What amazing non-scale victories have you experienced on your glp-1 journey??

For boat work, I'm able to fit into the tightest spaces on the vessel, and other boat owners actually come to me for assistance since they can't reach certain spots

I'm able to buy clothes I genuinely like without stressing over whether they'll hang on me like a tater sack once I put them on

What I really love is that hubby can fully wrap his arms around me without me worrying he's grabbing a fat roll. I also love that he can scoop me up in a bear hug and I'm not concerned about him throwing out his back 👀

The part I'm not loving is that wooden benches are off-limits now......they hurt

And I wasn't ready for the fact that, as a side sleeper, my knees can't touch anymore — it's bone on bone.
 
There are honestly so many that come to mind.. Stairs are no problem for me anymore — I can dash up and down them, my knees no longer make any noise! Plus I no longer have to grip the railings.

Every single item in my closet that was set aside for a slimmer version of me has now been worn!

While out shopping, I picked up a pair of my favorite pants in a size small.

The workout gear I got 2 months back is now loose on me.

My muscles are showing more, and I can feel them as I go about my day.

😁
 
PurpleSage said:

Kasos said:

PurpleSage said:

My blood pressure is getting back to normal. Crossing my legs is finally comfortable. Alcohol cravings are completely gone (which means more cash for kits!)
Same here!! And weirdly, it’s coffee in my case!!
Nope... my morning cup is still something I want!
It's something I really long for!!

desinr-gal said:

There are honestly so many that come to mind.. Stairs are no problem for me anymore — I can dash up and down them, my knees no longer make any noise! Plus I no longer have to grip the railings.

Every single item in my closet that was set aside for a slimmer version of me has now been worn!

While out shopping, I picked up a pair of my favorite pants in a size small.

The workout gear I got 2 months back is now loose on me.

My muscles are showing more, and I can feel them as I go about my day.

😁
So much!!! Adore adore adore!!!
 
This may sound strange…but is anyone else into feeling their collar bone?? For ages those things were buried… haha!!
 
My wife and I completed a 3 mile hike — the same one I had to quit last year before even reaching half of a mile. I've punched extra holes in my belt so my pants stay up, yet I'm still in the same clothes. My wife tells me they look bad now since they're so baggy, but I'm scared to go buy smaller clothes.
 
My desk chair is usable once more. For a stretch it served only as a spot to pile clothes. I never attempted to sit in it until I required somewhere to reconstitute—roughly 4 months after beginning tirz—and I was somewhat apprehensive about lowering myself down, thinking, “It’s going to be snug and unpleasant.” Then I discovered I fit: comfortably, with no issue at all!
 
Kasos said:

This may sound strange…but is anyone else into feeling their collar bone?? For ages those things were buried… haha!!
when it comes to me, it's the bones of my hips..
 
SeaGypsy said:

Kasos said:

This may sound strange…but is anyone else into feeling their collar bone?? For ages those things were buried… haha!!
It isn't the collarbone for me, though running my fingers over my hip bones is something I enjoy....lol

SeaGypsy said:

Kasos said:

This may sound strange…but is anyone else into feeling their collar bone?? For ages those things were buried… haha!!
It isn't the collarbone for me, though running my fingers over my hip bones is something I enjoy....lol
Definitely while lying in bed!
 
There are so many.

I can sit with my legs crossed whenever I want, simply because it's possible now.

My A1c dropped from 6.7 to 5.0.

I used to take 3 blood pressure medications; now I'm down to 1, and I'll be stopping that one before long.

Shopping at regular stores is something I can do now, and I look cute doing it. Just yesterday I picked up a pair of lg leggings. Before, I was in 4x.

This one strikes me as wild: my shoes are both smaller and narrower now.

My butt used to be so big that it was the first thing people noticed. Not anymore.

I'm able to see and feel my ribs.

I no longer have to wash constantly from sweating like a hog, which happened because I was so fat.

Since I eat less, I can treat myself to things I want.

I could keep listing them forever.
 
Seeing my muscles flex in the mirror blows my mind, particularly my abs. At 51, that's not too shabby.

I've got way more choices when it comes to clothes, and they actually look great on me.

My lower back and knees don't hurt anymore, and the inflammation has vanished 🙂
 
Kasos said:

My mind feels incredibly clear and sharp! Back in April I got a really bad concussion, and that turned into post-concussion syndrome. Now I feel like the old me has returned! I’m on Reta! I’d really like to hear about your non-scale victories!
What a fantastic discussion. The stories shared here are wonderful and truly motivating!
 
My blood pressure and cholesterol have improved to healthy levels. I can wear my wedding ring once more. And when my pain stems from an internal issue requiring surgery, doctors no longer tell me 'you just need to lose weight.'
 
Zuul said:

My blood pressure and cholesterol have improved to healthy levels. I can wear my wedding ring once more. And when my pain stems from an internal issue requiring surgery, doctors no longer tell me 'you just need to lose weight.'
Mine kept slipping off, so I ended up adding a spacer.
 
BNLFL said:

Kasos said:

FartfulCodger said:

Being able to look down and actually see my genitals once more. Though honestly, nobody would be lining up for that view. 🤣

Being able to weave through a crowd and past obstacles without any effort.

Being able to lean down and pick something up off the ground without getting completely winded.

BNLFL said:

All strong examples, everyone. For me, I'd say it's being able to wear my old clothes again after I'd been stuck with the 4 2X shirts and T-shirts I'd bought. I'm sure there are other things too.

Adding after the fact: my cholesterol and another have moved into mid range. Back in February my doctor was worried about that.
It’s wild that buying clothes in smaller sizes costs so much less!
The clothes I’m wearing are ones I already owned. Over the years, especially before and after I retired 2 years back, the weight crept on.

Builderman said:

Blood pressure went from 170/110 down to 121/81

Resting Heart Rate dropped from 87BPM to 62BPM
When I checked mine this afternoon, it was 118/68. Since I began Reta, my HR has climbed to roughly 80 BPM. Before that, it stayed near 72.

Mayostardayonnaise said:

We just welcomed a whippet puppy into our home, and honestly, on most days I’ve got more than enough energy to keep up with her ❤️ Without dropping all this weight, adding another member to the family basically wouldn’t have been possible. Once this little sweetheart has grown enough, I’ll be able to take her out for jogs 🤩
That dog could probably beat you in a race. lol Those animals move fast.
Totally typical! After I quit reta, my levels went back to where they started.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

BNLFL said:

Kasos said:

FartfulCodger said:

Being able to look down and actually see my genitals once more. Though honestly, nobody would be lining up for that view. 🤣

Being able to weave through a crowd and past obstacles without any effort.

Being able to lean down and pick something up off the ground without getting completely winded.

BNLFL said:

All strong examples, everyone. For me, I'd say it's being able to wear my old clothes again after I'd been stuck with the 4 2X shirts and T-shirts I'd bought. I'm sure there are other things too.

Adding after the fact: my cholesterol and another have moved into mid range. Back in February my doctor was worried about that.
It’s wild that buying clothes in smaller sizes costs so much less!
The clothes I’m wearing are ones I already owned. Over the years, especially before and after I retired 2 years back, the weight crept on.

Builderman said:

Blood pressure went from 170/110 down to 121/81

Resting Heart Rate dropped from 87BPM to 62BPM
When I checked mine this afternoon, it was 118/68. Since I began Reta, my HR has climbed to roughly 80 BPM. Before that, it stayed near 72.

Mayostardayonnaise said:

We just welcomed a whippet puppy into our home, and honestly, on most days I’ve got more than enough energy to keep up with her ❤️ Without dropping all this weight, adding another member to the family basically wouldn’t have been possible. Once this little sweetheart has grown enough, I’ll be able to take her out for jogs 🤩
That dog could probably beat you in a race. lol Those animals move fast.
Totally typical! After I quit reta, my levels went back to where they started.
Awesome!! What's your total time off Reta now? Does it really live up to the difficulty everyone talks about? haha
 
Back
Top