What are your top biohacks for menstrual cramps?

mixie

Explorer
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
aus
Period pain has been a constant for me for as long as I can remember. When I began reta, I was really hoping my periods might get easier, but no such luck—they've remained exactly the same, neither improved nor worsened.

That said, while following a keto diet I did have a handful of periods that were pain-free. The trouble is, keto is far too hard to stick with long-term, so it's not a real fix. Could some kind of carb-containing food be the culprit?

Has anyone managed to get rid of their period pain completely, or at least dial it down a lot? Peptides? Supplements? Changes to daily habits? I'm all ears—share what worked!
 
I came across some random advice saying that moving your toes around could be beneficial, since the nerves in the toes connect to the spine at the same spot as the nerves for the uterus. Whether I actually believe that myself, I'm not sure, but trying it costs nothing and carries no danger.

Right now I'm giving gluten free a go. Over the last 100 years, wheat has undergone a lot of changes.
 
A few days back I restarted KPV, with the hope that my periods might respond to it. Whether the bloating disappearing overnight can really be credited to it, I can't say for sure — but I'll definitely give it another go for that reason alone.
 
Sex. Having plenty of sex during your period. For years my wife dealt with severe cramping. We began having a TON of sex throughout her cycle. issue solved.

Still, I'm with the person above, carnivore diet. Give it a go.
 
It really saddens me that you've had to deal with this for your whole life. I don't have any fixes to offer—just sympathy, and I hope you find helpful responses. 🥰
 
No tricks to share from me. But honestly, the day ibuprofen hit shelves without a prescription back in 1984? Total game changer for me... well, it made a huge difference at least. Nothing truly wiped out the pain until I went through menopause.

(It's wild to think many folks don't realize ibuprofen was once prescription-only.)
 
mixie said:

Period pain has been a constant for me for as long as I can remember. When I began reta, I was really hoping my periods might get easier, but no such luck—they've remained exactly the same, neither improved nor worsened.

That said, while following a keto diet I did have a handful of periods that were pain-free. The trouble is, keto is far too hard to stick with long-term, so it's not a real fix. Could some kind of carb-containing food be the culprit?

Has anyone managed to get rid of their period pain completely, or at least dial it down a lot? Peptides? Supplements? Changes to daily habits? I'm all ears—share what worked!
The root cause is glucose and insulin resistance. Once those are addressed, cramps can ease or vanish completely. Keto and keto carnivore are the top diets, and as you saw, you improved. It's a shame you can't switch your life to keto.
 
My cramping isn't that severe, but ovulation...omg. That pain is the absolute worst. It takes me down to the floor, and I've searched appendicitis more times than I can count. "Fortunately?" I have PCOS/PMOS and use the Opill, so ovulation doesn't happen as frequently now. I'm crossing my fingers that reta and losing weight will make a difference with this.
 
Back
Top