What dose should I start Sema at?

cloratheshadow

Explorer
Joined
Mar 22, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Right now I’m on 4mg Reta and 9mg Tirz, though I’m testing out a swap of Tirz for Sema (it works out cheaper, and the eventual aim is Reta alone, but I want a bit extra appetite suppression)

My Sema shows up in about two hours and the first dose is going in. What dose should I start with?? It has been 6 days since my last Tirz dose and the level sitting in my system is about 7.5.

1mg was what I had in mind but I’m not sure. Starting too high and collecting a pile of symptoms is not what I want.
 
cloratheshadow said:

Right now I’m on 4mg Reta and 9mg Tirz, though I’m testing out a swap of Tirz for Sema (it works out cheaper, and the eventual aim is Reta alone, but I want a bit extra appetite suppression)

My Sema shows up in about two hours and the first dose is going in. What dose should I start with?? It has been 6 days since my last Tirz dose and the level sitting in my system is about 7.5.

1mg was what I had in mind but I’m not sure. Starting too high and collecting a pile of symptoms is not what I want.

9mg of Reta every 3.5 days is my current routine (18mg/week). For my first Sema dose I took .25mg and spent 2-3 days feeling the most bleh I've felt on my peptide journey. That bleh used to last only minutes, and only periodically when escalating. These days I take .125mg every 3.5 days. Getting sick did not happen and life carried on, but bleh was definitely the word.

The bleh was stout enough that I pushed my usual Reta dose back, which the graph above the 7 in "June 7" shows.





2b1d4b3f7c2b425f3ae4c79a08ae26449d6faf29c18b600c84f6eddcce7d2449.webp


YMMV, my expectation was .25mg 2x/week. Taking .25mg to start with is not something I regret, but for folk who get sides easily, smaller amounts more often is probably the safer route. Try a starter dose, give it a few days to see how it suits you, then take more on that basis.
 
Back
Top