Way too many bottles in the cabinet - how do you trim a stack down?

Bollerhead

Explorer
Joined
May 6, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Foristell, MO
Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.
 
Was there a dart board involved, or did each thing get added for a specific reason?

If reasons were the driver, do they still hold? Are they sound?

And aren't BCAA close to pointless?
 
NAC and NAD but no TMG?

j/k

Honestly though, I know the feeling.

The upside is that Crack is nowhere close to being as healthy, so that's one thing in your favor.

The NAD+ is only a cycle, right? the NAC precursor ought to carry it onward afterwards, if you need it, though a methyl donor (TMG) might be worth a look

I had it pointed out to me that the glutathione precursor is the NAC

Once the weight is under control and you're not sitting at an extreme deficit, protein from food should cover it, so it may only be temporary.

Maybe treat it as money spent on health and quality of life rather than a cost.

Which of those overlap or aren't needed I'll leave to other people.
 
woundcarping said:

Was there a dart board involved, or did each thing get added for a specific reason?

If reasons were the driver, do they still hold? Are they sound?

And aren't BCAA close to pointless?
Fair question. Every one of them is in there for a specific need, and every one of them is still needed. That's my read based on my age and what I'm deficient in. Strength training happens 3-5 days a week and my aim is more muscle, turning this body into a fat burning machine. Most of my supplement choices trace back to that
 
Bollerhead said:

woundcarping said:

Was there a dart board involved, or did each thing get added for a specific reason?

If reasons were the driver, do they still hold? Are they sound?

And aren't BCAA close to pointless?
Fair question. Every one of them is in there for a specific need, and every one of them is still needed. That's my read based on my age and what I'm deficient in. Strength training happens 3-5 days a week and my aim is more muscle, turning this body into a fat burning machine. Most of my supplement choices trace back to that

Following that reasoning, there's nothing on your list to remove.
 
Alongside the half dozen peppers, 10 pill supplements is what I'm on right now. Berberine and CoQ10 look like the ones to drop, which brings it to 8.

Magnesium Glycinate, Nattokinase, Omega 3, Probiotic, B Complex, D, Selenium, and Zinc will remain.
 
Ray Kurzweil is a scientist I hold in high regard, largely for what he's given to electronic music. As a thinker he's strong across the board. His daily intake is something like 80 supplements. A lot of scientific reasoning went into that decision, I'm sure. It once sat above 100, and the reason he trimmed it wasn't that he decided it was excessive - it was that supplement quality got better.
 
Fair point. TMG has crossed my radar but I haven't looked into it properly. My combo of NAC and glycine is there to raise my body's glutathione - antioxidant support plus reducing toxins in my liver. The NaD covers energy and mostly cell repair. Maybe it belongs in cycles, but I love getting clean energy all day with no crash, and my sessions are at their best when I head to the gym soon after.
 
FartfulCodger said:

Ray Kurzweil is a scientist I hold in high regard, largely for what he's given to electronic music. As a thinker he's strong across the board. His daily intake is something like 80 supplements. A lot of scientific reasoning went into that decision, I'm sure. It once sat above 100, and the reason he trimmed it wasn't that he decided it was excessive - it was that supplement quality got better.
Ouch! That can't be cheap!
 
Yeah, I'm probably hunting in the wrong place entirely. Everybody on this forum is a peptide and supplement obsessive (me included). 🤣
 
Bollerhead said:

Yeah, I'm probably hunting in the wrong place entirely. Everybody on this forum is a peptide and supplement obsessive (me included). 🤣

Your claim is that every single one was added for a purpose that's still valid. What argument could we even make against that?
 
Skidude said:

NAC and NAD but no TMG?

j/k

Honestly though, I know the feeling.

The upside is that Crack is nowhere close to being as healthy, so that's one thing in your favor.

The NAD+ is only a cycle, right? the NAC precursor ought to carry it onward afterwards, if you need it, though a methyl donor (TMG) might be worth a look

I had it pointed out to me that the glutathione precursor is the NAC

Once the weight is under control and you're not sitting at an extreme deficit, protein from food should cover it, so it may only be temporary.

Maybe treat it as money spent on health and quality of life rather than a cost.

Which of those overlap or aren't needed I'll leave to other people.
NAD isn't the one NAC precedes - glutathione is.
 
Bollerhead said:

Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.
My own oral list runs to 40 supplements and it never stops changing.. so you're not the only one here....

Every one of them has a justification, I'm just not ready to put "my stack" on display for everyone (The Judgment be real tho....)

Right now I'm on the same set as you minus Glucosamine/BCAA..
 
SVT810E said:

Skidude said:

NAC and NAD but no TMG?

j/k

Honestly though, I know the feeling.

The upside is that Crack is nowhere close to being as healthy, so that's one thing in your favor.

The NAD+ is only a cycle, right? the NAC precursor ought to carry it onward afterwards, if you need it, though a methyl donor (TMG) might be worth a look

I had it pointed out to me that the glutathione precursor is the NAC

Once the weight is under control and you're not sitting at an extreme deficit, protein from food should cover it, so it may only be temporary.

Maybe treat it as money spent on health and quality of life rather than a cost.

Which of those overlap or aren't needed I'll leave to other people.
NAD isn't the one NAC precedes - glutathione is.
cheers, no idea how those two got mixed up in my head. good to be set straight.
 
Bollerhead said:

Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.

😂😂😂 Those look like beginner stats to me. Counting peptides, I'm already running six, and I keep eyeing another pair to stack onto a two-peptide cycle. Then there's the daily pile of caps — a dozen or so at minimum — plus collagen mixed into all sorts of things and a couple of protein sources. Creatine tempted me because of the cognitive upside people claim for it, though at this point in a cut I can't afford the extra water retention, so that experiment waits. 😂

Whenever I run my list past grok, the reply comes down to 'plenty going on there, though your logic holds up.' Honestly, a chatbot that just agrees with me is exactly the sort of yes man I want.
 
Bollerhead said:

Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.
Trouble trimming down your stack? There's likely a pill sold for exactly that!

Merge the whole lot into one giant capsule and the sheer number stops looking so intimidating. (Joking, obviously).
 
Bollerhead said:

Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.
If that already strikes you as out of hand, then I'm clearly a complete psychopath, since my own pile is probably twice the size. 🤣
 
Bollerhead said:

Help! The pile of supplements I'm on has gotten completely out of hand. Right now the subq side is Klow, Reta, NAD, 5 amino 1Mq and AOD.

On top of that there's a whole mountain of oral stuff, which is also spiralling and needs to come way down. The orals are whey protein, Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium, glycine and. NAC, collagen peptides, BCAAs and creatine.

The Reta makes me feel like my micro nutrients are short, and I'm trying to swallow pills until that's fixed. Any suggestions for trimming it back? At this point being a crack head would have worked out cheaper.
Glucosamine is just money down the toilet.

And what's the thinking behind the NAC, creatine and BCAA?
 
Bollerhead said:

woundcarping said:

Was there a dart board involved, or did each thing get added for a specific reason?

If reasons were the driver, do they still hold? Are they sound?

And aren't BCAA close to pointless?
Fair question. Every one of them is in there for a specific need, and every one of them is still needed. That's my read based on my age and what I'm deficient in. Strength training happens 3-5 days a week and my aim is more muscle, turning this body into a fat burning machine. Most of my supplement choices trace back to that
BCAA is essentially cash straight into the drain. EAAs, on the other hand, actually have an effect. My own habit is an EAA-and-electrolytes mix taken after training every single day. It keeps me hydrated and nudges me toward that Van Damme build.
 
Back
Top