Weight Hasn't Moved in 2 Weeks

derekd419

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Mansfield, Ohio
I'm a type 1 diabetic. My tirz journey began in November 2025 — that's 6.5 months back — and I've dropped from 269 lbs. down to 216, which is where I sit now. That's 53 lbs. gone from tirz alone. My diet is very low in calories and carbs, I use fiber supplements to keep intake high, drink plenty of water, and my blood sugars stay in range about 98% of the time (70-150).

Over the last 4 weeks I've seen my weight loss slow down a lot — a few pounds here, a few there. I'm at the gym 5 days a week, working out for an hour each time. Exactly 8 days ago I added a new stack:

reta - 30 units (3mg) (weekly)

tesamorelin - 10 units (mon-fri)

aod 9604 - 6 units (mon-fri)

5 amino 1q - 6 units (daily)

bpc 157 + tb 500 - 10 units (daily)

mots-c - 10 units (mon-fri)

& then ghk-cu for skin care - 10 units (daily)

Nothing else changed besides stacking all of these on top of my weekly 15mg tirz dose, and last week I didn't drop a single pound — still 216. Honestly, I was shocked and a bit disappointed, but I get that results take time; it's just frustrating given how much effort I feel like I'm pouring in. My goal is 165, and half a year in it feels impossibly far off, even though I'm pushing harder at the gym than ever. My routine is weight lifting first for 30 mins, then cardio for 30-45 mins — that's the order I've always understood works for real fat burning, lifting before cardio.

If anyone has been through something like this, please tell me what helped. Should I try a different peptide? Bump any of my doses up or down? Push harder at the gym? Eat more? I feel lost and I need to see some progress here like all of us do. Thanks to anyone who reads or replies, I really appreciate it.
 
Your progress is impressive, but there's no need to freak out at this point. A plateau is common, and often it just takes patience. Two options: give it more time and stay consistent, or surprise your system by switching things up. Your body adapts to the same old pattern.

Try a high-calorie day and eat more than usual. Add extra walking, especially after you eat. At the gym, work several muscle groups in one session. Prioritize heavier loads and more total volume. You're already on a solid stack, so perhaps increase your R. Find what dose works for you. Best of luck!
 
A few things that might be going on: there was 1 week where my Reta didn't seem to do anything, and I realized I was dosing it too soon after my other peps, so now I make sure there's a gap of at least 2 hours between them. Also, Reta needs a couple of weeks before it accumulates enough in your body.
 
CMA Pooky said:

A few things that might be going on: there was 1 week where my Reta didn't seem to do anything, and I realized I was dosing it too soon after my other peps, so now I make sure there's a gap of at least 2 hours between them. Also, Reta needs a couple of weeks before it accumulates enough in your body.
Is that actually a real phenomenon?
 
Eli Lilly's phase 3 (TRIUMPH) study titration schedule is

2mg for 4weeks

4mg for 4weeks

6mg for 4weeks

9mg for 4weeks

12mg for 4weeks

Because Tesa leads to water retention, it may be better to allow Reta to take effect
 
igottapee said:

Eli Lilly's phase 3 (TRIUMPH) study titration schedule is

2mg for 4weeks

4mg for 4weeks

6mg for 4weeks

9mg for 4weeks

12mg for 4weeks

Because Tesa leads to water retention, it may be better to allow Reta to take effect
Dude, that water weight has to come out through your pee
 
derekd419 said:

I'm a type 1 diabetic. My tirz journey began in November 2025 — that's 6.5 months back — and I've dropped from 269 lbs. down to 216, which is where I sit now. That's 53 lbs. gone from tirz alone. My diet is very low in calories and carbs, I use fiber supplements to keep intake high, drink plenty of water, and my blood sugars stay in range about 98% of the time (70-150).

Over the last 4 weeks I've seen my weight loss slow down a lot — a few pounds here, a few there. I'm at the gym 5 days a week, working out for an hour each time. Exactly 8 days ago I added a new stack:

reta - 30 units (3mg) (weekly)

tesamorelin - 10 units (mon-fri)

aod 9604 - 6 units (mon-fri)

5 amino 1q - 6 units (daily)

bpc 157 + tb 500 - 10 units (daily)

mots-c - 10 units (mon-fri)

& then ghk-cu for skin care - 10 units (daily)

Nothing else changed besides stacking all of these on top of my weekly 15mg tirz dose, and last week I didn't drop a single pound — still 216. Honestly, I was shocked and a bit disappointed, but I get that results take time; it's just frustrating given how much effort I feel like I'm pouring in. My goal is 165, and half a year in it feels impossibly far off, even though I'm pushing harder at the gym than ever. My routine is weight lifting first for 30 mins, then cardio for 30-45 mins — that's the order I've always understood works for real fat burning, lifting before cardio.

If anyone has been through something like this, please tell me what helped. Should I try a different peptide? Bump any of my doses up or down? Push harder at the gym? Eat more? I feel lost and I need to see some progress here like all of us do. Thanks to anyone who reads or replies, I really appreciate it.
For me personally..... this doesn't come across as “nothing is working” so much as a body that is basically raising a huge “give me a break” signal.

53 lbs gone in 6.5 months. That is an enormous drop. As you move toward a lower weight, the body resists harder to keep homeostasis. Hitting a slowdown after losing that much is very typical..... particularly if you are:

on very low calories,

lifting hard 5x/week,

using a GLP,

and piling on enough peptides to stock a pharmacy.

A few things stand out to me....

2 weeks isn't a real stall. Not when you're training with weights that heavily and that often. Inflammation and muscle repair alone can cause water retention that hides fat loss completely on the scale.

You introduced a huge number of compounds at the same time. If any of them is causing stress, inflammation, water retention, raised cortisol, worse sleep, or appetite shifts, there is simply no way to know which one.

“Push harder” is likely the last thing you need... Long-term under-eating combined with overtraining tends to make you hold water and feel terrible.

It's possible you actually need to eat more, especially protein/carbs around training.

Type 1 diabetes adds yet another layer, since insulin shifts can heavily influence weight and water storage too.

I would also watch out for the mindset trap that shows up in this space, where the assumption becomes:

“If the scale slows, I need another peptide.”

Sometimes the opposite is what's needed:

simplify

stabilize

recover

sleep better

eat adequately

let the body catch up

enjoy and be proud for a bit of what you've accomplished so far 😊
 
That combo is wild, dude. You can't tell which part is helping and which is dragging you down. Also, was it a couple of rough weeks, or just 1? Either way, you've dropped a ton — zoom out and check the bigger picture.
 
Tesamorelin is a recent addition, and one of its known effects is that it makes you hold onto water. So the odds are you dropped a pound or 2 of fat and replaced it with water thanks to the tesa. If fat loss is still happening underneath, the scale will eventually catch up once the extra water stops accumulating, or if you quit the tesa, that fluid should clear out within a week or 2. Until you stop the tesa, though, that water will likely stick around. The catch is this only accounts for the scale being stuck since you began tesa 8 days ago, and you mentioned things have barely budged for 4 weeks.

Given that tirz only started in november, you are still at 15mg, and if I understand correctly you stacked 3mg of reta on top of it without changing how much you eat, a genuine halt in fat loss seems very unlikely. What I would want to look at is how your weight has trended over the last couple of months. A slow decline that flattened out could be a true stall, but even then fluid shifts remain the more probable explanation, and that was true before the tesa entered the picture. When someone is on a solid dose and weight has been falling, then abruptly freezes, it is usually a temporary fluid issue rather than a real stop. In the trials, reaching steady state weight typically took around a year or a bit more, and you are only about 6 months in, so again it seems early for a genuine stall.

Why does weight loss plateau on GLP drugs? Energy expenditure falls as you lose weight. Part of that is simply fewer lean and fat mass cells burning energy, which tracks with weight loss itself, and part is metabolic adaptation to eating less, though that tends to be more time-dependent, needing at least 6 to 12 months. On top of that, hunger rises as weight comes off, and eventually you reach a point where the GLP drug is enough to stop calorie intake from climbing back up and regaining weight, but not enough to keep losing. That is the stable end state at a lower weight on GLP drugs, and the hope is you reach your goal before that point.

Honestly, research on tirz in type 1 is scarce, and with reta there is none at all. Weight loss behaves differently in type 2 diabetics on GLP drugs, where they tend to lose less than non-diabetic obese individuals, but for type 1 there is simply no data. Still, based on your doses, the timing, and no dietary changes, this sounds more like an extra couple of kilos of fluid than a true stop in fat loss. My guess is you will see a drop after a month or so, though it hinges on how much water the tesa makes you retain, and I cannot estimate that. Waist circumference is something you can track, and if that number is shrinking, fat loss is definitely happening, but getting truly accurate measurements is hard because it depends on exactly where the tape sits and how snugly it is pulled.
 
deluge said:

CMA Pooky said:

A few things that might be going on: there was 1 week where my Reta didn't seem to do anything, and I realized I was dosing it too soon after my other peps, so now I make sure there's a gap of at least 2 hours between them. Also, Reta needs a couple of weeks before it accumulates enough in your body.
Is that actually a real phenomenon?
That's possible.
 
Something worth noting: your dosage was described in units, not milligrams. That suggests your grasp of peptides and medication dosing might still have some holes in it.

Beyond that, you come across as quite impatient, getting unnecessarily anxious over a 2-week plateau in weight loss.

My advice is to settle down and revisit the fundamentals, because if you don't, there's a strong chance you'll wind up causing yourself harm in some form or another.
 
Roughly how many calories are you eating each day, and what does your macro split look like? If 2 weeks have gone by with zero pounds lost, the explanation is straightforward: across those 14 days, you weren't in a calorie deficit. Losing weight only happens through a calorie deficit. That's exactly why I'm asking what your daily calorie intake is. Having a concrete daily figure matters a great deal, since it lets you monitor things and tweak them in small ways.

Moving the number on the scale isn't just about peptides. Peptides or no peptides, getting leaner gradually over time requires a daily calorie deficit. GLP-1s are merely a tool; the only thing they do is make a calorie deficit less difficult, because they cut appetite and cravings. They aren't what produces weight loss. They only help you along toward losing weight. Burning more calories than you take in is what makes weight loss happen.
 
Crowreap said:

Roughly how many calories are you eating each day, and what does your macro split look like? If 2 weeks have gone by with zero pounds lost, the explanation is straightforward: across those 14 days, you weren't in a calorie deficit. Losing weight only happens through a calorie deficit. That's exactly why I'm asking what your daily calorie intake is. Having a concrete daily figure matters a great deal, since it lets you monitor things and tweak them in small ways.

Moving the number on the scale isn't just about peptides. Peptides or no peptides, getting leaner gradually over time requires a daily calorie deficit. GLP-1s are merely a tool; the only thing they do is make a calorie deficit less difficult, because they cut appetite and cravings. They aren't what produces weight loss. They only help you along toward losing weight. Burning more calories than you take in is what makes weight loss happen.
I wouldn't frame it quite so absolutely. Over the long run, fat loss can't happen without a calorie deficit, yes — but the number on the scale isn't a live fatloss readout..... particularly for a person who is already down 53 lbs, who lifts hard 5x/week, who is type 1 diabetic, and who recently stacked several compounds, tesamorelin among them, which is known for fluid retention.

On top of that, you've got possible water retention from training stress, glycogen shifts, inflammation, insulin changes, sodium intake, sleep, cortisol, etc. Any of those can temporarily hide fat loss with relative ease.

He also said he's barely eating while training aggressively. Sometimes the answer isn't push harder — it's that recovery, nutrition, and overall stress load are turning into the limiting factors. His body may well be screaming.... Let me rest, give me fuel, let me feel safe again after all of this change.

That said, I fully agree with you that knowing at least roughly what calories/macros are going in is a must, especially after that much loss and especially with all the pedals he's pushing.
 
Jfrick11 said:

Crowreap said:

Roughly how many calories are you eating each day, and what does your macro split look like? If 2 weeks have gone by with zero pounds lost, the explanation is straightforward: across those 14 days, you weren't in a calorie deficit. Losing weight only happens through a calorie deficit. That's exactly why I'm asking what your daily calorie intake is. Having a concrete daily figure matters a great deal, since it lets you monitor things and tweak them in small ways.

Moving the number on the scale isn't just about peptides. Peptides or no peptides, getting leaner gradually over time requires a daily calorie deficit. GLP-1s are merely a tool; the only thing they do is make a calorie deficit less difficult, because they cut appetite and cravings. They aren't what produces weight loss. They only help you along toward losing weight. Burning more calories than you take in is what makes weight loss happen.
I wouldn't frame it quite so absolutely. Over the long run, fat loss can't happen without a calorie deficit, yes — but the number on the scale isn't a live fatloss readout..... particularly for a person who is already down 53 lbs, who lifts hard 5x/week, who is type 1 diabetic, and who recently stacked several compounds, tesamorelin among them, which is known for fluid retention.

On top of that, you've got possible water retention from training stress, glycogen shifts, inflammation, insulin changes, sodium intake, sleep, cortisol, etc. Any of those can temporarily hide fat loss with relative ease.

He also said he's barely eating while training aggressively. Sometimes the answer isn't push harder — it's that recovery, nutrition, and overall stress load are turning into the limiting factors. His body may well be screaming.... Let me rest, give me fuel, let me feel safe again after all of this change.

That said, I fully agree with you that knowing at least roughly what calories/macros are going in is a must, especially after that much loss and especially with all the pedals he's pushing.
Sure, it's very possible that water retention and the other factors you listed are at play. That said, when the scale shows no change across 2 weeks, the most probable explanation is how many calories he's taking in. A few days without movement isn't something to worry about, since any number of things could explain it. The reason I bring up the scale at all is that 2 weeks with no change is a long stretch next to just a few days, particularly when someone is on glp1s. You're also correct that the scale isn't a real time fat loss monitor, because body recomposition can absolutely happen, with the scale hardly budging or holding steady while you still get leaner.
 
If you have T1D, then when you are trying to balance insulin with this mix of medications, you need to watch out that you don't drop too low. My man, hypoglycemia can be fatal.
 
Crowreap said:

Jfrick11 said:

Crowreap said:

Roughly how many calories are you eating each day, and what does your macro split look like? If 2 weeks have gone by with zero pounds lost, the explanation is straightforward: across those 14 days, you weren't in a calorie deficit. Losing weight only happens through a calorie deficit. That's exactly why I'm asking what your daily calorie intake is. Having a concrete daily figure matters a great deal, since it lets you monitor things and tweak them in small ways.

Moving the number on the scale isn't just about peptides. Peptides or no peptides, getting leaner gradually over time requires a daily calorie deficit. GLP-1s are merely a tool; the only thing they do is make a calorie deficit less difficult, because they cut appetite and cravings. They aren't what produces weight loss. They only help you along toward losing weight. Burning more calories than you take in is what makes weight loss happen.
I wouldn't frame it quite so absolutely. Over the long run, fat loss can't happen without a calorie deficit, yes — but the number on the scale isn't a live fatloss readout..... particularly for a person who is already down 53 lbs, who lifts hard 5x/week, who is type 1 diabetic, and who recently stacked several compounds, tesamorelin among them, which is known for fluid retention.

On top of that, you've got possible water retention from training stress, glycogen shifts, inflammation, insulin changes, sodium intake, sleep, cortisol, etc. Any of those can temporarily hide fat loss with relative ease.

He also said he's barely eating while training aggressively. Sometimes the answer isn't push harder — it's that recovery, nutrition, and overall stress load are turning into the limiting factors. His body may well be screaming.... Let me rest, give me fuel, let me feel safe again after all of this change.

That said, I fully agree with you that knowing at least roughly what calories/macros are going in is a must, especially after that much loss and especially with all the pedals he's pushing.
Sure, it's very possible that water retention and the other factors you listed are at play. That said, when the scale shows no change across 2 weeks, the most probable explanation is how many calories he's taking in. A few days without movement isn't something to worry about, since any number of things could explain it. The reason I bring up the scale at all is that 2 weeks with no change is a long stretch next to just a few days, particularly when someone is on glp1s. You're also correct that the scale isn't a real time fat loss monitor, because body recomposition can absolutely happen, with the scale hardly budging or holding steady while you still get leaner.
I'd say our views line up far more than they clash 😉.

When you zoom out far enough, calories in versus calories out is still king. My point is just that with a scenario like this one..... rapid recent fat loss, hard training, a very low intake, type 1 diabetes, plus several new agents including one that's notorious for holding water..... the number on the scale turns into a fairly unreliable gauge over short windows.

That's especially true given that 53 lbs gone in 6.5 months already tells us he has spent that time in a meaningful deficit overall.

On top of that, in spaces like these, "the scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks" tends to get read as "time to fix something, stack another peptide, push training harder, cut food further,"..... whereas the body might genuinely be asking for rest, a settled state, and enough fuel to keep making progress.

And honestly... this isn't just a theory I hold..... it's what I witness constantly, both in these communities and in my own practice. Folks get so locked onto dragging the scale downward that they miss the signals that the body is overloaded, underfed, inflamed, worn out, or just adapting after a huge drop in weight. Same goes for shifts in body composition, for people just beginning the medication, and for the simple truth that no 2 bodies respond alike.

And absolutely yes, keeping tabs on intake and macros matters more and more as fat loss advances and the wiggle room shrinks. 💪
 
Body recomposition is not a likely explanation here. Previously, the rate of weight loss was fairly typical at 2lb each week. It is impossible to put on 2lb of muscle weekly in order to offset that kind of weight reduction.
 
staffn1 said:

Body recomposition is not a likely explanation here. Previously, the rate of weight loss was fairly typical at 2lb each week. It is impossible to put on 2lb of muscle weekly in order to offset that kind of weight reduction.
I meant recomp as a broad concept — not referring to any specific person, just people overall. It can lead to the number on the scale staying put, and then folks might respond by instantly thinking "up the dose, add more peptides, cut food, and so on*"
 
derekd419 said:

I'm a type 1 diabetic. My tirz journey began in November 2025 — that's 6.5 months back — and I've dropped from 269 lbs. down to 216, which is where I sit now. That's 53 lbs. gone from tirz alone. My diet is very low in calories and carbs, I use fiber supplements to keep intake high, drink plenty of water, and my blood sugars stay in range about 98% of the time (70-150).

Over the last 4 weeks I've seen my weight loss slow down a lot — a few pounds here, a few there. I'm at the gym 5 days a week, working out for an hour each time. Exactly 8 days ago I added a new stack:

reta - 30 units (3mg) (weekly)

tesamorelin - 10 units (mon-fri)

aod 9604 - 6 units (mon-fri)

5 amino 1q - 6 units (daily)

bpc 157 + tb 500 - 10 units (daily)

mots-c - 10 units (mon-fri)

& then ghk-cu for skin care - 10 units (daily)

Nothing else changed besides stacking all of these on top of my weekly 15mg tirz dose, and last week I didn't drop a single pound — still 216. Honestly, I was shocked and a bit disappointed, but I get that results take time; it's just frustrating given how much effort I feel like I'm pouring in. My goal is 165, and half a year in it feels impossibly far off, even though I'm pushing harder at the gym than ever. My routine is weight lifting first for 30 mins, then cardio for 30-45 mins — that's the order I've always understood works for real fat burning, lifting before cardio.

If anyone has been through something like this, please tell me what helped. Should I try a different peptide? Bump any of my doses up or down? Push harder at the gym? Eat more? I feel lost and I need to see some progress here like all of us do. Thanks to anyone who reads or replies, I really appreciate it.
Units don't give us any useful information. Whether it's 10mg of tesamorelin or 1mg, we can't tell. Stick to mg.

Going 2 weeks without the scale budging isn't a weight loss plateau. A plateau is closer to 5-6 weeks. So what you're experiencing isn't a plateau.

You're on too many compounds, especially if you lack a scale that can show whether your stall comes from more fat or from holding more water. If putting on water weight bothers you, tesamorelin is probably something you should drop.
 
Back
Top