What happens when you come off of Tessamorelin?

dorythedoggy

Explorer
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
CALIFORNIA
From what I read, nearly everyone—perhaps all participants—in the trials who used Tess and then stopped cycling ultimately regained every bit of the visceral fat they had lost.

That said, I'd guess a lot of folks in these forums are using a different peptide to manage weight, such as Retratirude/GLP1/Traz/etc.

So I wanted to ask: has anyone here ever run a Tes cycle alongside another agonist, and if so, how did things go once they cycled off?
 
Those studies involved HIV patients who had lipodystrophy caused by the medications they took for treatment. It follows that the fat would come right back, because they kept taking the drug responsible for it. My view is that with adjustments to lifestyle and diet, the fat ought to remain gone. Still, as with any form of weight loss, without adopting healthier habits, the fat comes back.
 
When I stop taking it for a while, I drop a lot of water. At times I suspect the tesa fills my muscles with water, which makes my scale show a lower fat percentage…because once I go off it, that number climbs pretty fast…

No idea. Regardless, my body fat percent looks great, but I question whether it's simply messing with the numbers.
 
CallieKat said:

When I stop taking it for a while, I drop a lot of water. At times I suspect the tesa fills my muscles with water, which makes my scale show a lower fat percentage…because once I go off it, that number climbs pretty fast…

No idea. Regardless, my body fat percent looks great, but I question whether it's simply messing with the numbers.
This tracks, since tesa may lead to water retention. Once you quit, that extra water gets flushed out, so the scale drops even though fat hasn't gone anywhere. As a result, fat accounts for a larger share of whatever weight is left.
 
Visceral fat doesn't just appear overnight. Depending on how poorly your diet is, it can take weeks or even months, lol.
 
dustball3000 said:

Does visceral-type fat always sit over muscle?
That's a valid question, so I went and researched it.

Actually, no—visceral fat isn't always sitting on top of muscle. In the belly region, it's the reverse. Visceral fat (sometimes referred to as intra-abdominal or organ fat) lies deep within the abdominal cavity, wrapping around organs such as the liver, intestines, stomach, and kidneys. It is positioned beneath (deep to) the abdominal muscles and the abdominal wall.

  • Subcutaneous fat forms the layer directly under the skin—the kind you can pinch on your belly, arms, or thighs. It lies above (superficial to) the muscles.
  • Visceral fat sits further in, concealed behind or under the firm abdominal muscles, and you can't see or pinch it from the outside.
Because of where it sits, visceral fat is tougher to "spot-reduce" through exercises like crunches (which mostly work the muscles above it) and is more strongly tied to health risks such as insulin resistance, heart disease, and metabolic problems—being close to organs lets it dump fatty acids and inflammatory substances straight into the portal vein headed to the liver.
 
Thanks! While using GLPs, I lost all the fat I could pinch on my belly (I used to inject there, but it got hard to do), though it still protrudes somewhat. I'm hoping tesa will fix that.
 
Back
Top