Weighing a dose increase against a higher body weight

cloratheshadow

Explorer
Joined
Mar 22, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I've gone 2-3 weeks without the scale moving, and my appetite is definitely back. My titration pace has been quicker than what's advised, though I came across the idea that a larger amount of weight to shed often means a bigger dose is required. After dropping 60 lbs on my own and 20 lbs using Tirz, I still have 75 lbs left to go. On top of that, I'm stacking a small amount of Reta — currently 5mg Tirz alongside 1 mg Reta. Is it a bad idea to keep titrating upward? It's only week 7 for me, but the effect just isn't there the way it was during month 1.
 
On top of that, my stomach is still emptying at a fairly slow pace, yet my appetite is unmistakably back. I also have 1 vial of Cagri on the way, so I’ll be able to give that a try too.
 
Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
 
woundcarping said:

Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
The thought makes me anxious, since I've come across talk of frying your receptors and folks reaching a point where it stops working. But truthfully, it already isn't doing much for me, so... my body is clearly signaling that I should go up. I'm still dropping a very small amount, though that's coming from working out and fighting hard to stay in a calorie deficit. I'll bump it up and hope that does the trick!
 
Overall, I'd say the 5:1 Tirz:Reta ratio seems fairly reasonable. A stall lasting a couple weeks is bound to occur, so I wouldn't recommend making a change just because of that. Since you're on a low dose, increasing it makes sense, but first I'd ask: is your diet fully dialed in? Are you consuming a solid amount of protein and sufficient calories? Ideally, aim for 1g per lb of protein and a deficit of around 500-700 at most. If you're hungry and you aren't doing this, or you're unsure whether you are, it's likely a diet problem rather than a medication problem. If a diet tweak can resolve it, that's always the preferable route; if not, then I'd suggest bumping it.
 
5byfive said:

Overall, I'd say the 5:1 Tirz:Reta ratio seems fairly reasonable. A stall lasting a couple weeks is bound to occur, so I wouldn't recommend making a change just because of that. Since you're on a low dose, increasing it makes sense, but first I'd ask: is your diet fully dialed in? Are you consuming a solid amount of protein and sufficient calories? Ideally, aim for 1g per lb of protein and a deficit of around 500-700 at most. If you're hungry and you aren't doing this, or you're unsure whether you are, it's likely a diet problem rather than a medication problem. If a diet tweak can resolve it, that's always the preferable route; if not, then I'd suggest bumping it.
My nutrition is locked in pretty tightly. I keep carbs low, stick to Whole Foods, avoid any liquid calories, and land near 1700 calories daily (maintenance for me sits at 2300), with plenty of lean protein. I’m still dropping a little, but holding a calorie deficit has become genuinely tough. It seems like the Tirz stops working entirely within a couple of days, and then the food noise and hunger come rushing back.
 
cloratheshadow said:

woundcarping said:

Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
The thought makes me anxious, since I've come across talk of frying your receptors and folks reaching a point where it stops working. But truthfully, it already isn't doing much for me, so... my body is clearly signaling that I should go up. I'm still dropping a very small amount, though that's coming from working out and fighting hard to stay in a calorie deficit. I'll bump it up and hope that does the trick!

I haven't come across any believable reports of receptor burnout, even among those on 20+mg each week, with some adding Sema for extra GLP exposure.

By my third week on Tirz I began split dosing, then switched to Reta and continued splitting. The original trigger for splitting was food noise creeping back on day 4-5.
 
I get it, man — I'm right there with you on the hunger. One thing to keep in mind: adding more is always an option, but taking it back isn't.

For me, it took a full 2 weeks before the appetite suppression really kicked in. My starting point was 0.5mg reta, and I kept pushing the dose up until I reached 2mg for the week; after that I moved to 1mg every 3 days. These days I'm at 2mg every 3 days and I'm thinking about adding cagri or tirz on top.

Don't stick to a once-a-week schedule. Cut your dose in half and take it every three days. Switch back and forth between the reta and the tirz. Let it do its thing for a while, but if you still need the appetite suppression, go ahead and push the dose higher. Every so often I'll add a small 0.5-1mg touchup in between doses.
 
Given that you're sticking to a solid diet, it seems like increasing the dose and/or dividing it might be appropriate now. The downside to dividing is that steadier levels in your body could make tolerance develop more easily, unlike the peaks and troughs from a once-weekly injection. This is just a theory, but it's logical. If it were me, I'd lean toward a small dose increase rather than splitting, though either approach works.
 
In trial data, the percentage of weight lost goes up as the dose goes up, but the extra benefit shrinks at larger doses and is usually capped by side effects, assuming a cap exists.

If you are a big’un, receptors are not something worth worrying about.
 
birdwhacker said:

I get it, man — I'm right there with you on the hunger. One thing to keep in mind: adding more is always an option, but taking it back isn't.

For me, it took a full 2 weeks before the appetite suppression really kicked in. My starting point was 0.5mg reta, and I kept pushing the dose up until I reached 2mg for the week; after that I moved to 1mg every 3 days. These days I'm at 2mg every 3 days and I'm thinking about adding cagri or tirz on top.

Don't stick to a once-a-week schedule. Cut your dose in half and take it every three days. Switch back and forth between the reta and the tirz. Let it do its thing for a while, but if you still need the appetite suppression, go ahead and push the dose higher. Every so often I'll add a small 0.5-1mg touchup in between doses.
I’m a large woman, sorry.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
 
5byfive said:

Given that you're sticking to a solid diet, it seems like increasing the dose and/or dividing it might be appropriate now. The downside to dividing is that steadier levels in your body could make tolerance develop more easily, unlike the peaks and troughs from a once-weekly injection. This is just a theory, but it's logical. If it were me, I'd lean toward a small dose increase rather than splitting, though either approach works.
I used to split it, but I found that suppression worked better when I took it every 5 or 6 days rather than every 3! Still, I'm hoping that adding a little bit of Reta will give an extra boost
 
woundcarping said:

In trial data, the percentage of weight lost goes up as the dose goes up, but the extra benefit shrinks at larger doses and is usually capped by side effects, assuming a cap exists.

If you are a big’un, receptors are not something worth worrying about.
Big un cracks me up 🤣🤣🤣 can't help myself, I'm basically a dog — motivated by food
 
birdwhacker said:

I get it, man — I'm right there with you on the hunger. One thing to keep in mind: adding more is always an option, but taking it back isn't.

For me, it took a full 2 weeks before the appetite suppression really kicked in. My starting point was 0.5mg reta, and I kept pushing the dose up until I reached 2mg for the week; after that I moved to 1mg every 3 days. These days I'm at 2mg every 3 days and I'm thinking about adding cagri or tirz on top.

Don't stick to a once-a-week schedule. Cut your dose in half and take it every three days. Switch back and forth between the reta and the tirz. Let it do its thing for a while, but if you still need the appetite suppression, go ahead and push the dose higher. Every so often I'll add a small 0.5-1mg touchup in between doses.
A few days back I had a podcast on featuring a doctor. His point was that weekly dosing works out better, since the gaps let the peptide clear out somewhat and the receptors get resensitized. That way, he said, you can keep using the peptide longer and get more out of lower doses. Which doctor it was, I can't recall. Still, the idea seems interesting and fairly logical to me. When you switched between once a week and every 3-4 days, did anything feel different?
 
cloratheshadow said:

woundcarping said:

In trial data, the percentage of weight lost goes up as the dose goes up, but the extra benefit shrinks at larger doses and is usually capped by side effects, assuming a cap exists.

If you are a big’un, receptors are not something worth worrying about.
Big un cracks me up 🤣🤣🤣 can't help myself, I'm basically a dog — motivated by food
For me, it was food noise — I hardly ever felt hungry, and I was always ready to eat.

If I hit my goal, that means dropping about 33-35% of where I started on GLP, or roughly 38-40% of my all-time high from back in 2018.

On 12mg/week of Reta, just 24% managed to lose 35% or more. Right now I'm on 16mg/week, trying to push the odds my way.





6b838b398ff473ac0d689a26cff065edb1c7afe14aea1ad0b2dfd9e30a862b52.webp
 
hoobz said:

birdwhacker said:

I get it, man — I'm right there with you on the hunger. One thing to keep in mind: adding more is always an option, but taking it back isn't.

For me, it took a full 2 weeks before the appetite suppression really kicked in. My starting point was 0.5mg reta, and I kept pushing the dose up until I reached 2mg for the week; after that I moved to 1mg every 3 days. These days I'm at 2mg every 3 days and I'm thinking about adding cagri or tirz on top.

Don't stick to a once-a-week schedule. Cut your dose in half and take it every three days. Switch back and forth between the reta and the tirz. Let it do its thing for a while, but if you still need the appetite suppression, go ahead and push the dose higher. Every so often I'll add a small 0.5-1mg touchup in between doses.
A few days back I had a podcast on featuring a doctor. His point was that weekly dosing works out better, since the gaps let the peptide clear out somewhat and the receptors get resensitized. That way, he said, you can keep using the peptide longer and get more out of lower doses. Which doctor it was, I can't recall. Still, the idea seems interesting and fairly logical to me. When you switched between once a week and every 3-4 days, did anything feel different?
That same piece of advice has reached my ears too. Whether it holds up, I honestly can't say — but something about it doesn't sit well with me.

Since I've never stretched past 5 days between shots, I've got no way to put the two side by side. The appetite becomes unbearable, haha. Eating is something I genuinely adore. Case in point: a few days back I took my 2mg ahead of schedule, hoping it would keep me away from the brownies I'd baked for my dad. The following day I felt absolutely awful — way too much GLP floating around in my system — and yet I still downed a brownie roughly the size of my own head. After that I raided the kitchen post-bedtime as well.

Honestly, I think cagri is what I need LOL
 
cloratheshadow said:

woundcarping said:

Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
The thought makes me anxious, since I've come across talk of frying your receptors and folks reaching a point where it stops working. But truthfully, it already isn't doing much for me, so... my body is clearly signaling that I should go up. I'm still dropping a very small amount, though that's coming from working out and fighting hard to stay in a calorie deficit. I'll bump it up and hope that does the trick!
At the doses that have been studied, the idea that GLP1s might cause sensor desensitization does not hold up. These drugs act throughout the body rather than targeting one specific receptor group the way a lot of peptides do, so that problem has been shown not to occur. That means you can increase your dose gradually without worry, stopping once you notice it is doing its job.
 
hoobz said:

birdwhacker said:

I get it, man — I'm right there with you on the hunger. One thing to keep in mind: adding more is always an option, but taking it back isn't.

For me, it took a full 2 weeks before the appetite suppression really kicked in. My starting point was 0.5mg reta, and I kept pushing the dose up until I reached 2mg for the week; after that I moved to 1mg every 3 days. These days I'm at 2mg every 3 days and I'm thinking about adding cagri or tirz on top.

Don't stick to a once-a-week schedule. Cut your dose in half and take it every three days. Switch back and forth between the reta and the tirz. Let it do its thing for a while, but if you still need the appetite suppression, go ahead and push the dose higher. Every so often I'll add a small 0.5-1mg touchup in between doses.
A few days back I had a podcast on featuring a doctor. His point was that weekly dosing works out better, since the gaps let the peptide clear out somewhat and the receptors get resensitized. That way, he said, you can keep using the peptide longer and get more out of lower doses. Which doctor it was, I can't recall. Still, the idea seems interesting and fairly logical to me. When you switched between once a week and every 3-4 days, did anything feel different?

Chili777 said:

cloratheshadow said:

woundcarping said:

Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
The thought makes me anxious, since I've come across talk of frying your receptors and folks reaching a point where it stops working. But truthfully, it already isn't doing much for me, so... my body is clearly signaling that I should go up. I'm still dropping a very small amount, though that's coming from working out and fighting hard to stay in a calorie deficit. I'll bump it up and hope that does the trick!
At the doses that have been studied, the idea that GLP1s might cause sensor desensitization does not hold up. These drugs act throughout the body rather than targeting one specific receptor group the way a lot of peptides do, so that problem has been shown not to occur. That means you can increase your dose gradually without worry, stopping once you notice it is doing its job.
It feels like anything you hear from a podcast, a content creator, or a blog turns out to be untrue. Everyone is trying to profit off the GLP boom by chasing clicks. Every one of them has an affiliate link. I would put money on that doctor from the podcast being in the business of selling peptides and wellness supplements.

A few days ago, my stepmom sent me a video where a guy was discussing Reta and making up studies for his content. She actually left a comment asking for more information, and what did he do? He sent her a PDF of a fabricated study with made-up results, claiming that taking 0.25mg of reta for anti aging has benefits. Scattered all over it were, as you can probably guess, affiliate links.

Believe nothing unless it comes from some anonymous person on this forum who states it with total certainty.
 
woundcarping said:

cloratheshadow said:

woundcarping said:

Just raise your Tirz — no need to overthink it.

The main way Tirz operates is by cutting how much you eat, since it lowers hunger and quiets food noise. There’s still a lot of room for you to go up.
The thought makes me anxious, since I've come across talk of frying your receptors and folks reaching a point where it stops working. But truthfully, it already isn't doing much for me, so... my body is clearly signaling that I should go up. I'm still dropping a very small amount, though that's coming from working out and fighting hard to stay in a calorie deficit. I'll bump it up and hope that does the trick!

I haven't come across any believable reports of receptor burnout, even among those on 20+mg each week, with some adding Sema for extra GLP exposure.

By my third week on Tirz I began split dosing, then switched to Reta and continued splitting. The original trigger for splitting was food noise creeping back on day 4-5.
I believe that's Instagram influencers mixing up testosterone cycles with reta cycles. I've seen "influencers" discuss receptor desensitization and cycling, but those folks already carry low body fat and are chasing a shredded look. The majority of us are working toward a healthy body weight, and the studies cover longer durations

not cycling.
 
cloratheshadow said:

I've gone 2-3 weeks without the scale moving, and my appetite is definitely back. My titration pace has been quicker than what's advised, though I came across the idea that a larger amount of weight to shed often means a bigger dose is required. After dropping 60 lbs on my own and 20 lbs using Tirz, I still have 75 lbs left to go. On top of that, I'm stacking a small amount of Reta — currently 5mg Tirz alongside 1 mg Reta. Is it a bad idea to keep titrating upward? It's only week 7 for me, but the effect just isn't there the way it was during month 1.
At such a small reta dose, the glucagon agonism probably isn't hitting hard enough. I'm on 8 mgs myself, yet I'm thinking about adding triz or sema because hunger is still an issue. Reta hasn't done much for my appetite, though fat loss continues at a slow pace. One option might be to alternate your triz and reta stack.
 
Back
Top