What Are You Most Excited About?

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
It feels like every conversation here revolves around the peps and the procedural BS involved in getting them and maintaining them. Drop a comment below about what you're most looking forward to once you've regained your health or dropped a massive amount of weight. If you've already reached the holly land of health, what can the rest of us look forward to? Is the journey worth it? For me, I can't wait to buy clothes that fit, and I really want a nice pair of sunglasses.

Bill
 
I spent a year going the "legitimate" route with Wegovy. Moving around more easily, no more aching joints, and actually feeling like my clothes suit me (plus needing—or getting—to replace my whole wardrobe).

The only negatives so far are the loose skin and the expense, but that's a tiny trade-off for what I'm gaining.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

It feels like every conversation here revolves around the peps and the procedural BS involved in getting them and maintaining them. Drop a comment below about what you're most looking forward to once you've regained your health or dropped a massive amount of weight. If you've already reached the holly land of health, what can the rest of us look forward to? Is the journey worth it? For me, I can't wait to buy clothes that fit, and I really want a nice pair of sunglasses.

Bill
CLOTHES! Plus getting rid of the pain, NO QUESTION!! And is it asking too much if I also want that zest back? 🙂
 
7 months in for me, and 25kg (55lbs) down. Mood, energy, pain relief, overall health — every one of those is climbing. My goal weight is still 50lbs away, and I'm allowing myself another year to reach it. Should I end up feeling any better than this, keeping a smile off my face would be impossible 😁

Clothing, though? That's where things get delicate. The equivalent of 4 large suitcases has already gone to a thrift shop or some charity of that sort. Premium/designer brands made up over 50% of it. Reaching my goal weight would mean nearly tripling that number, since right now practically nothing hanging in my wardrobe will fit once I'm there... socks and ties aside.
 
When I lost weight without medication (and I figure GLP-1 will play out the same way), the changes I noticed were: confidence went up, energy went up, mood improved, and my acid reflux disappeared entirely. Then, after some time, depression symptoms showed up — something I had never dealt with before in my life. Whether the two were connected, I can't say, but it is a recognized issue. Thankfully, that too has been manageable. Life is simply far better when you aren't hauling around such an enormous burden, physically and mentally, at all times.
 
There's a pickleball crew in my area that I notice out there every weekend, and I'd love to join them on the court. As a chubby grandma, I'd be gasping for air 2 minutes in. Now that I'm slimming down, each 5 pound loss makes the idea feel more within reach.
 
I was 180 lbs at 5 ft 1 when I began. These days, on maintenance, my weight goes back and forth between 115-120. Sema is what I started with, and Reta is what I finished on and still use to maintain.

My BP is perfect. Every blood test came back good- cholesterol is lower, a1c is normal, liver values are normal. The only numbers that might be off: fasting glucose runs low, and my Creatinine sits in the 40's. My PCP only mentioned keeping sugar snacks nearby for low glucose symptoms, and said nothing regarding Creatinine. My guess is that low creatinine means muscle loss, which can be fixed.

My self-image has improved. I carry more confidence. Others treat me better (fatphobia is real!)

The downside- shelling out cash for a whole new wardrobe!!!
 
I noticed a few people brought up clothing. My own wardrobe is huge — borderline hoarding, honestly. Back when I hit 215, I kept wearing certain pieces anyway, and they didn't look awful. These days I'm at 160, which is where I wanted to land, and every single item works on me. It genuinely surprises me that I used to cram 55 extra pounds into those same clothes. Being able to grab anything at random and have it fit and look right — that's something I really enjoy.

No more putting something on and then hunting for tricks to disguise how poorly it sits on me. No more swapping tops 5 times just so I don't "look fat."

Summer is what I'm excited about — throwing on whatever I want and not having it leave me feeling bad.

We're way too hard on ourselves, and that's a real shame.
 
Being able to shop for clothes anywhere I want is something I'm really looking forward to. Plus sizes will no longer be a factor for me.
 
jordekorn said:

I noticed a few people brought up clothing. My own wardrobe is huge — borderline hoarding, honestly. Back when I hit 215, I kept wearing certain pieces anyway, and they didn't look awful. These days I'm at 160, which is where I wanted to land, and every single item works on me. It genuinely surprises me that I used to cram 55 extra pounds into those same clothes. Being able to grab anything at random and have it fit and look right — that's something I really enjoy.

No more putting something on and then hunting for tricks to disguise how poorly it sits on me. No more swapping tops 5 times just so I don't "look fat."

Summer is what I'm excited about — throwing on whatever I want and not having it leave me feeling bad.

We're way too hard on ourselves, and that's a real shame.
It's wild that garments can handle such a huge swing in weight. There's something great about an outfit that sits right and seems tailored just for you. Nice work. Whenever someone mentions dropping 50 to 100 pounds, my mind goes to hauling that same amount around as a dumbbell or kettlebell from morning to night. No thanks.

Bill
 
This summer I can't wait to put on shorts — being too self-conscious about them has always held me back. On top of that, I registered for a 5K fun run event over the summer, something I've had on my wish list for ages. My goal weight is nearly reached at this point, so my focus is simply on improving my fitness.
 
Plenty of stuff lies ahead to be excited about, and a lot of it is pretty shallow — that's okay with me, I'm just as eager for those.

Does the trip justify itself? My starting point was 282lb, I'm at 227lb now, and roughly 40lb more remain. From where I stand, this whole ride has come remarkably cheap — both in dollars and in the work I've had to put in.

Yesterday I took a razor to my beard, mostly because I wanted a look at my own face... no regrets there.

Something I picked up in the last 7 days is a Onewheel. Sure, it's a toy, but there are real uses for it at my job. The Onewheel is rated for 275lb, though what matters more in practice is that a lighter rider can take it up steeper inclines. Sitting at 227lb and still shedding, I'm a far better fit for the Onewheel, and I've got more appetite for pointless physical hobbies across the board.





3deab718fb4de07f1d20f1179eb0dfb854883f03d72ed2ad7b91eb7115e437ec.webp
 
I can't wait to put on a swimsuit! AND JEANS! For years I've flat-out refused to purchase any jeans. Once I reach my goal weight, I'm treating myself to 5 EXPENSIVE new pairs.
 
Has everyone caught the South Park episode titled The End of Obesity? You can find it on Paramount +. Once the moms shed the pounds, they're all wearing crop tops. Best episode of all time.

Bill
 
I've dropped 115# and still have 20# left to lose. For me, the best part has to be how much simpler it is to travel now. My job has me flying occasionally, and it used to get pretty uncomfortable. I was right on the verge of having to request that awful seat belt extender. I can't get over the fact that this seatbelt actually fits me.

136b92241ad878677cad0d19a0fa9ca4d0cab5f30a8743ffa00fc9d136fb2fdd.webp
 
I’m close to the finish line, and here’s something many of you can anticipate: simply walking into a shop, choosing a few cute pieces, putting them on, and feeling great about how you look—even when the item turns out not to be right for you. The reason will be a mismatch with your style, not a body that needs to be dressed just so in order to look good.

(this only applies to people who don't feel beautiful when they're heavier than they want to be; if you do, then this won't be something you experience and also good on you.)
 
I've been on Tirz for roughly 4 months at this point, and the scale is dropping close to 2 pounds each week. What I really want is for someone - anyone at all - to ask, "Hey, have you lost some weight?" Not a single person around me has mentioned a word about it. Sigh....
 
spanky2026 said:

I've been on Tirz for roughly 4 months at this point, and the scale is dropping close to 2 pounds each week. What I really want is for someone - anyone at all - to ask, "Hey, have you lost some weight?" Not a single person around me has mentioned a word about it. Sigh....
I make a point of never bringing up anyone's weight. A woman I work with, who's had a tough time with her weight, told me that kind of remark just feeds the shame or the weight coming back down the road. Whether that's accurate, I can't say, but it's left me wary. Still, trust me—it doesn't slip past anyone.
 
Back
Top