Weekly shot or split it up?

Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Winnipeg manitoba
I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
 
Splitting my dose into 2 shots per week has always been my preference.

I'm sure plenty of replies will come in, but until then, take a look at what members have shared in the recent threads on this site --



=1&o=date]
Search results for query: split dose





051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Vriende said:

Splitting my dose into 2 shots per week has always been my preference.

I'm sure plenty of replies will come in, but until then, take a look at what members have shared in the recent threads on this site --



=1&o=date]
Search results for query: split dose





View attachment 10929


GLP1Chat.com
Thanks!! Those were helpful reads, and I appreciate it
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
My wife and I both do weekly injections. That approach has been fine for us over 6 months.
 
Once I reached 5mg of reta, the side effects pushed me to move to a twice-weekly schedule. These days I inject 3mg every 3.5 days, and I've had zero problems since.
 
This has been talked over many times, and it keeps coming back.

For GLPs, I dose 2x/week. Day 200 of GLP use is today: 70lb lost, around 25% body fat (DEXA), roughly 30lb left, and I’m cutting what remains of the fat by about half.
 
Just like sheila, I moved from a single weekly injection to taking it twice per week after the side effects became so rough that staying on the old schedule wasn't workable. Ideally I would have kept to once a week, yet the choice came down to stopping altogether or trying a different approach.
 
I’m not sure whether there’s an ideal approach, or whether Reta behaves differently, but all 100 lbs came off for me on Tirz taken once a week (6 mg for the bulk of that time). Had sides been rough, I’d have split it, yet I never had sides severe enough to justify splitting the dose. For me, once a week also pairs nicely with a calorie zig zag approach - suppression is strong early in the week when I prefer to eat less, then it tapers off later in the week.
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
Once I began titrating up, I switched to splitting my dose. The reason was that around day 5-6, my appetite suppression kept returning, so logically, dividing the dose across the week would counter that and also let me avoid any unexpected side effects. For those goals, it worked really well for me. I also relied on split dosing to taper down when that time arrived. I'd subtract a bit from one of the split days to gradually lower my intake without hunger suddenly surging back. Plus, you could try 2 on one day and 1 on another to see how that goes. If 3 suits you, there may be no need to leap straight to 4.
 
Deonitis said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
Once I began titrating up, I switched to splitting my dose. The reason was that around day 5-6, my appetite suppression kept returning, so logically, dividing the dose across the week would counter that and also let me avoid any unexpected side effects. For those goals, it worked really well for me. I also relied on split dosing to taper down when that time arrived. I'd subtract a bit from one of the split days to gradually lower my intake without hunger suddenly surging back. Plus, you could try 2 on one day and 1 on another to see how that goes. If 3 suits you, there may be no need to leap straight to 4.
I appreciate you breaking that down.
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

Deonitis said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
Once I began titrating up, I switched to splitting my dose. The reason was that around day 5-6, my appetite suppression kept returning, so logically, dividing the dose across the week would counter that and also let me avoid any unexpected side effects. For those goals, it worked really well for me. I also relied on split dosing to taper down when that time arrived. I'd subtract a bit from one of the split days to gradually lower my intake without hunger suddenly surging back. Plus, you could try 2 on one day and 1 on another to see how that goes. If 3 suits you, there may be no need to leap straight to 4.
I appreciate you breaking that down.
Absolutely. I had to figure a lot of it out through trial and error on my own. I also went back and tacked something onto the end of that previous reply. With weight loss, the tortoise approach tends to come out ahead. Dropping pounds quickly feels great, sure, but I've watched folks jump to big doses very early on. The weight comes off fast, yet it returns just as fast once they taper down or stop, and they end up needing larger maintenance amounts just to stay steady. That looks expensive to me, and in my view the real aim ought to be reaching your target and then managing independently, if that tracks. Put your attention on what you eat and on forming habits that last and eventually turn automatic. Pay attention to what your body tells you as you move up in dose.
 
Deonitis said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

Deonitis said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
Once I began titrating up, I switched to splitting my dose. The reason was that around day 5-6, my appetite suppression kept returning, so logically, dividing the dose across the week would counter that and also let me avoid any unexpected side effects. For those goals, it worked really well for me. I also relied on split dosing to taper down when that time arrived. I'd subtract a bit from one of the split days to gradually lower my intake without hunger suddenly surging back. Plus, you could try 2 on one day and 1 on another to see how that goes. If 3 suits you, there may be no need to leap straight to 4.
I appreciate you breaking that down.
Absolutely. I had to figure a lot of it out through trial and error on my own. I also went back and tacked something onto the end of that previous reply. With weight loss, the tortoise approach tends to come out ahead. Dropping pounds quickly feels great, sure, but I've watched folks jump to big doses very early on. The weight comes off fast, yet it returns just as fast once they taper down or stop, and they end up needing larger maintenance amounts just to stay steady. That looks expensive to me, and in my view the real aim ought to be reaching your target and then managing independently, if that tracks. Put your attention on what you eat and on forming habits that last and eventually turn automatic. Pay attention to what your body tells you as you move up in dose.
Thanks once more. This really makes it clearer how I should approach it... splitting could be the route to take!
 
For me, splitting into 2 injections each week has been the better approach. That said, my reason for taking Reta is to keep autoimmune flares in check. If I stretch the gap too far, things go downhill and the inflammation spikes quickly. On the weight side, it comes off at about 2 pounds weekly no matter how I space the doses. At one point I even ran a 6-day interval for a stretch.
 
Both, honestly. Right now I'm in a cut and doing what I can to hold onto as much muscle as possible. My Reta dose is 8mg each week, plus Tirz at 5mg twice a week (which adds up to 10mg weekly).

Reta is my favorite — fat comes off like butter with it — yet I'd swear it does almost nothing for my hunger. Tirz is the opposite: thanks to it, I can get by on potato, chicken, veggies, protein bars and protein shakes.

Running that stack, I've dropped 3 pounds per week. I could drop more, and there are times I have to force down a late-night protein bar along with a shake. But like I said, my goal is to preserve most of my muscle mass.
 
pharaoh said:

Both, honestly. Right now I'm in a cut and doing what I can to hold onto as much muscle as possible. My Reta dose is 8mg each week, plus Tirz at 5mg twice a week (which adds up to 10mg weekly).

Reta is my favorite — fat comes off like butter with it — yet I'd swear it does almost nothing for my hunger. Tirz is the opposite: thanks to it, I can get by on potato, chicken, veggies, protein bars and protein shakes.

Running that stack, I've dropped 3 pounds per week. I could drop more, and there are times I have to force down a late-night protein bar along with a shake. But like I said, my goal is to preserve most of my muscle mass.
What's your total weight loss so far? Taking 18mg of GLP drugs every week seems like the highest dose I've come across
 
Powerslide said:

pharaoh said:

Both, honestly. Right now I'm in a cut and doing what I can to hold onto as much muscle as possible. My Reta dose is 8mg each week, plus Tirz at 5mg twice a week (which adds up to 10mg weekly).

Reta is my favorite — fat comes off like butter with it — yet I'd swear it does almost nothing for my hunger. Tirz is the opposite: thanks to it, I can get by on potato, chicken, veggies, protein bars and protein shakes.

Running that stack, I've dropped 3 pounds per week. I could drop more, and there are times I have to force down a late-night protein bar along with a shake. But like I said, my goal is to preserve most of my muscle mass.
What's your total weight loss so far? Taking 18mg of GLP drugs every week seems like the highest dose I've come across
You really need to broaden your horizons. Some folks are on 18mg of Reta every week, while others use higher doses of Tirz, higher doses of Reta, or combine them with additional compounds.
 
Powerslide said:

pharaoh said:

Both, honestly. Right now I'm in a cut and doing what I can to hold onto as much muscle as possible. My Reta dose is 8mg each week, plus Tirz at 5mg twice a week (which adds up to 10mg weekly).

Reta is my favorite — fat comes off like butter with it — yet I'd swear it does almost nothing for my hunger. Tirz is the opposite: thanks to it, I can get by on potato, chicken, veggies, protein bars and protein shakes.

Running that stack, I've dropped 3 pounds per week. I could drop more, and there are times I have to force down a late-night protein bar along with a shake. But like I said, my goal is to preserve most of my muscle mass.
What's your total weight loss so far? Taking 18mg of GLP drugs every week seems like the highest dose I've come across
I know folks run much bigger doses — 20mg of Reta per week, for example.

More than 100 pounds are gone. Right now I sit at 15% bf and I'm aiming for 12%.

This is just a 1 month push. If 12% doesn't happen, fine. I've got a fair amount of muscle, so the muscles and abs are already showing; I'd just like to be a touch leaner before I go back to lean bulking.
 
I take the full amount in one injection every 6 days. Back when I first started and divided my doses, which I did for the reasons @Deonitis mentioned, the results weren't really coming through for me, and since I'm using Tirz, well.

You've got all the options in the world, darling! You could give twice-weekly injections a shot, and if that doesn't work out, just switch back to once a week! That's the beauty of all this....you get to tailor it to your own needs 😀

Best of luck with your choice!
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

I can't decide. For 4 weeks I've been on 2 mg once a week, and now that I'm about to move up to 4 mg, I'm thinking about dividing the dose instead.

What's better about taking it weekly compared to spreading it across every 3.5 days??

Someone help me figure this out, please!
If you divide the dose, the hormone stays steadier instead of spiking high and then dropping off during the middle of the week. That's what I've heard from others. Any side effects tend to be milder.
 
Back
Top