned through the whole supply. Needles are gone.

So what's the move? Stop abruptly? Head to the chow hall and ask Cookies for their marinade injector? Amazon won't work in this situation. There's no street address. Care packages from home only come 1x/Mo, and only when the sled dogs are around.

To be fair, I packed plenty of needles. But I moved from EZ Touch 31G to GlucoCare 32G, and I swear I'm constantly bending these worthless GlucoCares. Just recapping them, I ruined half a dozen. A few more got bent while injecting. The only ones that made it were the few EZ Touch I had on some pens.

Today's fun fact: if you fold one over, you can't simply straighten it and retry. You have to swap the needle and start again, unless you're okay with a broken stump ending up stuck in a fat roll. 0/10, would not recommend.

But really, this post is meant to take some of the pressure off the newbie everyone's piling on because he didn't ask the question you wanted. I was a newbie once too. One sympathizes. Besides, I'm glad to stir things up. /s
 
deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Listen up! That sounds like the Fisherman Guy's ghost speaking to me!
 
Sasquatch said:

deluge said:

Sasquatch said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Hold on. We're talking about the needle piercing the cartridge vial here, not the needle piercing you—correct?
Yeah, but also, that's true too, right?
So the needle on these pens has two ends, right?

That's right.
 
BigJDog said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

deluge said:

If you pin every day, pens make the whole routine quicker. You spend the effort up front: mix the powder, push it through a filter into the pen cartridge, and clear out the air. After that's done, actually injecting takes about 30 sec.

In the past I'd reach for my diabetic syringe, grab an alcohol wipe, swab the vial top, flip it over, pull the dose, flick out bubbles, and so on. That routine ran me 2 min's.

Now picture doing that on days when I'm running 4 pins (GHK, BPC, TB, and the GLP) -- the time saved adds up fast.

Sure, setting up the pen takes some time. But like I said above, if you're already filtering, the extra work really isn't much either way.
I inject 10-12 times a day. That sounds like it would need a ton of pens. How do people handle that kind of logistics?
How did you end up at 10 injections every day without knowing anything about injection pens?

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

BigJDog said:

On just the opening page alone, I count roughly 5 discussions dedicated to pens, my friend.
I typed pens into the search field (the magnifying glass at the top) and ticked the titles-only option -- that's how I came across this list --



=1&o=date]
Search results for query: pens





View attachment 10753


GLP1Chat.com
Appreciate it, man — I went through every one of them. Still, none of that actually spoke to what I was getting at with this post. My situation is its own thing, and there are specific questions I'd rather dig into here, in a thread of my own. If that bothers you, simple solution: just skip it. And if the rest of the crowd agrees with you, then this thread will fade out and nobody will miss it. I'd bet good money there are countless other duplicate threads covering all sorts of subjects, and yet they somehow keep going. Who knows — maybe this one will too. A guy can hope.
Your post doesn't really have a clear point. You're basically asking others to hand you the most basic details about why an injection pen is useful.
At no point did I request to be spoon fed — that was your own incorrect assumption. My question was "what's so great about pens". A sensible response to that would go something like "pen use comes down to personal likes and preferences, so share yours with me". A pens 101 walkthrough with in-depth explanations was never what I wanted. The reason this thread derailed is that a handful of bored individuals had nothing more worthwhile to do than dump on it. Simply scrolling past would have been an option.
 
SeaGypsy said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Who even are you? That sounds seriously cool 👍🏻

Mental memo: if sled dogs are your resupply line, pack double of everything. Hold on!! Someone please confirm Amazon offers a sled team
I'll just put it out there that the Heatwave isn't something we're grumbling about.
05c6cbdb78ae1dd3ba40843240fb0070ffeff88fdc47dab29706d549289d38ad.webp
 
SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
 
Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
what’s your storage approach for them? Not trying to argue, but I should mention that I just did 6 shots using SQ syringes and it took roughly 3 minutes. My guess is pens would cut that to about 1 minute. SQ pins feel so fast and simple to me, and honestly I get some pleasure from arranging the vials across my desk, checking how clear the reconstituted peptides look, and the whole routine feels pretty meditative. I’ll definitely give pens a shot, but I’m curious whether that part gets lost for you? There are times when the process itself is the highlight.

I like catching a buzz now and then, but I also really like the act of drinking scotch—the smell, the unwinding quality of the drink itself. If I could just instantly make myself drunk, a lot of that would be gone. You know what I mean?
 
SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
Do you go with manual pens, automatic ones, or some mix of both? Do you pick different types depending on what you're doing, like how often you inject or where you inject?

Right now I've got just 1 pen filled. I'm pacing myself as I build up my stack so I can get used to it, and on top of that I still have 150+ syringes sitting around that I need to go through. But I've been considering using autos for anything I plan to inject in the derrière, since it's easier that way, and then sticking with manuals for other spots.
 
Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
what’s your storage approach for them? Not trying to argue, but I should mention that I just did 6 shots using SQ syringes and it took roughly 3 minutes. My guess is pens would cut that to about 1 minute. SQ pins feel so fast and simple to me, and honestly I get some pleasure from arranging the vials across my desk, checking how clear the reconstituted peptides look, and the whole routine feels pretty meditative. I’ll definitely give pens a shot, but I’m curious whether that part gets lost for you? There are times when the process itself is the highlight.

I like catching a buzz now and then, but I also really like the act of drinking scotch—the smell, the unwinding quality of the drink itself. If I could just instantly make myself drunk, a lot of that would be gone. You know what I mean?
After I buy a 3-D printer, I plan to print a holder I came up with using ChatGPT, since gear and art deco style really appeal to me:
3d923c08e1ea0b6f9647ee45f879c627702baecc805c17238133de88999dff48.webp


There's also a sleek, minimalist enclosed 10 pen case I like on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/4510490768/techpod10-travel-case-10-slot-organizer?ref=cart

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
what’s your storage approach for them? Not trying to argue, but I should mention that I just did 6 shots using SQ syringes and it took roughly 3 minutes. My guess is pens would cut that to about 1 minute. SQ pins feel so fast and simple to me, and honestly I get some pleasure from arranging the vials across my desk, checking how clear the reconstituted peptides look, and the whole routine feels pretty meditative. I’ll definitely give pens a shot, but I’m curious whether that part gets lost for you? There are times when the process itself is the highlight.

I like catching a buzz now and then, but I also really like the act of drinking scotch—the smell, the unwinding quality of the drink itself. If I could just instantly make myself drunk, a lot of that would be gone. You know what I mean?
Right, ritual is a nice thing. My view is that whatever works for you is what matters. If it feels like meditation and fits into your routine, there's no reason to switch. Trying a $15 pen is always an option (some even include trial needles and cartridges)—if you end up not liking it, you haven't lost much.
 
Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
what’s your storage approach for them? Not trying to argue, but I should mention that I just did 6 shots using SQ syringes and it took roughly 3 minutes. My guess is pens would cut that to about 1 minute. SQ pins feel so fast and simple to me, and honestly I get some pleasure from arranging the vials across my desk, checking how clear the reconstituted peptides look, and the whole routine feels pretty meditative. I’ll definitely give pens a shot, but I’m curious whether that part gets lost for you? There are times when the process itself is the highlight.

I like catching a buzz now and then, but I also really like the act of drinking scotch—the smell, the unwinding quality of the drink itself. If I could just instantly make myself drunk, a lot of that would be gone. You know what I mean?
I'm the type who's always on the move, so speed matters to me. Prepping my cartridges is something I actually like doing, but only when it fits my schedule. They just sit in a cheap $1 tray I picked up at dollar tree. For ages I went with syringes, but these days I'd rather have the faster routine in the morning. Another plus: for certain spots on the backside, I've found pens simpler to handle.
 
HouseCat said:

SeaGypsy said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

SeaGypsy said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
When it comes to that single post, your point stands. I've already said sorry and fixed my mistake.

Thanks.
When I used pens, I was pinning 7 times daily, and that made a real difference for finishing them in the morning. It sped everything up. Dial and stick — every one of my peps is now in a pen. Even the one I take weekly.
Do you go with manual pens, automatic ones, or some mix of both? Do you pick different types depending on what you're doing, like how often you inject or where you inject?

Right now I've got just 1 pen filled. I'm pacing myself as I build up my stack so I can get used to it, and on top of that I still have 150+ syringes sitting around that I need to go through. But I've been considering using autos for anything I plan to inject in the derrière, since it's easier that way, and then sticking with manuals for other spots.
My go-to are manual pens — nothing fancy, just inexpensive V2 models. Auto pens have caught my eye, though I haven't pulled the trigger on buying one. And yeah, the rear pins are way less of a hassle....lol. That really helps when working with GHK-CU
 
deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Every thread you enter, you make a point of boasting about your needle reuse😆. Now I want to know: what are you actually up to out there with the polar bears?
 
tcpnomad said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Every thread you enter, you make a point of boasting about your needle reuse😆. Now I want to know: what are you actually up to out there with the polar bears?

deluge said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sasquatch said:

randompersonrandom said:

HEY EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS PLACE
Rondo,

Someone wrote out a whole wall of text. Then somebody else did the same thing. For a moment it felt like being on facebook or reddit. And it's been a while since I got to say "fuckery."
For crying out loud, my evening was going just fine and relaxing, and I was about to tell my work wife that Olivia Rodrigo's "Driver's License" and Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" hit my drum in exactly the same way, when out of nowhere some guy just tosses in "oh yeah, by the way, I've been reusing the same needle for weeks tee hee" right in the middle of a thread where folks were already trading replies that kept getting longer and longer, and now my Folsom Prison Blues/Driver's License mashup has to be put on pause so I can see how this unfolds.

Edit: No, autocorrect, it's FolsoM, get your shit together!
There's no tee hee here. I burned through the whole supply. Needles are gone.

So what's the move? Stop abruptly? Head to the chow hall and ask Cookies for their marinade injector? Amazon won't work in this situation. There's no street address. Care packages from home only come 1x/Mo, and only when the sled dogs are around.

To be fair, I packed plenty of needles. But I moved from EZ Touch 31G to GlucoCare 32G, and I swear I'm constantly bending these worthless GlucoCares. Just recapping them, I ruined half a dozen. A few more got bent while injecting. The only ones that made it were the few EZ Touch I had on some pens.

Today's fun fact: if you fold one over, you can't simply straighten it and retry. You have to swap the needle and start again, unless you're okay with a broken stump ending up stuck in a fat roll. 0/10, would not recommend.

But really, this post is meant to take some of the pressure off the newbie everyone's piling on because he didn't ask the question you wanted. I was a newbie once too. One sympathizes. Besides, I'm glad to stir things up. /s
My guess is that he was making things up, for the reason already quoted above.

Maybe he took inspiration from that massive drama thread involving The Fisherman Guy, who kept posting rage bait about reusing needles.

That thread refused to die and kept coming back for over 5 months. Fisherman Dude grew increasingly aggressive and obnoxious, until he finally got himself banned. I'm not sure whether linking it here is appropriate, but anyone curious can search needle safety.
 
Vriende said:

tcpnomad said:

deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Every thread you enter, you make a point of boasting about your needle reuse😆. Now I want to know: what are you actually up to out there with the polar bears?

deluge said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sasquatch said:

randompersonrandom said:

HEY EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS PLACE
Rondo,

Someone wrote out a whole wall of text. Then somebody else did the same thing. For a moment it felt like being on facebook or reddit. And it's been a while since I got to say "fuckery."
For crying out loud, my evening was going just fine and relaxing, and I was about to tell my work wife that Olivia Rodrigo's "Driver's License" and Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" hit my drum in exactly the same way, when out of nowhere some guy just tosses in "oh yeah, by the way, I've been reusing the same needle for weeks tee hee" right in the middle of a thread where folks were already trading replies that kept getting longer and longer, and now my Folsom Prison Blues/Driver's License mashup has to be put on pause so I can see how this unfolds.

Edit: No, autocorrect, it's FolsoM, get your shit together!
There's no tee hee here. I burned through the whole supply. Needles are gone.

So what's the move? Stop abruptly? Head to the chow hall and ask Cookies for their marinade injector? Amazon won't work in this situation. There's no street address. Care packages from home only come 1x/Mo, and only when the sled dogs are around.

To be fair, I packed plenty of needles. But I moved from EZ Touch 31G to GlucoCare 32G, and I swear I'm constantly bending these worthless GlucoCares. Just recapping them, I ruined half a dozen. A few more got bent while injecting. The only ones that made it were the few EZ Touch I had on some pens.

Today's fun fact: if you fold one over, you can't simply straighten it and retry. You have to swap the needle and start again, unless you're okay with a broken stump ending up stuck in a fat roll. 0/10, would not recommend.

But really, this post is meant to take some of the pressure off the newbie everyone's piling on because he didn't ask the question you wanted. I was a newbie once too. One sympathizes. Besides, I'm glad to stir things up. /s
My guess is that he was making things up, for the reason already quoted above.

Maybe he took inspiration from that massive drama thread involving The Fisherman Guy, who kept posting rage bait about reusing needles.

That thread refused to die and kept coming back for over 5 months. Fisherman Dude grew increasingly aggressive and obnoxious, until he finally got himself banned. I'm not sure whether linking it here is appropriate, but anyone curious can search needle safety.
Yeah, possibly. Still, it happens pretty regularly. I've come across it multiple times by now. A conversation is going on, and then someone drops in just to say they're reusing needles. With a mischievous glint in their eyes, I'd assume.

Honestly, at this point I just have to find out. Is it purely trolling? Or are these people actually somewhere in the Arctic? And if they are, what's the story there? Also, how does one land that gig?

@deluge
 
Back
Top