What amazing non-scale victories have you experienced on your glp-1 journey??

Kasos

Explorer
Joined
Jul 18, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Somewhere, TX
My mind feels incredibly clear and sharp! Back in April I got a really bad concussion, and that turned into post-concussion syndrome. Now I feel like the old me has returned! I’m on Reta! I’d really like to hear about your non-scale victories!
 
Being able to purchase small-sized clothing, having begun at 7xl, and a portion of those were so snug they could not be worn, and stores carried nothing larger.
 
I use a Samsung watch, and I switched from the large strap to the medium one. I dropped from size 38 jeans to 30, and from 2x shirts to medium.

Also, a six pack at 51 years old...
 
bada bing said:

BP was 145 over 85, now 115 over 75.
HbA1c went 5.9 to 5.0.
Exactly, right? Mine used to run low all the time, then it climbed as I put on pounds... now it's right back where yours is....On top of that, the doctor had me on statins, so, you know, whatever. Didn't like them at all, but after losing weight and seriously cleaning up how I eat, I stopped taking them over a month ago....I'll tell the doctor at my next appointment 👍 A win!...
 
lessthanhalf said:

Being able to purchase small-sized clothing, having begun at 7xl, and a portion of those were so snug they could not be worn, and stores carried nothing larger.
That is truly a remarkable achievement!!
 
Flash-BCR said:


Right? My blood pressure was always low until my weight started creeping up...back to same-same as your post....Also, Dr put me on statins, so like whatever. Not a fan, but with my weight loss and my WAY improved diet, I quit those a month+ ago....I let the Dr know on my next checkup 👍 Winning!..

Flash-BCR said:

bada bing said:

BP was 145 over 85, now 115 over 75.
HbA1c went 5.9 to 5.0.
Exactly, right? Mine used to run low all the time, then it climbed as I put on pounds... now it's right back where yours is....On top of that, the doctor had me on statins, so, you know, whatever. Didn't like them at all, but after losing weight and seriously cleaning up how I eat, I stopped taking them over a month ago....I'll tell the doctor at my next appointment 👍 A win!...
Being able to get off of meds huge!!

Click to expand...

TacoLifter420 said:

I use a Samsung watch, and I switched from the large strap to the medium one. I dropped from size 38 jeans to 30, and from 2x shirts to medium.

Also, a six pack at 51 years old...
Wait…a six pack at 51?? That's the goal!!!
 
ChAsEr435 said:

I've noticed I've been picking up a ton of cologne!!

It's my latest obsession
Fragrance collecting is a huge passion of mine too — my collection has more than 200 bottles! Honestly, every single perfume develops its own unique scent on my skin! My theory is that my ph level has shifted! I adore it!
 
Herkimer P Shagnasty said:

Restaurant booths are now comfortable for me to sit in. Plus, my stomach no longer presses against the steering wheel!
It must feel way cozier at this point!!
 
Flash-BCR said:

bada bing said:

BP was 145 over 85, now 115 over 75.
HbA1c went 5.9 to 5.0.
Exactly, right? Mine used to run low all the time, then it climbed as I put on pounds... now it's right back where yours is....On top of that, the doctor had me on statins, so, you know, whatever. Didn't like them at all, but after losing weight and seriously cleaning up how I eat, I stopped taking them over a month ago....I'll tell the doctor at my next appointment 👍 A win!...
What pushed me to finally begin Tirzepatide was that conversation with my physician. I'd already done a bit of reading by myself. But the moment the doctor suggested I go on a statin plus a betablocker, likely for the rest of my life, I headed home and located a compound telemedicine provider so I could get some delivered. A year and a half afterward, here I am.
 
Being able to look down and actually see my genitals once more. Though honestly, nobody would be lining up for that view. 🤣

Being able to weave through a crowd and past obstacles without any effort.

Being able to lean down and pick something up off the ground without getting completely winded.
 
Kasos said:

My mind feels incredibly clear and sharp! Back in April I got a really bad concussion, and that turned into post-concussion syndrome. Now I feel like the old me has returned! I’m on Reta! I’d really like to hear about your non-scale victories!
Tying my shoes or wiping my ass is no problem...
 
All strong examples, everyone. For me, I'd say it's being able to wear my old clothes again after I'd been stuck with the 4 2X shirts and T-shirts I'd bought. I'm sure there are other things too.

Adding after the fact: my cholesterol and another have moved into mid range. Back in February my doctor was worried about that.
 
My anxiety and depression have disappeared. Sleep apnea is no longer an issue. These days I hardly ever snore. Every blood marker is in range. Sure, dropping weight alone—without any GLP—could have produced the same results, but the GLP gave me the push to begin and helped me build the discipline I'll need going forward.
 
Back
Top