What can I take at lunchtime for an afternoon boost without wrecking my sleep?

Nopenada said:

Every day around noon, at my baseline, fatigue sets in. It hits especially hard once I've eaten. According to what I've read, that's just normal biology, which explains why an afternoon siesta is accepted in certain cultures.

Here in the U.S., pushing through is the only option people accept, and I normally manage it. Still, I wanted to know whether there's a pin I could take every day that would lift some of the brain fog, so I'd actually get things done instead of merely being there.

My sharpest hours come in the morning, so whatever I take near lunch needs to leave my sleep alone.
Mid day drowsiness is something I deal with too. This is just a guess, but try keeping breakfast and lunch on the smaller side, or skip them entirely. A protein shake with electrolytes could work. I picked up NAD+ not long ago, though I haven't worked my way up to a dose where I notice much. Consider the 1000mg option so that when you recon it, the concentration ends up high enough that the injection volume stays small. My take is to eat light and keep moving until you're back home for the day
 
sixgallery said:

I'm in the same boat — I've been diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia. If you're open to options beyond peptides, Modafinil and methylphenidate (not taken together) have worked well in my case.
Methylphenidate is a huge help! The problem is I stayed on it for way too long, and it made me pretty irritable, so I had to stop for a while.
 
Nopenada said:

Every day around noon, at my baseline, fatigue sets in. It hits especially hard once I've eaten. According to what I've read, that's just normal biology, which explains why an afternoon siesta is accepted in certain cultures.

Here in the U.S., pushing through is the only option people accept, and I normally manage it. Still, I wanted to know whether there's a pin I could take every day that would lift some of the brain fog, so I'd actually get things done instead of merely being there.

My sharpest hours come in the morning, so whatever I take near lunch needs to leave my sleep alone.
What's on your plate?

Most often, the culprit is an insulin spike triggered by the meal (from fast carbs / sugars)

One option: reduce the carbs in that meal (or pair them with sufficient fiber and protein), then take a 10-15 min. walk afterward.

Alternatively... you could try some meth.





cec2badaa2bdc065f11365de9c6315046bb08d65eb89a669517295f930c7fa00.gif
 
Back
Top