Weight regain after stopping GLP's

Calm Logic said:

"Opposite ends of the spectrum" — that's not ambiguous. And the "tool" phrasing wasn't my only basis anyway. Maybe I'm not the sharpest, but I recognize the gym bro type.

He makes plenty of assumptions about the folks in this space (or "some people," to use his wording), so I'll take the same license with him:




Weight regain after stopping GLP's



I thought this study was interesting Trajectory of weight regain after cessation of GLP-1 receptor agonists: a systematic review and nonlinear meta-regression https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(26)00043-X/fulltext It shows that people who lost weight on GLP's might...

View attachment 10665


GLP1Chat.com

Why does he expect more threads about nutrition or fitness instead of GLPs? This is a GLP forum, after all. It isn't a weekly diet debate board or gym bros united .com. None of that means the members here live on junk food or never leave the couch. Quite the reverse.
I can see that. My take was that he was pushing hard for the GLP strategy he prefers, setting it against the usual strategy, and making that case sort of demands picking apart the usual strategy to some degree. When I replied to him earlier, I brought up that approaches could vary from person to person (which I guess is close to what you're saying).

What I pushed back on in your comment was that it felt like you were writing off his paradigm (which is mostly reasonable) by likening it to someone who thinks they can keep steroid gains after they stop steroids. The route he's suggesting definitely isn't the easiest one, but there are people for whom it will genuinely work.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 7
tubby said:

Calm Logic said:

"Opposite ends of the spectrum" — that's not ambiguous. And the "tool" phrasing wasn't my only basis anyway. Maybe I'm not the sharpest, but I recognize the gym bro type.

He makes plenty of assumptions about the folks in this space (or "some people," to use his wording), so I'll take the same license with him:




Weight regain after stopping GLP's



I thought this study was interesting Trajectory of weight regain after cessation of GLP-1 receptor agonists: a systematic review and nonlinear meta-regression https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(26)00043-X/fulltext It shows that people who lost weight on GLP's might...

View attachment 10665


GLP1Chat.com

Why does he expect more threads about nutrition or fitness instead of GLPs? This is a GLP forum, after all. It isn't a weekly diet debate board or gym bros united .com. None of that means the members here live on junk food or never leave the couch. Quite the reverse.
I can see that. My take was that he was pushing hard for the GLP strategy he prefers, setting it against the usual strategy, and making that case sort of demands picking apart the usual strategy to some degree. When I replied to him earlier, I brought up that approaches could vary from person to person (which I guess is close to what you're saying).

What I pushed back on in your comment was that it felt like you were writing off his paradigm (which is mostly reasonable) by likening it to someone who thinks they can keep steroid gains after they stop steroids. The route he's suggesting definitely isn't the easiest one, but there are people for whom it will genuinely work.
NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

Taking GLPs and lifting weights can happen together.

This brings to mind those older arguments in behavioral health. Taking SSRIs doesn't stop you from doing therapy too. Geez. In ketamine treatment, the ketamine can even drip in while talk therapy is going on. Most ppl have more intelligence than you're crediting them with (ala Carl Rogers).
 
bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.
I haven't hidden the fact that I take GLPs. Several acquaintances have started down the same road. I warn them too: a weekly injection plus sleeping through everything won't deliver the actual payoff.

About me: 74, male. For decades I've put my body under stress in many forms. Each spring I'd run what I called a spring cleaning — a juice fast running anywhere from 5 to 25 days. Back when I trained on the bike, I'd pedal 3 to 4 hours, hit the wall, pull over, refuel on bananas and oranges, then ride home. Turns out a nutrient deficiency can be therapeutic, which I figured out after doing morning workouts on an empty stomach.

I saw myself as athletic, yet the past few years brought fights with weight, energy, exercise and motivation. Tirz entered the picture in Aug 2025. Super responder — 40lb gone at low doses within a few months. A few plateaus showed up, but fasting 24-36 hours got me past them.

Now roughly 55 lbs down, basically at my GW.

Why am I posting this? So people grasp that this isn't merely a miracle drug doing the transforming. Transformation comes from committing to overhaul most of our habits. If I hadn't stressed myself earlier in life, I question whether I'd even know how to extract the most from GLPs. GLPs make getting healthy easier, but they do not create health. Some of my habits were good, others bad. As tools, GLPs help you zero in on healthy choices.

Whenever people claim Keto, Ozempic, Jenny Craig, Weight-Watchers, et al diets don't work because everyone regains the weight after quitting, they've kinda missed the point. Among all the weight-loss regimens I've seen, GLPs are the miracle solution. Look through this forum. Most folks on GLPs are also on other peps and protocols to increase their health-spans. Most talk of dietary and workout changes. I haven't seen this in any of the other diet groups. Keep up the good work and be good examples.
 
Calm Logic said:

tubby said:

Calm Logic said:

"Opposite ends of the spectrum" — that's not ambiguous. And the "tool" phrasing wasn't my only basis anyway. Maybe I'm not the sharpest, but I recognize the gym bro type.

He makes plenty of assumptions about the folks in this space (or "some people," to use his wording), so I'll take the same license with him:




Weight regain after stopping GLP's



I thought this study was interesting Trajectory of weight regain after cessation of GLP-1 receptor agonists: a systematic review and nonlinear meta-regression https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(26)00043-X/fulltext It shows that people who lost weight on GLP's might...

View attachment 10665


GLP1Chat.com

Why does he expect more threads about nutrition or fitness instead of GLPs? This is a GLP forum, after all. It isn't a weekly diet debate board or gym bros united .com. None of that means the members here live on junk food or never leave the couch. Quite the reverse.
I can see that. My take was that he was pushing hard for the GLP strategy he prefers, setting it against the usual strategy, and making that case sort of demands picking apart the usual strategy to some degree. When I replied to him earlier, I brought up that approaches could vary from person to person (which I guess is close to what you're saying).

What I pushed back on in your comment was that it felt like you were writing off his paradigm (which is mostly reasonable) by likening it to someone who thinks they can keep steroid gains after they stop steroids. The route he's suggesting definitely isn't the easiest one, but there are people for whom it will genuinely work.
NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

Taking GLPs and lifting weights can happen together.

This brings to mind those older arguments in behavioral health. Taking SSRIs doesn't stop you from doing therapy too. Geez. In ketamine treatment, the ketamine can even drip in while talk therapy is going on. Most ppl have more intelligence than you're crediting them with (ala Carl Rogers).
Ha, you actually pulled a comparison out of the single other "scientific" field whose studies could be even less solid than what we see in nutrition research. Still, I'm with you. 🙂
 
Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.
 
bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.

Nearly everyone I know who takes GLPs never reached the highest dose, yet they still hit their target weight in the end. Even among the handful I know who are at or above the max dose, they are either already at goal or on their way there.

The existence of people who never reach goal does not prove that using less GLP is the solution. Someone can dial in nutrition and training while staying on GLPs indefinitely, and might also add GH peptides, TRT/HRT, setmelanotide, Jardiance, or even stimulants.

I am a fan of intermittent fasting, plant-based eating, cardio, resistance training, and so on -- and I still practice all of it. That said, I would not call any of it the key to my success, because I was already doing all of it before I started GLPs. I do value that even a 12-hour intermittent fast is simpler to maintain consistently while on GLPs.

CICO (calories in, calories out) is not the magic. The magic is whatever makes it behaviorally achievable. If you (and your bloodwork) can manage just as well without GLPs (by finding the right hacks, for instance), that's great. I suspect most of us do not fall into that group, arguably because of a genuine GLP deficiency.
 
Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.

Nearly everyone I know who takes GLPs never reached the highest dose, yet they still hit their target weight in the end. Even among the handful I know who are at or above the max dose, they are either already at goal or on their way there.

The existence of people who never reach goal does not prove that using less GLP is the solution. Someone can dial in nutrition and training while staying on GLPs indefinitely, and might also add GH peptides, TRT/HRT, setmelanotide, Jardiance, or even stimulants.

I am a fan of intermittent fasting, plant-based eating, cardio, resistance training, and so on -- and I still practice all of it. That said, I would not call any of it the key to my success, because I was already doing all of it before I started GLPs. I do value that even a 12-hour intermittent fast is simpler to maintain consistently while on GLPs.

CICO (calories in, calories out) is not the magic. The magic is whatever makes it behaviorally achievable. If you (and your bloodwork) can manage just as well without GLPs (by finding the right hacks, for instance), that's great. I suspect most of us do not fall into that group, arguably because of a genuine GLP deficiency.
That was just a hypothetical scenario that was way too dramatic. But already, in the brief time I've been around, I've watched folks talk about hitting plateaus at fairly high doses while saying their hunger is low or gone and their food noise is way down, and I don't comment on those kinds of posts because I'm not out to make anyone feel attacked. Everybody's got their own demons and their own reasons, and it's not my job to tell them which is which. My only point was: if you quit doing the thing that's giving you results, then yeah, you'll probably lose those results, whether that thing is a glp or some specific lifestyle.

But maybe you're right "this is a GLP1Chat" and it's super fucking cheap, so just raise the dose and quit stressing about it.
 
The points raised here are all valid. The idea that someone ought to simply tolerate hunger and misery, and that failing to do so reveals a character flaw, has never been a reasonable place to begin.

Working out has always been something I enjoy for stress relief. My weight has never gone more than a pound or 2 above what it should be. I'm fortunate that my own biology and appetite land within a normal enough range that I can maintain a healthy BMI with barely any effort while still eating pizza, cupcakes, spaghetti, etc etc, despite being short.

Still, I can say honestly that if my biology worked against my taste for tasty unhealthy food, I would be furious about it. Particularly when I see others eating those things with little effect on their bodies. (Yes, I have friends who have always resented me a little for how easily I handle food.)

On the subject of filling foods… Nothing on earth can be put in my stomach that will stop me from wanting a donut when I want a donut. A full stomach is perfectly compatible with feeling miserable when my sugar craving hasn't been satisfied. (I have strange blood sugar issues that were never identified, so the donut isn't a wise choice regardless.) Enduring misery and tracking every calorie obsessively isn't required for everyone and shouldn't be required for anyone. Until whatever is biologically happening for a certain segment of the population can be fixed, GLP meds are what we've got.

I love my Reta. Even glancing at a donut for too long makes me gag.
 
bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.
Based on what you've shared before, my impression is that you use GLP's either on and off or at reduced amounts — so if I've got that wrong, what follows won't really apply.

Since you've had what amounts to pre-diabetes, there's a solid medical case for continuing GLP's at full strength even at a normal weight, and even if stopping were possible. The reason is purely their protective effect against developing diabetes. Diabetes doesn't only appear in people who are obese — it can and does show up in those with normal BMI's, including people who eat well and exercise. Losing weight if you're overweight or obese lowers the risk, but it doesn't bring it to zero. GLP's cut diabetes risk substantially, separate from any weight effect. And if you've ever had test results indicating impaired glucose tolerance, your long-term likelihood of diabetes is fairly high. If you've carried significant obesity over a long period, I'd say full-dose, long-term use is justified to prevent heart disease, stroke, cancer and similar conditions — provided age and overall risk profile suggest above-average risk. Even without the full set of relevant numbers, a single instance of impaired glucose tolerance likely places you in a high-risk group, as does how obese you previously were. They almost certainly lower long-term risks for everyone; it's simply not yet proven in younger, healthier groups. Whether this makes sense at an intermediate risk level is doubtful at retail pricing, though at grey peptide pricing it does.
 
lessthanhalf said:

bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.
Based on what you've shared before, my impression is that you use GLP's either on and off or at reduced amounts — so if I've got that wrong, what follows won't really apply.

Since you've had what amounts to pre-diabetes, there's a solid medical case for continuing GLP's at full strength even at a normal weight, and even if stopping were possible. The reason is purely their protective effect against developing diabetes. Diabetes doesn't only appear in people who are obese — it can and does show up in those with normal BMI's, including people who eat well and exercise. Losing weight if you're overweight or obese lowers the risk, but it doesn't bring it to zero. GLP's cut diabetes risk substantially, separate from any weight effect. And if you've ever had test results indicating impaired glucose tolerance, your long-term likelihood of diabetes is fairly high. If you've carried significant obesity over a long period, I'd say full-dose, long-term use is justified to prevent heart disease, stroke, cancer and similar conditions — provided age and overall risk profile suggest above-average risk. Even without the full set of relevant numbers, a single instance of impaired glucose tolerance likely places you in a high-risk group, as does how obese you previously were. They almost certainly lower long-term risks for everyone; it's simply not yet proven in younger, healthier groups. Whether this makes sense at an intermediate risk level is doubtful at retail pricing, though at grey peptide pricing it does.
last august i lost my job with the company in a way that wasn't my fault, and once the insurance ended i had no choice but to quit the medication. not long ago everything clicked into place regarding an old back injury — during the roughly 1 year i was on zep, my back never went out once. my a1c also came down to a normal range in that period. 6 months after stopping, i realized my back was going out every other week, and my a1c had climbed back up, even though i barely touch added sugars, take digestion walks after eating, and keep up with all my other gym routines. so i went back on it, mostly for those reasons, and right now i'm testing just half of the lowest dose to see whether that does the job. since restarting, my back hasn't gone out, apart from the predictable 36 hour post injection projectile vomiting that hits after the first couple doses. previously i spent nearly the whole yearish on only 2.5mg and lost 50-60lbs, except for the final couple months when i gave 5mg a try just for shits and giggles. the 5mg made no noticeable difference. now that i've ended up here, i'm simply going to move up to the standard 2.5mg and stay there in perpetuity.
 
Even at normal weights, it's likely wise to monitor blood glucose or hb1ac on a regular long-term basis, plus lipids and blood pressure. Low doses offer meaningful protection against diabetes onset, though I came across a single study indicating that larger doses outperformed smaller ones for that outcome.
 
bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.

Nearly everyone I know who takes GLPs never reached the highest dose, yet they still hit their target weight in the end. Even among the handful I know who are at or above the max dose, they are either already at goal or on their way there.

The existence of people who never reach goal does not prove that using less GLP is the solution. Someone can dial in nutrition and training while staying on GLPs indefinitely, and might also add GH peptides, TRT/HRT, setmelanotide, Jardiance, or even stimulants.

I am a fan of intermittent fasting, plant-based eating, cardio, resistance training, and so on -- and I still practice all of it. That said, I would not call any of it the key to my success, because I was already doing all of it before I started GLPs. I do value that even a 12-hour intermittent fast is simpler to maintain consistently while on GLPs.

CICO (calories in, calories out) is not the magic. The magic is whatever makes it behaviorally achievable. If you (and your bloodwork) can manage just as well without GLPs (by finding the right hacks, for instance), that's great. I suspect most of us do not fall into that group, arguably because of a genuine GLP deficiency.
That was just a hypothetical scenario that was way too dramatic. But already, in the brief time I've been around, I've watched folks talk about hitting plateaus at fairly high doses while saying their hunger is low or gone and their food noise is way down, and I don't comment on those kinds of posts because I'm not out to make anyone feel attacked. Everybody's got their own demons and their own reasons, and it's not my job to tell them which is which. My only point was: if you quit doing the thing that's giving you results, then yeah, you'll probably lose those results, whether that thing is a glp or some specific lifestyle.

But maybe you're right "this is a GLP1Chat" and it's super fucking cheap, so just raise the dose and quit stressing about it.

Right, haha. Tirz typically runs about 30 cents per mg. That works out to just $1.50 for a 5 mg weekly shot. I still haven't moved over to Robinhood, so my crypto fees alone cost me more than that.
 
Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

Calm Logic said:

bbbilly said:

it seems like everyone shares a similar outlook, just positioned at different extremes. nobody disputes that GLPs are useful, necessary, and work. my sense is that what we're really debating is how much someone leans on them, not whether they should be used as a tool at all. personally, even at 1.25mg/week of my tirz, i'm in a far better headspace to make good choices when it counts and to stop myself from sliding into a binge. i refuse to let the meds go to waste or undo the progress i'm after, and that refusal is what snaps me out of the cycle. even during the 6 months i was off it, i understood that feeling hungry didn't obligate me to eat, so i simply repeated the same meals daily no matter what my hunger said.

others appear to lean entirely on the medication to get where they want. just compare how many threads sit in the fitness/nutrition category versus any other non specialized section here. quit the meds and naturally the weight returns. the same holds if you quit tracking food and/or exercise, and i doubt anyone disputes that. my own take is that leaning too heavily on them is what keeps those statistics accurate, and from what i've seen i'd bet the folks posting "im not hungry at all but im not losing weight" are exactly why 95% weight regain after quitting persists.

so for people like me, the lens is diet and exercise first, meds second, whereas (granted, most likely folks who'd be outliers in the studies, judging only from the limited comments on forums like these without knowing the full effort they put into weight management) the other lens treats meds as the heavy lifter and the only thing that works.

again im unaware of any studies on this subject aswell, but i've noticed a common pattern among naturally thin people: "ya im hungry but i dont have time to eat right now so ill just eat later." it's less about hunger cues and more about mentally recognizing what those cues mean, and i'd be curious to see the outcome if they had a super effective GLP that only silenced the food noise entirely, while leaving appetite suppression and gastric emptying untouched. what those studies would look like.

If it truly is nothing more than a "tool," then by that logic it could be swapped out for any other tool, which would make it pointless to use at any stage. By the same reasoning, someone could cover the distance from LA to NYC on foot rather than taking a plane. Perhaps a cross-country running message board would suit you better than a forum about GLPs.

On this forum, we've gone around and around on the tool argument with countless gym/Meso bros, and it stopped being amusing long ago:




A hard truth about GLP-1s and Body Transformations



GLP-1s can help with weight loss, but it won't give you the dream body or lasting results you're actually looking for. So let me drop some value that might save you from future disappointment. Weight Loss ≠ Muscle Building GLP-1s suppresses appetite and slows gastric emptying. You might get...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com




GLP-1s 'cheating' OR a TOOL



Hi all! I am having an interesting spiral of thoughts right now.. I see so many people online saying GLP1s are 'cheating'. But lets be real. How is it cheating if it isn't a game? This is life. This is my health and my journey in taking back my body and being able to live the healthy life I...

View attachment 10664


GLP1Chat.com

More often than not, it's those same individuals who are on every sort of "compound" (steroids), or at minimum on injections such as L-carn and HGH, or downing a mountain of oral supplements. In other words, they're relying on every available substance themselves, yet they turn around and lecture others about getting their act together.

You dropped 100 pounds on Zepbound, but apparently it's merely a "tool:"


/community-link/thread/12585/


Nearly everyone I know who is on GLPs now eats healthier than they did before. If anything, they also exercise more than they used to. So in certain respects, you're preaching to the converted. Still, being on GLPs doesn't stop you from doing all of those things as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a few super-responders even microdose GLPs purely for weight loss. Then there are the anti-inflammatory or bloodwork advantages too.
I've said more than once that my take differs from what most people here think, and I'm upfront about that while trying to weigh both sides fairly. Full disclosure: I had already dropped that same 100lbs once before, back in my early 20s, and it stayed off for close to 10 years until covid arrived, the gyms closed, and I was laid off 6 times over 3 years from the same employer. Around then we began trying for a baby, my bloodwork came back a mess, so I started getting fit again and shed 50lbs in roughly 6 months without meds. Then zepbound came in because my a1c sat in the pre diabetic range, which made me eligible, and it HELPED me drop the following 50-60lbs. Even after I quit taking it because insurance cut me off, the weight stayed put for a while until I thought "you know what, I'll go back on it someday, so I may as well use this break to bulk up and enjoy pumpkin spice season" (I adore pumpkin spice ANYTHING). So from where I stand it really is a "tool" - one that can put someone in a better position to figure out why they relate to food the way they do, how to eat, why a well rounded diet matters, and so on. If you lean on the tool to lift the mental burden around food yet take nothing from it, you'll just keep returning here every 6 months to write

"not losing weight on max dose reta, should i switch or stack with tirz" and then add "i have no hunger and struggle to eat but im not losing weight"

My whole point: if you quit whatever produced the weight loss and drift back to your baseline "intuitive" way of eating, nearly everyone puts the weight back on. Without real mental effort to hold it off, it returns regardless. But for those who've battled food their entire life, this stretch on a glp ought to be a prime chance to look inward and perhaps uncover their own triggers and habits. As lessthanhalf put it, resisting what your body urges you to eat demands a lot of mental effort, and he's built that structure for himself remarkably well. For me, the simplest route is eating the same foods daily. I've had the same dinner almost every day for 3 years, and the same pattern with a different meal for the 5 years before covid arrived. Step away from my fixed meal plan and I overeat. Stay on it and I'm distractingly hungry, yet as long as I don't go off script my weight holds steady.

And to be clear, no, I don't consider it cheating.

Nearly everyone I know who takes GLPs never reached the highest dose, yet they still hit their target weight in the end. Even among the handful I know who are at or above the max dose, they are either already at goal or on their way there.

The existence of people who never reach goal does not prove that using less GLP is the solution. Someone can dial in nutrition and training while staying on GLPs indefinitely, and might also add GH peptides, TRT/HRT, setmelanotide, Jardiance, or even stimulants.

I am a fan of intermittent fasting, plant-based eating, cardio, resistance training, and so on -- and I still practice all of it. That said, I would not call any of it the key to my success, because I was already doing all of it before I started GLPs. I do value that even a 12-hour intermittent fast is simpler to maintain consistently while on GLPs.

CICO (calories in, calories out) is not the magic. The magic is whatever makes it behaviorally achievable. If you (and your bloodwork) can manage just as well without GLPs (by finding the right hacks, for instance), that's great. I suspect most of us do not fall into that group, arguably because of a genuine GLP deficiency.
That was just a hypothetical scenario that was way too dramatic. But already, in the brief time I've been around, I've watched folks talk about hitting plateaus at fairly high doses while saying their hunger is low or gone and their food noise is way down, and I don't comment on those kinds of posts because I'm not out to make anyone feel attacked. Everybody's got their own demons and their own reasons, and it's not my job to tell them which is which. My only point was: if you quit doing the thing that's giving you results, then yeah, you'll probably lose those results, whether that thing is a glp or some specific lifestyle.

But maybe you're right "this is a GLP1Chat" and it's super fucking cheap, so just raise the dose and quit stressing about it.

Right, haha. Tirz typically runs about 30 cents per mg. That works out to just $1.50 for a 5 mg weekly shot. I still haven't moved over to Robinhood, so my crypto fees alone cost me more than that.
not kidding, i signed up for an exodus wallet and logged back into my old coinbase account.. there was around $40 sitting there that i'd completely forgotten about from 2018, back when i cashed out of my btc and just abandoned what was left... if only i'd kept holding.. it shows something like 2,400% gains lol
 
Back
Top