What could Retatrutide's brand name be? Share your ideas

OregonSunshine

Explorer
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Portland, OR
Reta is not yet formally approved or launched by the FDA, though once that happens, Eli Lilly is going to give it a brand name.

So what do you think they'll go with? Give us your top picks.

And if the decision were yours, what name would you choose?

Joke answers and serious ones are both welcome.

Personally, I think Adonicity could be a possibility (it takes inspiration from Adonis).

If I had the choice, I'd go with Slinky, Slenderize, or Roll Tide? (lol)
 
Surely the supply of absurd, tongue-twisting medication names has to be exhausted by now? If it were up to me, I'd pick something between Tibetan throat chanting and the noises dolphins make.
 
cashgrabic

paydayatide

ohellyeah

suckahsgonnapayusisall (though coming up with a jingle for that one is going to be a pain) 🤣
 
I've heard Retzoundi and Retkouru floated as possibilities, though my personal pick would be a nod to the past: Obetrol.
 
8089f92c63b0b4d180227e50c04ec1a206c7a9368b0f3abc9a4f317236328e82.webp
 
Chili777 said:

Surely the supply of absurd, tongue-twisting medication names has to be exhausted by now? If it were up to me, I'd pick something between Tibetan throat chanting and the noises dolphins make.
You mention Tibetan throat singing? I'll top that with Tuvan throat singing.

(And there's an excellent documentary at https://www.genghisblues.com covering the original singer/songwriter behind "Jet Airliner.")
 
Retatatrim

Slimtastic!

Slimpossible!

Slenderella/Slenderfella

Retralean

Sveltitude

Giptidagon

Retraxa

AdiosAdipose!

Thiccnomore
 
I'll throw out Big Toe Fetish, or perhaps Salisbury Yogurt. Hold on—those are actually the names I've picked for my race horses, together with Faithful Mistress and Foul Mouthed Parrot.
 
oldrunnerguy said:

Retatatrim

Slimtastic!

Slimpossible!

Slenderella/Slenderfella

Retralean

Sveltitude

Giptidagon

Retraxa

AdiosAdipose!

Thiccnomore
That sounds like the winner to me! My spelling would be Retrexa. Hey Eli Lilly, royalty checks are welcome anytime. (happy to be paid in Tirz)
 
OregonSunshine said:

Reta is not yet formally approved or launched by the FDA, though once that happens, Eli Lilly is going to give it a brand name.

So what do you think they'll go with? Give us your top picks.

And if the decision were yours, what name would you choose?

Joke answers and serious ones are both welcome.

Personally, I think Adonicity could be a possibility (it takes inspiration from Adonis).

If I had the choice, I'd go with Slinky, Slenderize, or Roll Tide? (lol)
If they had the guts to label it DEEZNUTZ, the stock price would skyrocket.
 
OregonSunshine said:

Reta is not yet formally approved or launched by the FDA, though once that happens, Eli Lilly is going to give it a brand name.

So what do you think they'll go with? Give us your top picks.

And if the decision were yours, what name would you choose?

Joke answers and serious ones are both welcome.

Personally, I think Adonicity could be a possibility (it takes inspiration from Adonis).

If I had the choice, I'd go with Slinky, Slenderize, or Roll Tide? (lol)
There's no point to this discussion—you clearly have plenty of spare time.
 
CMA Pooky said:

OregonSunshine said:

Reta is not yet formally approved or launched by the FDA, though once that happens, Eli Lilly is going to give it a brand name.

So what do you think they'll go with? Give us your top picks.

And if the decision were yours, what name would you choose?

Joke answers and serious ones are both welcome.

Personally, I think Adonicity could be a possibility (it takes inspiration from Adonis).

If I had the choice, I'd go with Slinky, Slenderize, or Roll Tide? (lol)
There's no point to this discussion—you clearly have plenty of spare time.
That would never work as a brand name—it's way too long.
 
CMA Pooky said:

OregonSunshine said:

Reta is not yet formally approved or launched by the FDA, though once that happens, Eli Lilly is going to give it a brand name.

So what do you think they'll go with? Give us your top picks.

And if the decision were yours, what name would you choose?

Joke answers and serious ones are both welcome.

Personally, I think Adonicity could be a possibility (it takes inspiration from Adonis).

If I had the choice, I'd go with Slinky, Slenderize, or Roll Tide? (lol)
There's no point to this discussion—you clearly have plenty of spare time.
Yeah, but does it really beat the Cat Thread?
 
How do they land on these brand names when there's no connection to the compound itself? Ozempic, Wegovy, Mounjaro, Zepbound??? At this stage it feels like they're just feeding words into a random generator and drawing one out of a hat.
 
Back
Top