What is happening with shipments out of Chinese warehouses?

darkhounds

Explorer
Joined
Dec 27, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
South africa
I placed a few orders during the past week, and the 2 that went out have both ended up going back to the sender. 1 was with DHL and 1 was with FedEx, and they came from separate vendors. According to DHL, the package did not pass customs inspection in China; FedEx has not given me a clear reason so far. Does anyone have information about what is going on? Could there be a crackdown?
 
Here's what I came across. I believe a few other threads exist on this topic.




Anyone else worried about not getting deliveries



I placed orders with 2 vendors, and both say shipping routes are closed. Is anyone else running into this?

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Anyone worried?



With everything happening in the Middle East, is anyone else concerned that our shipments from China might not arrive? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about China's involvement.

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Is the issue on the Chinese customs side, or is it US customs? And what is the current situation for Europe?
 
I remember reading a claim that US Customs was tightening enforcement, yet I have no evidence or details to back that up.
 
JulezZ said:

Is the issue on the Chinese customs side, or is it US customs? And what is the current situation for Europe?
Neither of these orders made it out of China before being halted. I can't tell whether customs is the reason or if the couriers are sending them back due to the war.
 
Multiple orders of mine have been held up at China customs. Each time, the vendor has shipped the order again through a different channel, and it has arrived fine. US customs has never given me any trouble.
 
darkhounds said:

JulezZ said:

Is the issue on the Chinese customs side, or is it US customs? And what is the current situation for Europe?
Neither of these orders made it out of China before being halted. I can't tell whether customs is the reason or if the couriers are sending them back due to the war.
I recall someone mentioning around December that FedEx was turning away parcels containing white powder originating from Hong Kong, though not from mainland China.
 
A few days back I placed an order, and then received a message stating that my package had been sent back because of "the war," with a promise that it would be shipped again. It seems odd that a delivery from China to Australia would need to pass anywhere close to the Middle East.
 
I've got a hunch about what's going on. Both Fedex and dhl have stated they're adding surcharges to shipments due to the war. My guess is parcels are getting sent back to the shipping agents because those agents have to re quote and resend. I could be way off

Another possibility is that a lot of these distributors all rely on 1 freight forwarder, and for some reason the shipping companies have flagged that forwarder

Just guessing here
 
From what I understand, nearly every vendor sends goods to Australia in large batches, using a reshipping service that then forwards them within the country—likely to complicate customs checks? I’m not sure if this is how it works in the US, but the tracking often shows the package stuck in a very local area, where these reshipping businesses operate, for 1 to 2 weeks before it finally starts moving.
 
lessthanhalf said:

From what I understand, nearly every vendor sends goods to Australia in large batches, using a reshipping service that then forwards them within the country—likely to complicate customs checks? I’m not sure if this is how it works in the US, but the tracking often shows the package stuck in a very local area, where these reshipping businesses operate, for 1 to 2 weeks before it finally starts moving.
That's a first for me with the vendor I normally use 🤯

That said, I placed 2 orders during CNY with one of the suppliers listed on here, and the tracking only ever showed movement inside my own state. With my original person, I normally watch it travel all the way from china. Now it all adds up
 
Back
Top