We Gave Our Rabbit an Oxytocin Injection

birdwhacker

Explorer
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
591
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛
 
birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
 
miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
 
birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Sure, beta blockers exist, but they're still a "blocker" at the end of the day. Propranolol is what I use, and it does the job for me. My problem, though, is that I generally don't care for most people and would rather be around animals the majority of the time—no blocker is going to change that.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Hm. After my next dose, I'll time how long I can hold eye contact before I have to look away.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Could she possibly have PDD, or would bringing in a male rabbit give her a natural oxytocin increase?
 
miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Sure, beta blockers exist, but they're still a "blocker" at the end of the day. Propranolol is what I use, and it does the job for me. My problem, though, is that I generally don't care for most people and would rather be around animals the majority of the time—no blocker is going to change that.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Hm. After my next dose, I'll time how long I can hold eye contact before I have to look away.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Could she possibly have PDD, or would bringing in a male rabbit give her a natural oxytocin increase?
For bringing down heart rate and the body's adrenaline reaction, beta blockers work well, and they help with blood pressure as well. Beyond that, though, there isn't much else.

Ashwaghanda combined with CBD, kanna, and blue lotus has worked for me. That said, it's something for occasional use. If the goal is making friends, drinking alcohol beats it by a mile.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Sure, beta blockers exist, but they're still a "blocker" at the end of the day. Propranolol is what I use, and it does the job for me. My problem, though, is that I generally don't care for most people and would rather be around animals the majority of the time—no blocker is going to change that.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Hm. After my next dose, I'll time how long I can hold eye contact before I have to look away.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Could she possibly have PDD, or would bringing in a male rabbit give her a natural oxytocin increase?
If I had a romantic partner, or honestly even friends, I'd reach for this far more often. Using it before sex or cuddling sounds like a huge amount of fun, but the way things are, there's simply no occasion for it.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Sure, beta blockers exist, but they're still a "blocker" at the end of the day. Propranolol is what I use, and it does the job for me. My problem, though, is that I generally don't care for most people and would rather be around animals the majority of the time—no blocker is going to change that.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Hm. After my next dose, I'll time how long I can hold eye contact before I have to look away.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Could she possibly have PDD, or would bringing in a male rabbit give her a natural oxytocin increase?
No lol. She's happy and healthy, just skittish.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Sure, beta blockers exist, but they're still a "blocker" at the end of the day. Propranolol is what I use, and it does the job for me. My problem, though, is that I generally don't care for most people and would rather be around animals the majority of the time—no blocker is going to change that.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Hm. After my next dose, I'll time how long I can hold eye contact before I have to look away.

birdwhacker said:

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
That resonates with me. I really wish something other than benzodiazepines or calcium channel blockers existed as a workable option for social anxiety.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
True, the duration is brief. Still, from what I understand, some evidence points toward mild gains in eye contact and other social behaviors, even if the subjective effect is less obvious than what you'd get from a stimulant or psychedelic.

miameow said:

birdwhacker said:

The title covers it. We administered roughly 5mcg of oxytocin to her. She handled it without any issue, no signs of distress. She also appeared pretty relaxed once the dose was in. Roughly 5 minutes have passed and she's eating a cookie.

Reasoning: A healthy female rabbit is capable of having 15 to more than 30 litters during her life. Ours has had just 1 litter — she was already pregnant when she came into my care, and sadly not one of her kits survived.

Over the years I've helped raise rabbits, and every sweet one that enjoyed being held and played with was a mama bunny.

Our rabbit has a great life as a free range house rabbit; she eats spring mix, baby carrots, fresh hay, alfalfa pellets, seed stick, freeze dried fruits, bananas, rabbit treats, plus anything my dad and I decide would be funny to feed her. She really likes corn chips and pepperonis.

Even so, she's extremely skittish and rarely looks for attention except when she wants food.

We'd like her to be somewhat more social, so we're going to attempt daily oxytocin doses along with cuddling and food, to see whether we can strengthen prosocial behaviors and shift her temperament.

About 10 minutes have passed now and she's moving around the living room, asking for food, grooming herself as always. Following the injection, Mom said she shut her eyes for a minute or so while being petted. Could be the oxytocin rush.

She's a highly hormonal animal. At times she has phases where she wants more attention, and at other times she becomes very skittish and does more anxious nesting behavior than normal.

Curious to see how this goes. She just stopped grooming and stretched out to chill with us in the family room.

Naturally, I looked into the dosing. Diluted ~100-150mcg into 1 ML, then injected 5-6 units of that. I'm sure some of you will Chime in with your Gemini/ChatGPT/Claude results too 😛

I'm not a rabbit, but oxytocin alone won't do much to boost my sociability beyond where it already is. That initial dose gave me a wave of euphoria, though it faded pretty quickly afterward. Even so, I continue injecting every other day. She's such a gentle little creature. Hopefully she's doing fine - I don't know how rabbits break these compounds down.
Exactly the same way it works in us. In fact, DSIP was first found in rabbit brains. Rabbits, dogs, and cats really aren't all that far from us.

Just as in humans, oxytocin gets released naturally in rabbits during birth and nursing, and veterinary studies have looked at giving it externally too.

My guess is that rabbits are far less complex than humans, so hormones play a bigger role in governing them. That seems especially true given how strongly reproduction drives them in the wild. As I mentioned, our bunny goes through hormonal phases and can behave very oddly for weeks at a time. I want to find out whether oxytocin can give her that special feeling she might be lacking – the kind usually exchanged between a male and a female rabbit.
Could she possibly have PDD, or would bringing in a male rabbit give her a natural oxytocin increase?
No lol. One house rabbit is more than enough.
 
Back
Top