What am I doing wrong?

HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

Do you count your calories?
Yep! Every food and drink item gets logged. My macros are monitored too, so I know I'm meeting my protein and fiber targets. Right now I'm at 900-1,000 kcal/day. There's simply no room for more food.

@tubby thanks for sharing that article. I'll go through it tonight. Once sema became unavailable to me, I spent a few (3?) months with no glp at all. Then in Sept I returned to sema after discovering grey plus doing a month of research. To reach my last rx dose, I shortened each titration step to 2 weeks. Between Sept and Jan 1, my loss was minimal. Barely anything. Then on Jan 2, Tz.

Yes, I'll read the article once work is done. Thanks again!
How are your macros split? You may have to tweak the ratios.
Here's the issue... for 7 years now, my carb intake has stayed under the macros from the calculator.

My protein sits a bit below what you'd typically anticipate. I aim for 100g each day. Reaching that amount daily is tough. There's only so much I can consume. I avoid empty calories. All my choices center on protein and fiber. Nothing I eat has less than 15g per serving. I use protein powder as a supplement since eating enough solid food isn't possible. This is hands down my hardest part.
For what length of time have you been eating in a deficit? Your metabolic rate can drop when deficits are sustained over long stretches. Refeeds or diet breaks may be worth exploring.

View: https://youtu.be/8HVdLMnr40M?si=S-ISshxcVQ2nB7uR
 
It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling
 
HereKittyKitty said:

I haven't done that. Picking up sodium there would be a sneaky possibility.

Many of the well-known packet brands these days contain 500mg, while certain specialty options go up to 1,000mg of sodium.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling

For years I stuck to a rigid approach. I shed 100lbs, and along the way my metabolism got wrecked.
 
Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling

For years I stuck to a rigid approach. I shed 100lbs, and along the way my metabolism got wrecked.
So what comes next?
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling

For years I stuck to a rigid approach. I shed 100lbs, and along the way my metabolism got wrecked.
So what comes next?
Getting there, slowly.
 
Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling

For years I stuck to a rigid approach. I shed 100lbs, and along the way my metabolism got wrecked.
So what comes next?
Getting there, slowly.
Looks like booking an appointment with my RD is genuinely necessary.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling
Type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery, and sitting at 50% of your former body weight can account for a fair amount of weight stability despite eating so few calories. Research on how metabolism adapts over the long haul after weight loss is limited, yet it remains entirely plausible that a reduced metabolic rate can stick around for years—or even forever—following substantial weight reduction. That said, it does not offer much relief for what you are dealing with.
 
lessthanhalf said:

HereKittyKitty said:

It's been going on for quite a while. Breaking my usual eating patterns isn't something I do on a regular basis — only a handful of times each year. Perhaps I should be doing it more frequently? The thought of that makes me anxious. It's likely I should go back to my RD to get things back on track.

In 2019 I was dx with T2, and 5y ago I had WLS to reverse it — which worked. More than half my weight came off. From nadir I put on 25#, and my goal is to land a bit under that nadir. My diet is something I'm obsessive about.

Edited for spelling
Type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery, and sitting at 50% of your former body weight can account for a fair amount of weight stability despite eating so few calories. Research on how metabolism adapts over the long haul after weight loss is limited, yet it remains entirely plausible that a reduced metabolic rate can stick around for years—or even forever—following substantial weight reduction. That said, it does not offer much relief for what you are dealing with.
I stayed at a healthy weight for the majority of my life, and I swam at Masters level. The effects trauma has on someone can be terrible.
 
tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
 
Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
Sure, the human body is capable of some truly impressive adaptations — but it isn't performing miracles.

Calories aren't my preferred final word on measuring what someone eats, I'll admit that much. Still, once intake falls low enough, there are thermodynamic walls that no hormonal regulatory system can push past, and at that point calories take over.

If OP can still string together coherent sentences and doesn't need a heavy sweater just to stay warm inside, then it sounds like their body still has energy-conserving options in reserve that it hasn't used yet. 😉

That said, I do believe OP — I've encountered other very experienced people in the extreme end of the extreme diet world who ended up in comparable binds. And there are definitely unusual medical conditions, lipedema being one (not saying OP has it, only using it as an illustration), where something goes wrong and the body either cannot or will not release what looks like stored fat.

So yes, it's true that not every person on a very-low calorie diet will deal with shivering, crushing fatigue, or mental fog. Even so, I find it genuinely difficult to accept that OP stalled under those circumstances AND did it without the body having to pull any of the extreme adaptations I listed.
 
tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
Sure, the human body is capable of some truly impressive adaptations — but it isn't performing miracles.

Calories aren't my preferred final word on measuring what someone eats, I'll admit that much. Still, once intake falls low enough, there are thermodynamic walls that no hormonal regulatory system can push past, and at that point calories take over.

If OP can still string together coherent sentences and doesn't need a heavy sweater just to stay warm inside, then it sounds like their body still has energy-conserving options in reserve that it hasn't used yet. 😉

That said, I do believe OP — I've encountered other very experienced people in the extreme end of the extreme diet world who ended up in comparable binds. And there are definitely unusual medical conditions, lipedema being one (not saying OP has it, only using it as an illustration), where something goes wrong and the body either cannot or will not release what looks like stored fat.

So yes, it's true that not every person on a very-low calorie diet will deal with shivering, crushing fatigue, or mental fog. Even so, I find it genuinely difficult to accept that OP stalled under those circumstances AND did it without the body having to pull any of the extreme adaptations I listed.

Maybe we're taking the theorizing too far here.

Taking in only 900 calories daily, combined with cardio and resistance training 4–5 days per week, is just an extremely low amount of energy.

Your body doesn't need to be so cold you're shivering in a sweater or so foggy you can't put sentences together before it begins conserving energy. At times, that "adaptation" simply presents as a stall.

When the medication kills appetite so thoroughly that 900 calories is the maximum that fits, that's typically a strong indicator the dose is higher than necessary — particularly for someone who is already near their goal.
 
Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
Sure, the human body is capable of some truly impressive adaptations — but it isn't performing miracles.

Calories aren't my preferred final word on measuring what someone eats, I'll admit that much. Still, once intake falls low enough, there are thermodynamic walls that no hormonal regulatory system can push past, and at that point calories take over.

If OP can still string together coherent sentences and doesn't need a heavy sweater just to stay warm inside, then it sounds like their body still has energy-conserving options in reserve that it hasn't used yet. 😉

That said, I do believe OP — I've encountered other very experienced people in the extreme end of the extreme diet world who ended up in comparable binds. And there are definitely unusual medical conditions, lipedema being one (not saying OP has it, only using it as an illustration), where something goes wrong and the body either cannot or will not release what looks like stored fat.

So yes, it's true that not every person on a very-low calorie diet will deal with shivering, crushing fatigue, or mental fog. Even so, I find it genuinely difficult to accept that OP stalled under those circumstances AND did it without the body having to pull any of the extreme adaptations I listed.

Maybe we're taking the theorizing too far here.

Taking in only 900 calories daily, combined with cardio and resistance training 4–5 days per week, is just an extremely low amount of energy.

Your body doesn't need to be so cold you're shivering in a sweater or so foggy you can't put sentences together before it begins conserving energy. At times, that "adaptation" simply presents as a stall.

When the medication kills appetite so thoroughly that 900 calories is the maximum that fits, that's typically a strong indicator the dose is higher than necessary — particularly for someone who is already near their goal.
Your reasoning has it reversed. It's not that the plateau serves as the adaptation mechanism — rather, the plateau comes about because of that mechanism. When someone's intake sits at 900 calories and they're also leading an active life, the body might respond through various adjustments (think severe cold sensitivity, or shutting down other important functions). It's not as if the body performs a trick and declares "CO is 900 now with no trade offs in functionality." To bring CO down to 900 calories while someone stays physically active, the body must sacrifice some functionality — that's the only route.
 
tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
Sure, the human body is capable of some truly impressive adaptations — but it isn't performing miracles.

Calories aren't my preferred final word on measuring what someone eats, I'll admit that much. Still, once intake falls low enough, there are thermodynamic walls that no hormonal regulatory system can push past, and at that point calories take over.

If OP can still string together coherent sentences and doesn't need a heavy sweater just to stay warm inside, then it sounds like their body still has energy-conserving options in reserve that it hasn't used yet. 😉

That said, I do believe OP — I've encountered other very experienced people in the extreme end of the extreme diet world who ended up in comparable binds. And there are definitely unusual medical conditions, lipedema being one (not saying OP has it, only using it as an illustration), where something goes wrong and the body either cannot or will not release what looks like stored fat.

So yes, it's true that not every person on a very-low calorie diet will deal with shivering, crushing fatigue, or mental fog. Even so, I find it genuinely difficult to accept that OP stalled under those circumstances AND did it without the body having to pull any of the extreme adaptations I listed.

Maybe we're taking the theorizing too far here.

Taking in only 900 calories daily, combined with cardio and resistance training 4–5 days per week, is just an extremely low amount of energy.

Your body doesn't need to be so cold you're shivering in a sweater or so foggy you can't put sentences together before it begins conserving energy. At times, that "adaptation" simply presents as a stall.

When the medication kills appetite so thoroughly that 900 calories is the maximum that fits, that's typically a strong indicator the dose is higher than necessary — particularly for someone who is already near their goal.
Your reasoning has it reversed. It's not that the plateau serves as the adaptation mechanism — rather, the plateau comes about because of that mechanism. When someone's intake sits at 900 calories and they're also leading an active life, the body might respond through various adjustments (think severe cold sensitivity, or shutting down other important functions). It's not as if the body performs a trick and declares "CO is 900 now with no trade offs in functionality." To bring CO down to 900 calories while someone stays physically active, the body must sacrifice some functionality — that's the only route.
I'm not claiming there's no mechanism by which the body lowers energy expenditure. What I'm saying is that those adaptations aren't necessarily huge or easy to spot.

Often it's small drops in NEAT, changes in hormones, and better metabolic efficiency that go unnoticed by the person.... and yes, that can definitely lead to a stall.

Regardless, 900 calories at that activity level is still extremely low, and if appetite suppression means that's the only amount someone can take in, it's reasonable to wonder if the dose is just too high at this point.
 
When I moved from Sema to Reta, the same thing happened to me. Nothing budged for several months, until I reached 8 mgs — then the loss kicked in again. Once it did, I hit my goal weight in 8 weeks! So be patient, keep increasing the dose, and with luck you'll make it too.
 
Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

Jfrick11 said:

tubby said:

The way GLPs and what people call "starvation mode" (whatever that effect actually amounts to) influence one another is, as far as I can tell, not something anyone has figured out. Still, my sense is that if someone's body had slowed down enough for that to explain the whole picture, OP would have picked up on it — things like feeling cold all the time and being noticeably sluggish.

Body recomposition could also just be what's happening here. When GIP agonism gets added in, and at a pretty high dose at that, while GLP-1 agonism is reduced, it's plausible that this offsets part of the muscle loss that may have come with sema, since a larger share of your protein intake would be going toward building muscle and lean tissue instead.

My honest impression is that OP isn't fully accounting for just how big a shift sema to tirz represents when it comes to hormonal effects.
Wait… only 900 calories per day when she's also doing cardio plus resistance training 4–5 days each week?

There's no reason to drag the whole “starvation mode” argument into this. For that amount of activity, that intake is simply far too low. Eventually the body is going to cut back on energy expenditure.

And the extreme symptoms people expect from serious restriction — feeling cold all the time, being wiped out — don't show up for everyone.

If the GLP has killed her appetite to the point where 900 calories is the maximum she can get down, that strongly suggests the current dose is too high.
Sure, the human body is capable of some truly impressive adaptations — but it isn't performing miracles.

Calories aren't my preferred final word on measuring what someone eats, I'll admit that much. Still, once intake falls low enough, there are thermodynamic walls that no hormonal regulatory system can push past, and at that point calories take over.

If OP can still string together coherent sentences and doesn't need a heavy sweater just to stay warm inside, then it sounds like their body still has energy-conserving options in reserve that it hasn't used yet. 😉

That said, I do believe OP — I've encountered other very experienced people in the extreme end of the extreme diet world who ended up in comparable binds. And there are definitely unusual medical conditions, lipedema being one (not saying OP has it, only using it as an illustration), where something goes wrong and the body either cannot or will not release what looks like stored fat.

So yes, it's true that not every person on a very-low calorie diet will deal with shivering, crushing fatigue, or mental fog. Even so, I find it genuinely difficult to accept that OP stalled under those circumstances AND did it without the body having to pull any of the extreme adaptations I listed.

Maybe we're taking the theorizing too far here.

Taking in only 900 calories daily, combined with cardio and resistance training 4–5 days per week, is just an extremely low amount of energy.

Your body doesn't need to be so cold you're shivering in a sweater or so foggy you can't put sentences together before it begins conserving energy. At times, that "adaptation" simply presents as a stall.

When the medication kills appetite so thoroughly that 900 calories is the maximum that fits, that's typically a strong indicator the dose is higher than necessary — particularly for someone who is already near their goal.
Your reasoning has it reversed. It's not that the plateau serves as the adaptation mechanism — rather, the plateau comes about because of that mechanism. When someone's intake sits at 900 calories and they're also leading an active life, the body might respond through various adjustments (think severe cold sensitivity, or shutting down other important functions). It's not as if the body performs a trick and declares "CO is 900 now with no trade offs in functionality." To bring CO down to 900 calories while someone stays physically active, the body must sacrifice some functionality — that's the only route.
I'm not claiming there's no mechanism by which the body lowers energy expenditure. What I'm saying is that those adaptations aren't necessarily huge or easy to spot.

Often it's small drops in NEAT, changes in hormones, and better metabolic efficiency that go unnoticed by the person.... and yes, that can definitely lead to a stall.

Regardless, 900 calories at that activity level is still extremely low, and if appetite suppression means that's the only amount someone can take in, it's reasonable to wonder if the dose is just too high at this point.
That's basically what I'm getting at too, so we see it the same way. When someone's intake sits at 1500 calories, I could accept that small drops might slip by without being noticed — though honestly, even at that level paired with that volume of exercise, I'd still have some doubt. But 900 calories while being extremely active, and those cuts still going unnoticed? That just seems unbelievable. Of course, there's plenty I don't know, and your threshold for calling something very low calorie may not match mine.
 
I appreciate everyone's responses. I've reached out to my RD with a message so we can set up a time to meet. Curious to hear what her suggestion will be.

If she says so, I have no problem reducing how much I take!
 
Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Vash_ said:

Do you count your calories?
Yep! Every food and drink item gets logged. My macros are monitored too, so I know I'm meeting my protein and fiber targets. Right now I'm at 900-1,000 kcal/day. There's simply no room for more food.

@tubby thanks for sharing that article. I'll go through it tonight. Once sema became unavailable to me, I spent a few (3?) months with no glp at all. Then in Sept I returned to sema after discovering grey plus doing a month of research. To reach my last rx dose, I shortened each titration step to 2 weeks. Between Sept and Jan 1, my loss was minimal. Barely anything. Then on Jan 2, Tz.

Yes, I'll read the article once work is done. Thanks again!
How are your macros split? You may have to tweak the ratios.
Here's the issue... for 7 years now, my carb intake has stayed under the macros from the calculator.

My protein sits a bit below what you'd typically anticipate. I aim for 100g each day. Reaching that amount daily is tough. There's only so much I can consume. I avoid empty calories. All my choices center on protein and fiber. Nothing I eat has less than 15g per serving. I use protein powder as a supplement since eating enough solid food isn't possible. This is hands down my hardest part.
For what length of time have you been eating in a deficit? Your metabolic rate can drop when deficits are sustained over long stretches. Refeeds or diet breaks may be worth exploring.

View: https://youtu.be/8HVdLMnr40M?si=S-ISshxcVQ2nB7uR

Appreciate you sharing that video — the material was great. Turns out I've been following the "refeed" approach without realizing it....

Maintenance for me (TDEE) sits near 2,700 calories. During the week, Monday through Friday, I take in roughly 1,800 calories. Come Saturday and Sunday, I stop tracking altogether, so the number is a mystery, though I'd guess it lands somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 calories, and Saturday tends to be the bigger of the 2 days. Being able to look forward to a couple of higher-calorie days makes it easier to stick with the lower intake Monday through Friday. My hope is that this pattern supports my metabolism instead of tanking it, which is what might happen if I just held steady at, say, 2,200 calories every day for 7 days. On top of that, I'm not shivering and I can still string coherent thoughts together — though my colleagues might disagree 🤣 — but that's a whole separate matter.
 
Back
Top