What makes pens worth using? (convince me)

I came to this forum trying to figure out whether "prefilling my syringes, or preloading them for the week" was a smart move or a bad one. The wording I used made it tough to track down what I needed....search functions can be picky like that.

Anyway, just as I was about to ask the group, I stumbled on a post that covered everything I was after! Over the past 2 days I've picked up a huge amount about pens, from this site and elsewhere, without even making an effort.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

That’s a personal attack, though I’m not taking it personally. If you refer to "people like this" and I’m the one who asked the question, then your remark is aimed straight at me—and maybe at others too. You call this a repeat thread; where pens are concerned, I guess that’s fair. Still, I did go through the other threads, and honestly, a lot of them are pretty scattered and don’t tackle the questions I wanted to raise here, in my thread. Maybe I should have opened with "I pin 10-12 times daily, how do you handle that with pens", but I didn’t want to box myself into that, so I asked more broadly, waited to see what answers came in, and planned to follow up with secondary questions.

Even though I’m supposedly a person "like this", I’ve somehow figured out peptides, how to buy them from China, how to use crypto without getting scammed, how to build a working protocol, how to reconstitute my vials, and how to pin myself 50-75 times a week without any problems—all while dropping 42lbs in 4 months. Yet I supposedly can’t grasp the complexity of those newfangled fancy pens! Heaven forbid I don’t frame my pen question perfectly; then I (we) have to put up with your crappy reply, as if I’d just murdered babies or something. Do you post this on every duplicated topic, or am I just special? Because I see plenty of duplicated threads with overlapping or even identical subjects almost every day.

I’m glad to see them. Topics need to be renewed, people have new experiences, things change. If nobody wanted to answer this because the topic is oversaturated, then nobody would, and your wish would come true. I’ve mostly been impressed with the community here and how incredibly supportive everyone is of each other...except you.

You can do better.

What you've written here reads as arrogant and condescending. Everyone in this space has been through the same thing...It's nothing remarkable, it's a "requirement" for being here at all.

Good luck to you
 
indolent said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

That’s a personal attack, though I’m not taking it personally. If you refer to "people like this" and I’m the one who asked the question, then your remark is aimed straight at me—and maybe at others too. You call this a repeat thread; where pens are concerned, I guess that’s fair. Still, I did go through the other threads, and honestly, a lot of them are pretty scattered and don’t tackle the questions I wanted to raise here, in my thread. Maybe I should have opened with "I pin 10-12 times daily, how do you handle that with pens", but I didn’t want to box myself into that, so I asked more broadly, waited to see what answers came in, and planned to follow up with secondary questions.

Even though I’m supposedly a person "like this", I’ve somehow figured out peptides, how to buy them from China, how to use crypto without getting scammed, how to build a working protocol, how to reconstitute my vials, and how to pin myself 50-75 times a week without any problems—all while dropping 42lbs in 4 months. Yet I supposedly can’t grasp the complexity of those newfangled fancy pens! Heaven forbid I don’t frame my pen question perfectly; then I (we) have to put up with your crappy reply, as if I’d just murdered babies or something. Do you post this on every duplicated topic, or am I just special? Because I see plenty of duplicated threads with overlapping or even identical subjects almost every day.

I’m glad to see them. Topics need to be renewed, people have new experiences, things change. If nobody wanted to answer this because the topic is oversaturated, then nobody would, and your wish would come true. I’ve mostly been impressed with the community here and how incredibly supportive everyone is of each other...except you.

You can do better.
every thread on here now belongs to @ZippityDooDah
no question, you're right about that.
 
Stace_wow said:

I came to this forum trying to figure out whether "prefilling my syringes, or preloading them for the week" was a smart move or a bad one. The wording I used made it tough to track down what I needed....search functions can be picky like that.

Anyway, just as I was about to ask the group, I stumbled on a post that covered everything I was after! Over the past 2 days I've picked up a huge amount about pens, from this site and elsewhere, without even making an effort.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

That’s a personal attack, though I’m not taking it personally. If you refer to "people like this" and I’m the one who asked the question, then your remark is aimed straight at me—and maybe at others too. You call this a repeat thread; where pens are concerned, I guess that’s fair. Still, I did go through the other threads, and honestly, a lot of them are pretty scattered and don’t tackle the questions I wanted to raise here, in my thread. Maybe I should have opened with "I pin 10-12 times daily, how do you handle that with pens", but I didn’t want to box myself into that, so I asked more broadly, waited to see what answers came in, and planned to follow up with secondary questions.

Even though I’m supposedly a person "like this", I’ve somehow figured out peptides, how to buy them from China, how to use crypto without getting scammed, how to build a working protocol, how to reconstitute my vials, and how to pin myself 50-75 times a week without any problems—all while dropping 42lbs in 4 months. Yet I supposedly can’t grasp the complexity of those newfangled fancy pens! Heaven forbid I don’t frame my pen question perfectly; then I (we) have to put up with your crappy reply, as if I’d just murdered babies or something. Do you post this on every duplicated topic, or am I just special? Because I see plenty of duplicated threads with overlapping or even identical subjects almost every day.

I’m glad to see them. Topics need to be renewed, people have new experiences, things change. If nobody wanted to answer this because the topic is oversaturated, then nobody would, and your wish would come true. I’ve mostly been impressed with the community here and how incredibly supportive everyone is of each other...except you.

You can do better.

What you've written here reads as arrogant and condescending. Everyone in this space has been through the same thing...It's nothing remarkable, it's a "requirement" for being here at all.

Good luck to you
maybe that's true — it didn't come out of nowhere, though. It was a reaction to an overly harsh remark: "people like this disqualify themselves from being able to use pens properly". Had that remark never been posted, there'd be no reason for my reply to exist as context. Do you have anything to say about her comment — any critique at all — or is it only mine you're addressing? Would you call her comment constructive, additive, and useful?
 
I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
 
HouseCat said:

I’d suggest taking a look at this thread - it helped me learn a ton and gave me the push to give one a shot myself (mine is for Ipa, which I take 2x a day)



Could anyone sum up pens for me in a TLDR

/community-link/thread/17286/

If you’re doing that many daily pins, pens might be a great fit for you! The cost is higher at the start, but it’s incredibly easy to use.

LOL I can tell you’re from New York (high five fam)…just switch into rush hour MTA mode and let it slide off like water off a duck’s back 🤣 Said with love and a slice 🍕

EDIT: If what you’re asking about managing is storage, Etsy has plenty of choices: enclosed cases, closed stands, open stands…Yada yada

Thanks for that. I went through the thread, and just so it's clear to anybody else wading through this mess of a discussion, I read every single pen thread. Sure, there's a lot of useful stuff in there, so maybe by now I know a bit more than nothing about pens, but the whole point was to open a fresh thread, starting from zero knowledge, so it would be clean. That clearly backfired, and for the most part I'm fine owning that, but some replies don't help anybody, and I'm not going to stay quiet about it. I've watched the pile-ons happen here on other threads, sometimes justified, sometimes not. There's still plenty about pens that hasn't been covered, and I haven't come across anything addressing 10-15 pins a day and how a person pulls that off with pens. My mistake for not opening with that, though I definitely planned to get to it (and I did, in fact).

If somebody's miserable enough that they need everyone else to be miserable too, I guess that's their choice, but they could equally just skip the thread, not keep it alive with negative remarks, and let it fade out the way it deserves to, if it in fact deserves to.

I appreciate your response.
 
Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
 
miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Stace_wow said:

I came to this forum trying to figure out whether "prefilling my syringes, or preloading them for the week" was a smart move or a bad one. The wording I used made it tough to track down what I needed....search functions can be picky like that.

Anyway, just as I was about to ask the group, I stumbled on a post that covered everything I was after! Over the past 2 days I've picked up a huge amount about pens, from this site and elsewhere, without even making an effort.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

That’s a personal attack, though I’m not taking it personally. If you refer to "people like this" and I’m the one who asked the question, then your remark is aimed straight at me—and maybe at others too. You call this a repeat thread; where pens are concerned, I guess that’s fair. Still, I did go through the other threads, and honestly, a lot of them are pretty scattered and don’t tackle the questions I wanted to raise here, in my thread. Maybe I should have opened with "I pin 10-12 times daily, how do you handle that with pens", but I didn’t want to box myself into that, so I asked more broadly, waited to see what answers came in, and planned to follow up with secondary questions.

Even though I’m supposedly a person "like this", I’ve somehow figured out peptides, how to buy them from China, how to use crypto without getting scammed, how to build a working protocol, how to reconstitute my vials, and how to pin myself 50-75 times a week without any problems—all while dropping 42lbs in 4 months. Yet I supposedly can’t grasp the complexity of those newfangled fancy pens! Heaven forbid I don’t frame my pen question perfectly; then I (we) have to put up with your crappy reply, as if I’d just murdered babies or something. Do you post this on every duplicated topic, or am I just special? Because I see plenty of duplicated threads with overlapping or even identical subjects almost every day.

I’m glad to see them. Topics need to be renewed, people have new experiences, things change. If nobody wanted to answer this because the topic is oversaturated, then nobody would, and your wish would come true. I’ve mostly been impressed with the community here and how incredibly supportive everyone is of each other...except you.

You can do better.

What you've written here reads as arrogant and condescending. Everyone in this space has been through the same thing...It's nothing remarkable, it's a "requirement" for being here at all.

Good luck to you
maybe that's true — it didn't come out of nowhere, though. It was a reaction to an overly harsh remark: "people like this disqualify themselves from being able to use pens properly". Had that remark never been posted, there'd be no reason for my reply to exist as context. Do you have anything to say about her comment — any critique at all — or is it only mine you're addressing? Would you call her comment constructive, additive, and useful?
It seems like you don't get what a quote actually is. Rewording something and changing its meaning isn't a quote, and you shouldn't put quotation marks around it.

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
That's my statement, repeated now for the 2nd time.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Stace_wow said:

I came to this forum trying to figure out whether "prefilling my syringes, or preloading them for the week" was a smart move or a bad one. The wording I used made it tough to track down what I needed....search functions can be picky like that.

Anyway, just as I was about to ask the group, I stumbled on a post that covered everything I was after! Over the past 2 days I've picked up a huge amount about pens, from this site and elsewhere, without even making an effort.

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

miameow said:

My honest view is that anyone posing this sort of question simply isn’t the right fit for pen use — at least not when done correctly.
Wait, so admitting I lack knowledge on a topic and turning to a community full of practical experience means I'm not qualified to use a pen? And you're "quite certain" about that?

Alright then, I suppose I'll retreat to my little syringe corner, now aware that I'm simply not the right sort of person for a peptide injection pen—because you've declared it so. Got any more pearls of wisdom or life tips to share, or is this the one thing you're an expert in?
At no point did I claim that your asking the question by itself makes you ineligible to use a pen. My actual words were that "I’m quite certain the kind of people who ask questions like this are not suitable candidates for using pens properly."

Nobody is ruling you out or preventing you from using a pen. What I’m getting at is that folks who skip the search function and post basic questions that have already been answered tend to fall into a particular group, and with a device like an injection pen there’s likely a greater chance of user error.

This is not a personal attack. I’m simply describing a general pattern I’ve observed on this forum and on other platforms including Reddit.

That’s a personal attack, though I’m not taking it personally. If you refer to "people like this" and I’m the one who asked the question, then your remark is aimed straight at me—and maybe at others too. You call this a repeat thread; where pens are concerned, I guess that’s fair. Still, I did go through the other threads, and honestly, a lot of them are pretty scattered and don’t tackle the questions I wanted to raise here, in my thread. Maybe I should have opened with "I pin 10-12 times daily, how do you handle that with pens", but I didn’t want to box myself into that, so I asked more broadly, waited to see what answers came in, and planned to follow up with secondary questions.

Even though I’m supposedly a person "like this", I’ve somehow figured out peptides, how to buy them from China, how to use crypto without getting scammed, how to build a working protocol, how to reconstitute my vials, and how to pin myself 50-75 times a week without any problems—all while dropping 42lbs in 4 months. Yet I supposedly can’t grasp the complexity of those newfangled fancy pens! Heaven forbid I don’t frame my pen question perfectly; then I (we) have to put up with your crappy reply, as if I’d just murdered babies or something. Do you post this on every duplicated topic, or am I just special? Because I see plenty of duplicated threads with overlapping or even identical subjects almost every day.

I’m glad to see them. Topics need to be renewed, people have new experiences, things change. If nobody wanted to answer this because the topic is oversaturated, then nobody would, and your wish would come true. I’ve mostly been impressed with the community here and how incredibly supportive everyone is of each other...except you.

You can do better.

What you've written here reads as arrogant and condescending. Everyone in this space has been through the same thing...It's nothing remarkable, it's a "requirement" for being here at all.

Good luck to you
maybe that's true — it didn't come out of nowhere, though. It was a reaction to an overly harsh remark: "people like this disqualify themselves from being able to use pens properly". Had that remark never been posted, there'd be no reason for my reply to exist as context. Do you have anything to say about her comment — any critique at all — or is it only mine you're addressing? Would you call her comment constructive, additive, and useful?
Going from personal jabs to guessing my gender. Quite a shift.

Just to be clear, I am not “her."
 
Did you check out this thread? LINK

It looks like it covers precisely what you're wondering about. If there's anything still unclear, go ahead and drop your remaining questions in this thread.
 
Stace_wow said:

I'm with them****. Plus, it comes across like you're going after them just because this thread didn't unfold the way you expected.
Believe whatever you want. She forfeited the argument the moment she claimed I misgendered her or him, as if that's relevant. By the way, you just misgendered him too. How dare you!
 
85639bbfce1fe9231df80ceeeac31d9c6c0a97d02d18f935f21923b2c2055d40.gif
 
Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Vriende said:

I realize I may be saying the same thing again --

"What you asked was quite broad. We're doing our best to assist. You're not exactly making it simple for us so far.

Could you give us a few particular questions that you have?

That could point us in the right direction if we're going to be of more help to you."
I already did that, look above. I wouldn't want to rob you of your diligent thread-searching efforts as though you were some idle slacker. Heaven forbid you commit that capital offense!
I don't get why you're getting so worked up — they were just asking what you'd like to find out, so they could be of help.

Do whatever suits you, but this isn't exactly making it simple to have a grown-up conversation.

When it comes to pens, the only realistic approach would be one pen per pep, since swapping cartridges around would wipe out whatever ease the pens give you. Given how many injections happen each day, paying that upfront cost would be justified.
 
Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
 
deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Who even are you? That sounds seriously cool 👍🏻

Mental memo: if sled dogs are your resupply line, pack double of everything. Hold on!! Someone please confirm Amazon offers a sled team
 
deluge said:

Is this the moment to confess that my supply of pen needles ran dry, and for multiple weeks straight I have reused a single needle — worse, I have pulled the needle off my VIP pen, stuck it onto my Reta pen, then moved it back, over and over?

Tomorrow the sled dog team hauls care packages from home out to the remote outpost. With any luck, my wife packed 60 needles rather than 60 filters...
Hold on. We're talking about the needle piercing the cartridge vial here, not the needle piercing you—correct?
 
randompersonrandom said:

HEY EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS PLACE
Rondo,

Someone wrote out a whole wall of text. Then somebody else did the same thing. For a moment it felt like being on facebook or reddit. And it's been a while since I got to say "fuckery."
 
Back
Top