What does a typical day of eating look like on Tirz/Reta?

Whether I was on tirz or not, my pattern is 2 meals per day: one around 11 AM to 1 PM, then another between 5 PM and 7 PM. I stick to the same dishes with minor tweaks, and that suits me perfectly.

My main plate: a baked sweet potato alongside sautéed vegetables (various combinations of broccoli, mushrooms, onions, pepper, kale, Brussels sprouts)

For sauce, I stir 1 scoop of protein powder into mashed avocado (and add other actual sauces too — tahini, teriyaki, mayo, and so on)

Then dessert: cashews plus a yogurt-style mixture I make at home (mashed bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, cinnamon, vanilla, almond milk, full fat coconut milk), served with fruit (blueberries, strawberries, or watermelon)

Portions end up really small. I consistently finish with leftovers because I'm full. It's kind of astonishing to me. Tirz is new for me, and there's still a quiet worry in the back of my mind about starvation since the amount of food seems so tiny 😅
 
rkbleddyn said:

On the day I take Tirz and the following day, I barely eat anything — it's just not possible for me. The other days of the week, I eat below survival-level amounts since the GI side effects hit me too hard and I have almost no appetite nearly all the time. I'm attempting to push through 8 weeks to find out whether this is sustainable, but I'm currently at week 6 and I really doubt I can continue for 2 more weeks.
Which tirz dose are you taking? It sounds like a reduction is in order
 
A dish I really enjoyed during my weight-loss phase—these days I'm at maintenance, so it's been quite some time since I last prepared it..

On top, I'd put green onions, gumbo file, and hot sauce

8424b0924e74be1acd20072999f4deca02a906c2fc236bf3e1b4856bb4f57a0c.webp
 
Chattermax said:

rkbleddyn said:

On the day I take Tirz and the following day, I barely eat anything — it's just not possible for me. The other days of the week, I eat below survival-level amounts since the GI side effects hit me too hard and I have almost no appetite nearly all the time. I'm attempting to push through 8 weeks to find out whether this is sustainable, but I'm currently at week 6 and I really doubt I can continue for 2 more weeks.
Which tirz dose are you taking? It sounds like a reduction is in order
Yeah...likely. My tirz aim is to have the first 2-3 days go smoothly with a bit of burping, yet still get solid appetite and portion control...then food noise creeps back a day or three before the next pin...the misery that was being described would be impossible for me to endure...😳
 
My diet is roughly 90% carnivore. Around 1 time per week, I'll add a small amount of carbs to 1 meal, and I might have about 2 straight drinks on the rocks each week—though not every week.
 
rkbleddyn said:

On the day I take Tirz and the following day, I barely eat anything — it's just not possible for me. The other days of the week, I eat below survival-level amounts since the GI side effects hit me too hard and I have almost no appetite nearly all the time. I'm attempting to push through 8 weeks to find out whether this is sustainable, but I'm currently at week 6 and I really doubt I can continue for 2 more weeks.
Dawg 😂 Why not just lower the dose???

What I had today... 1 apple, 1 banana, probiotics, a pound of beef made in the air fryer, fish oil, and pasta with olive pil
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I’ve been taking Tirz for roughly 3 months and have lost around 20 pounds. I’ve been exercising and, for the most part, sticking to good eating habits. I’m just wondering what the rest of you are eating while on these meds. Extra credit if you also describe what an average day of eating looked like when you were at your heaviest. I’m trying to understand just how much appetite is actually suppressed.
My own routine is likely not great, but here's what I do:

1 cup egg whites, 1 cup whole milk, and 1 to 2 scoops of protein.

I'll also have 6 oz of Walmart rotisserie chicken with the skin taken off, half cup cottage cheese, plus a bit of hot sauce.

Later in the evening I aim to get in another shake, or I'll have some extra chicken alongside a potato.
 
Stormblessed91 said:


Mine is probably bad but I do:

1 cup egg whites, 1 cup whole milk, 1 to 2 scoops of protein.

I also eat 6 oz of Walmart rotisserie chicken without the skin, half cup cottage cheese and a little hot sauce.

At night I try to drink another shake or eat a little bit more chicken with a potato.

Click to expand...
It really seems like you're nailing those protein targets! That's great! Do you have any fruits or vegetables in your diet?
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I’ve been taking Tirz for roughly 3 months and have lost around 20 pounds. I’ve been exercising and, for the most part, sticking to good eating habits. I’m just wondering what the rest of you are eating while on these meds. Extra credit if you also describe what an average day of eating looked like when you were at your heaviest. I’m trying to understand just how much appetite is actually suppressed.

How I ate before starting research (330lb, still climbing): I'd show up at work and down 32oz of coffee, each cup loaded with a packet of hot chocolate. Lunch was a double order from the food carts near the office — either Mexican (a quesadilla plus a burrito) or Asian (a duo bowl with tofu, beef, 2 cups of rice and 2 pot stickers), which basically meant I was eating fat. Once home, I'd sneak leftovers before the rest of the family arrived, eat dinner with them, and finish with something sweet. All of that got washed down with plenty of zero sugar variation drinks.

How I eat during research (2mos in, 310lb and dropping):

At work I chug a cafe latte protein shake (30g protein).

Lunch — a turkey sandwich with 1 slice of low fat cheese on keto bread, or a second protein drink (30-35g protein).

Before dinner — a protein shake blended with fresh fruit (40-60g protein), or 12oz of tuna mixed with low fat mayo on keto bread (60-70g protein).

Dinner — veggies stir fried in sesame oil with a block of medium firm tofu, homemade sauce, and 2 cups of jasmine rice (about 60g protein). Or chicken breast with veggies. I never manage to finish the whole dinner, so I stretch it across a couple of days.

Since the peps killed my appetite, protein is what I make sure to get in first. Do fruits and veggies still have a place? Hell to the yes! It's berry season where I live, fuck counting the carbs. Fruit sits easy on my stomach and is packed with oodles of vitamins and minerals. The side effects keep me from bingeing on anything. Tracking down foods that don't bring on gas and burps from hell feels like a major win. On peps, lots of people's tastes shift. Personally, I have to go easy on beef and onions. No idea why.
 
3 mos in on Reta, and right now I take 2-3mg twice a week.

Morning shake: 2 scoops of grass fed whey protein, 1c frozen fruit, 1c skim milk, 1 scoop collagen powder, 1c ice, 1 banana. That blends into 40oz of milkshake, which comes to 585 cal and 68g protein.

I make sure to get at least 100oz of water in over the course of the day.

Hunger doesn't hit me until 3-4pm.

Once it does, I eat a prepped meal I made ahead: 4oz measured weight of rotisserie chicken, 5oz of potatoes, 1Tb real butter, roughly half a cup of fresh green beans, and plenty of salt and No-Salt.

For snacks, an apple plus a couple sticks of string cheese.

If I'm hungry in the evening or before bed, I'll have a protein yogurt drink for 20g protein (having the yogurt in the evening seems to help me sleep better).

I aim for 1300-1600 cal and 100-150g protein daily.
 
Morning meal: a baked oats dish with added protein and plenty of fiber

Midday meal: for work, either a filling soup made ahead or rice with beans and chicken

Evening meal: this changes; I aim to include a protein and a carb.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:


That sounds like you’re killing it with protein goals! That’s awesome! Do you eat fruit or veggies at all?

Click to expand...
Yeah, occasionally I'll eat an apple or a banana. Vegetables are a no-go for me, though. I've simply never been a fan lol
 
53/M

SW: 317

CW: 267

Usually I take in 1700-1900 calories each day

Morning meal: 2 eggs cooked in grass fed butter, plus a Protein Shake

Midday meal: Steak Salad (3oz) containing avacado, blue cheese crumbles, tomato, house vinagerette dressing

Evening meal: Steak or Chicken alongside Sweet Potato
 
My intake varies day to day.

Morning meal: 2 whole wheat English muffins paired with turkey sausage (go ahead and criticize the processed meat all you like), plus high protein yogurt and berries.

Midday: a store-bought premade salad, and possibly a protein shake.

Evening: whichever Crockpot dish I made for the week. Most days I land between 1600-1700 calories.

On some weekend days, I drop the lunch salad and have only a protein shake. Then I'll work those veggies into a dinner like chicken and rice.
 
Reading through all these replies has made one thing clear to me: I'm not eating enough. I simply forget to eat. That was already true before I started tirz (adhd galore)

Breakfast- nothing

Lunch- typically nothing

Dinner- whatever the family meal is. If it isn't something I like, I just pick at it. I'm noticing that my food choices have basically gone back to being a 2 year old's. It has to be 'just right' or I won't eat anything at all. Nothing processed and no junk. But unless it's freshly prepped veggies and chicken/salmon with brown rice, I pretty much don't eat.

On a good day I'll have eggs in the morning and then either Brussel sprouts, fresh green beans, asparagus and salmon for dinner.

Protein shakes/bars are something I hate and fruit I don't really like either, there's something about how it feels to chew fruits...eurgh. Veggies I love. Meat I like. Homemade bread I like. I do take a whole food multivitamin but even so, I need to get it together. It feels like my kids eat all day long.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I’ve been taking Tirz for roughly 3 months and have lost around 20 pounds. I’ve been exercising and, for the most part, sticking to good eating habits. I’m just wondering what the rest of you are eating while on these meds. Extra credit if you also describe what an average day of eating looked like when you were at your heaviest. I’m trying to understand just how much appetite is actually suppressed.

Morning meal: 2 protein bars plus a protein shake

Midday meal: 8 oz of chicken, 2 cheese sticks, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a 1/2 cup of carrots

Evening meal: 8 oz of ground beef, 1 cup of broccoli, 3 eggs, and 300 grams of white rice. (possibly dessert)

The plan above is mostly for days when I'm working (freight handling, plus heavy step counts of 15k +). Rest days look a little different, but I log everything I eat in MyFitnessPal. I get to 200 grams daily (worried about losing muscle)

Best of luck!
 
amosmylove said:

Reading through all these replies has made one thing clear to me: I'm not eating enough. I simply forget to eat. That was already true before I started tirz (adhd galore)

Breakfast- nothing

Lunch- typically nothing

Dinner- whatever the family meal is. If it isn't something I like, I just pick at it. I'm noticing that my food choices have basically gone back to being a 2 year old's. It has to be 'just right' or I won't eat anything at all. Nothing processed and no junk. But unless it's freshly prepped veggies and chicken/salmon with brown rice, I pretty much don't eat.

On a good day I'll have eggs in the morning and then either Brussel sprouts, fresh green beans, asparagus and salmon for dinner.

Protein shakes/bars are something I hate and fruit I don't really like either, there's something about how it feels to chew fruits...eurgh. Veggies I love. Meat I like. Homemade bread I like. I do take a whole food multivitamin but even so, I need to get it together. It feels like my kids eat all day long.
If you don't eat, muscle loss will happen, and that isn't a good outcome
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

amosmylove said:

Reading through all these replies has made one thing clear to me: I'm not eating enough. I simply forget to eat. That was already true before I started tirz (adhd galore)

Breakfast- nothing

Lunch- typically nothing

Dinner- whatever the family meal is. If it isn't something I like, I just pick at it. I'm noticing that my food choices have basically gone back to being a 2 year old's. It has to be 'just right' or I won't eat anything at all. Nothing processed and no junk. But unless it's freshly prepped veggies and chicken/salmon with brown rice, I pretty much don't eat.

On a good day I'll have eggs in the morning and then either Brussel sprouts, fresh green beans, asparagus and salmon for dinner.

Protein shakes/bars are something I hate and fruit I don't really like either, there's something about how it feels to chew fruits...eurgh. Veggies I love. Meat I like. Homemade bread I like. I do take a whole food multivitamin but even so, I need to get it together. It feels like my kids eat all day long.
If you don't eat, muscle loss will happen, and that isn't a good outcome
You're spot on. It's certainly not an ideal spot to find yourself in. I'm making a real effort to increase my intake, just so I can have the energy to get through daily life. That tiredness is no joke.
 
Back
Top