What does a typical day of eating look like on Tirz/Reta?

Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
I’ve been taking Tirz for roughly 3 months and have lost around 20 pounds. I’ve been exercising and, for the most part, sticking to good eating habits. I’m just wondering what the rest of you are eating while on these meds. Extra credit if you also describe what an average day of eating looked like when you were at your heaviest. I’m trying to understand just how much appetite is actually suppressed.
 
I'll start.

Morning meal – homemade grown-up snack plate

3 ounces of turkey

1 slice of cheese

A small amount of blueberries

1 mini cucumber

Ranch dressing

Midday meal – protein shake plus 1 banana

Evening meal – salad with grilled chicken
 
JUST AIR AND THOUGHTS

But seriously, it varies based on how aggressively I'm cutting during a particular stretch.

Most recently, my day looked like this:

Morning - Protein Bar & Protein Shake

Midday: 2-3 chicken breasts with boiled veggies

Evening - Sandwich or Yogurt.

Lots and LOTS of zero calories soda, though that's just because I'm an addict (plus a gallon of water too).

I track my macros, protein especially, so I'd throw in another Protein Shake when necessary to hit my protein target.

Occasionally snacks, occasionally not.

It seems like plenty of people on GLPs aren't getting nearly enough protein at all, so that combined with starving themselves leads to that malnourished/deflated appearance.
 
After a year of Tirz, I started using protein shakes in place of breakfast, since I'd read that glp1 might consume some muscle mass. I was never concerned because less weight means less muscle is needed (IMO). I don't work out at all (+I'm retired). Once tirz quit working after 1 year, I moved to reta. I'm closing in on my 2 year mark, 100# down. I eat whatever, just smaller amounts (I also take Cagri: it gives me nausea, so I genuinely don't want to eat much). I reduced carbs by more than 75%. Mostly proteins, plus fruits/vegy(antioxydants). I'm 4# away from my goal. Protein shakes were a big help, particularly for nighttime munchies. BMI went from 41 to 26. I might continue until BMI 24. Over the past year, my ketones stay high, which confirms my protein intake is at a good level. Data shows cutting calories is much more effective (Return on effort) than trying to burn them.
 
On the day I take Tirz and the following day, I barely eat anything — it's just not possible for me. The other days of the week, I eat below survival-level amounts since the GI side effects hit me too hard and I have almost no appetite nearly all the time. I'm attempting to push through 8 weeks to find out whether this is sustainable, but I'm currently at week 6 and I really doubt I can continue for 2 more weeks.
 
Down 30 lbs on Tirz, and my dose has stayed under 3.5mg the whole time. Mornings start with just a few sips of coffee with cream — I haven't finished a whole cup since starting in Feb. By 10:00 I'll take a protein shake with collagen mixed in, and occasionally eggs too. At 1:00 it's either chicken salad or a cup (or more) of 2% cottage cheese topped with berries or mango. Then at 3:00 comes another protein shake. For dinner I typically have grilled fish or chicken alongside a big salad or veggies, and sometimes I'll add a sweet potato. In the later evening there's one more protein drink plus greek yogurt with berries or mango again — a peach if I have one. All day long, water is the only thing I drink.

Before this, I was a grazer — no real meals or routine, just lots of nuts and sweets whenever they were within reach. Bread, too — I really love a hearty loaf with creamy butter. Dinners were random, though an Italian night would show up with 2 slices of pizza or lasagna, or we'd go out for Mexican and I'd have the chips, salsa and Sangria. I also drank far more alcohol back then, mostly low-carb beers or vodka with water and lime. Honestly, I ate fairly well overall — the portions were just much larger. For over 20 years my diet has leaned higher protein and lower carb... but clearly I was eating a lot of it, with some indulgent weeks sprinkled in. Tirzepatide has made it simpler to stay strict.
 
In May by itself, I dropped 19lbs while on Reta. Usually I'll have a Factor meal, which gives me 45g protein along with 20g carbs. For breakfast I blend up a smoothie containing AG1, creatine, BCAAS, 60g of plain whey, L-Carnitine, and green banana powder. At lunch I'll have a second, smaller protein smoothie that has roughly 30g protein. After that I fast for the remainder of the day.

It appears to be doing the job. Altogether that's about 140g protein, 50g Carbs, and roughly 1100 calories. I also consume a huge amount of water.
 
Morning - 50g protein shake, 380 calories

Coffee - 30, 50 cals

Midday - something with beans - 400-500 calories, 40g protein

Between meals - a bar or drink, 20-25g protein

Evening - 800-1000 calories of something, aiming for 50g protein.

Late snack - 100-200 calories of junk
 
Morning meal - Yogurt with 1c berries and protein powder (50g protein)

Midday meal - 3-4 cans of sardines (60-70g protein)

Evening meal - Chicken thighs with skin, ground beef, or steak (50-70g protein)

Between meals - Cottage cheese or nuts, so I reach my 200g daily protein target
 
Morning - Coffee plus my supplements

Midday - 3 eggs, cottage cheese, and either 2 sausage patties or bacon

Between meals - a Perfect amino bar or a shake

Evening - a ridiculous portion of chicken, steak, or ground beef alongside arugula, broccoli, or asparagus, and occasionally sweet potato

Cashews are what I graze on all day long. I know I ought to cut it out since I likely consume waaaaay more of them than I should, but they're my weakness!
 
Morning: coffee, my supplements, and my meds

Midday: lunch isn't really a thing for me

Evening: a chicken thigh, a burger, or some lean steak - with rice or sweet potato on the side

I can't tell whether it's the Reta going up or something else going on, but these past few weeks my craving for sugary junk food has been through the roof! Pizza, cookies, ice cream sandwiches... they keep calling out to me haha
 
Keeping it brief and simple, I have the same stuff daily😆 Mostly proteins, with carbs kept as low as possible. Fat sources are mainly avocado and clarified butter, used for frying... usually 2 meals a day. Meal 1 alternates between cottage cheese, 3 eggs, 150g chicken breast, and 30g whey isolate. Meal 2 is chicken or turkey breast, switching to lean minced beef. Avocado, blueberries/raspberries, and 30g whey isolate combined with chia seeds and skyr.
 
rkbleddyn said:

On the day I take Tirz and the following day, I barely eat anything — it's just not possible for me. The other days of the week, I eat below survival-level amounts since the GI side effects hit me too hard and I have almost no appetite nearly all the time. I'm attempting to push through 8 weeks to find out whether this is sustainable, but I'm currently at week 6 and I really doubt I can continue for 2 more weeks.
Have you thought about taking half the dose two times per week rather than all at once? I dealt with the same problems, and splitting the doses honestly resolved it in just 1 week.
 
ProblemChild said:

Morning meal - Yogurt with 1c berries and protein powder (50g protein)

Midday meal - 3-4 cans of sardines (60-70g protein)

Evening meal - Chicken thighs with skin, ground beef, or steak (50-70g protein)

Between meals - Cottage cheese or nuts, so I reach my 200g daily protein target
Is there any room for vegetables in your diet?
 
I start most mornings with coffee, and I have protein shakes blended with banana and peanut butter. Soft boiled eggs show up often too, along with a bit of kimchi. Dinner is usually a burger. I eat some vegetables, though not many, and I'll grab a handful of nuts now and then. This is basically my routine every day, totaling 1600-1900 calories. I'm 6'4" and 270 now, having gone from 301 three months ago. In 6-8 weeks I expect to be 260. Once I hit 240, I'll be jacked and ripped.
 
9 AM: A protein shake, typically with 40-50g of protein. I drink half immediately, then keep the rest for just before my daily 10 AM meetings.

2 PM: 4-6 oz of chicken or turkey... Plus a Fuji apple (Honeycrisp when Fuji isn't available)

7 PM: A grilled chicken salad with spinach or arugula, and sometimes Greek yogurt with peanut butter granola as dessert.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

ProblemChild said:

Morning meal - Yogurt with 1c berries and protein powder (50g protein)

Midday meal - 3-4 cans of sardines (60-70g protein)

Evening meal - Chicken thighs with skin, ground beef, or steak (50-70g protein)

Between meals - Cottage cheese or nuts, so I reach my 200g daily protein target
Is there any room for vegetables in your diet?
Not really. I spent close to 3 years eating carnivore before I started Reta.
 
Counting calories isn't something I bother with. My focus is simply on how much protein I get in.

For the most part I go with whole foods — stuff you could harvest from the ground, take off a tree, or hunt and then eat.

That said, when my protein for the day is coming up short, I blend up my own shakes to push the number higher.
 
51 year old guy here, currently cutting. 5 foot 9, was 202lbs 2 weeks ago, 195 today, taking 3mg reta per week plus 200mg of testosterone cypinate per week. On days I don't lift I eat 1700 calories, on lifting days 1800. Protein sits at 190-200 grams. My go-to foods: no sugar added Greek Yogurt with blueberries, protein drinks, and a normal homemade lunch and dinner. Everything gets weighed and tracked. I keep carbs low, though protein is the only macro I actually pay attention to.

I dropped 70 pounds using tirz, began in February of 2025, and I've held that weight steady for 6-8 months.

At this point it's just fine tuning. Never figured I'd have abs at 51, but here we are.

The pic in my signature is from a couple days ago.
 
Right now I'm taking in roughly 2000 calories daily, split across 3 meals plus 1 protein shake or bar.

My gf does weekly meal prep for me, so this week the lineup is

Breakfast burritos made with eggs/whites, chicken sausage, ground beef, cheese

Chicken Thighs (Italian Marinade), Potatoes, Carrots

Chicken Thighs (Tariyaki Marinade), Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes
 
Back
Top